Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 BETTER: To Have Loved and Lost OR to Never have Loved? - Minitokyo

BETTER: To Have Loved and Lost OR to Never have Loved?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Loved and lost. THe pain of losing her made me who I am. It made me wiser. I wouldn't trade the memory of her for anything.

Bleh, no siggy yet.

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

It's better to have loved and lost because I want to know how it feels when a girl likes me. I want to know how love feels because most of the time I feel wrath, fear, and sadness.

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

I think to never have loved.
People say that even though someone has loved and lost, they still remember the good memories.....but I wonder, wouldn't those memories bring more pain?
But if you've never loved, then you very much want to experience it and you're pretty unaware of the risks involved.
For many, the devastation of losing someone will stay with them for all their lives! And if they're not strong enough to fight the pain, then how will they live on?
This is a very serious and variable matter and after reading the other comments/replies, I realised that many here have loved and lost. ~For all those who have, I wish you all the luck in finding your strength to overcome the pain!~

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

to me it depends on how the love ends. If was a tragic accident or it was mutual break up- then loving is better. But if it's one sided and you gave your all to make that person happy and then they decide one day that they just don't love you anymore, then I personally would rather not have ever known that, cause with the good memories also comes the bad one of that person leaving.

sakuralim

Love is ......

Is It Better To Have Loved And Lost OR To Have Never Have Loved
hhmm... where did I read this from *thinking. . .*
but it is better to love
love is somthing that you give it away
but if you hold on tight
you would not get any love
so give it away
and it will comes right back to you ^^
yes, maybe you love someone and it hurts
but there is always someone love you back ^^ ;)

Loved and lost. You'll know well not to repeat the mistake you did before, which is falling in love.

Well I am currently in love and loved and I reckon that while I do agree that love hurts, I reckon that it gives you a happier feeling that someone in the world loves you for who you are. I used to be very depressed and always wondered whether anyone would ever love me or if I would just suffer unrequitted love forever but now I know that someone does love me, my life seems to have more meaning. My friends used to tell me that I shouldnt base my life on having a boyfriend and all but its not that, i just want to feel that loving someone the way I love my boyfriend is not for nothing.

Two tear drops were floating down the river. One teardrop said to the other, "I'm the teardrop of a girl who loved a man and lost him. Who are you?"..."I'm the teardrop of the man who regrets letting a girl go..."

~ Takarninaha Bakathique Kharrguelian Kaciama Tzernkaellan

Never have loved. You don't miss of that. We can't miss of something that we don't know. I think love is the best thing to sink in despair. I don't say that it isn't necessary to love, we need love but if you lost it, people can be in fall in the depression or something worse.

To never have loved... There's nothing worse than finding comfort in something so true and then having it ripped out of your hands, out of your life. It's even worse when you know for a fact nothing was wrong but rather your partner's doubt and insecurity which takes over and she's either too blind to see how good it is or just too ignorant to understand...

I am the milkman. My milk is delicious.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

@Shinsengumi:

Thanks for pointing out the poem. I've never read that far into In Memoriam to get to that verse. ^_^;;

@ this thread:

Only when you have really lost something so precious do you find out its irreplaceable value. Though ignorance may bring bliss, the pain of the loss also brings enlightenment. No one wants to ever lose a love, but to have at least tasted the sweet nectar of that joy is I think worth it.

I hope I will never lose my love; I will do anything to protect her. But if, God forbid, I do, I will not regret having at least found my special someone. The pain will at least remind me of the joy that I otherwise would have never found.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Serph

hmmm... losing a loved.. is much far greater pain tahn anything in the world... not to say..when u recoverd your loved..and lost it again...haha..so if u think that kinda love that will be lost in a high propability...it is better to not have it..yeap

ParadoxPixie

ParadoxPixie

Triple Orgasmic Bi

To have Loved and Losing it. Why? I'd rather suffer in a way like that...I'm willing to feel the greatest pain in the world.

"I'll rot carefully, cautiously and in style."

Itami-Chan

Itami-Chan

Mrs.Kakashi..and sn34k3rs master

i'd rather have loved and lost cuz i wouldnt want to give up any of the happy memories (although there may be few) and in the end see it as a learning experience...

sig and avvy made by k1ru! ^.^

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i picked the last possible thread....
i guess i should have loved, at least i know how it feels to be loved#
and then i lose it, been through the sadness and then enjoy the feeling to be loved more carefully this time round

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

johngimen

johngimen

E.Y.A.I.M.

the joy of being in love, the pain of being rejected, all r experience that life gives u, so y not just go with the flow. sure, its painful when ur love is deep and their isnt, but to love is to care n when u care u share ur feelings, its like noing there another person carrying the weight on ur shoulder, sorta gives u joy noing some1 is beside u. n if u never experience love then u wouldnt know wats that like

follow ur heart, abandon ur brain
i aint that smart, but ill keep what i gain

I say to have loved and lost instead of never being loved. Cause even if you did lose the one you loved you know how it feels instead of not knowing love. I mean sure you do lose someone but at least you had to chance to expirence it.

Zero37

Genosis

The cliche'd version is correct, as always. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. To know one of the greatest joys in the world, at the price of enduring one the greatest pains... Is beautiful in its totality. Basides which, love makes you better, even if you lose it, the effects are still there, even if you try to purge them.

Peorthmegami

Fanboyistic randomness

I say its better to have loved and lost, because at the least, you would know what love is like, even if it hurts to loose it, you still have your memory of it, and that will never fade.

kusco

kusco

Nice ? Me ? What a joke

I have not experienced it yet but I can tell that have loved and lost is sure something very painful.
But it's wrong saying that only pain is left because the good moments stay in your heart and memory and just having them is worthy having loved.

Bye everyone. I left Minitokyo.
Hope to see you soon.

It's almost impossible to live your whole life without falling in love. Most of the ppl fall in love and end up losing their love and hurting... whether they want it or not...
But everybody wants to be loved and to love... so you can't really stop it... you just can't resist... at least most of the ppl can't... it takes great strength to chose to never love -as much as you can chose this- And I do agree with the fact that it's heartbreaking to give it all and to lose the person that means the most to you... it's too painful... you can never forget that kind of stuff

KitClairvoyance

KitClairvoyance

The Secret Cookie Hoarder

To have loved and lost.....
Because love is such a wonderful emotion, it makes one feel alive and belonged.. so much that it gives meaning to life.. even if it is for a short time. And although love sometimes will end in pain.. You can learn so so much through a relationship and have so many memories.. and the pain also helps you to grow a little more.. a little better for the future until you meet the person who is waiting for you!

who has loved for real? I thought I had been in love so often and then in the end I was not. I mean, the real true love, not just the normal having a crush on someone and be head over heels in love.

I think the true love is not that easy to find and you can't lose it.

Therefore I say no love at all. You can enjoy your life with friends. ^^

Member of Appreciating-Fllay

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

Love is not the same for everyone, but I do think the basic thing that people understand that affection is needed. For those who have lost love it may have not been easy. There are those who found it was hard at first but found that in the end it was worth it all. Others may not have such an easy time and it can ruin a lot of things in their lives as long as the pain of the loss is still there. The thing is maybe it is better not to love if life hurts more than the joy but if someone becomes a better person for it, then the love was truly one of the best things ever in one's life. I may have never loved but I can at least grasp this much of a concept. I hope some of you can be happier making your choices in the subject of love.

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

To never have loved, What's the mean of to have felt love and lost it, that stinks, if you want to love, is better to not to loose that love, because maybe you'll never love again, and your heart becomes in a stone.

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.