Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's your opinion on cartoon producers copying Anime? - Minitokyo

What's your opinion on cartoon producers copying Anime?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Rashi

Rashi

time of your life...

I've been noticing it for quite a while now, American Cartoon "producers" are copying the anime style! I think it's quite amusing cuz it's pretty easy to see the obvious differences between the Drawing ways, and the typical "amine grimances" they unsuccessesfully try to copy, from the originals... hehe

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

PeachGirl

PeachGirl

Fallen Angel

It is rather funy but it's ok. I like Kindom Hearts and that's also an "american-anime-game" and now they want do publish a manga which is based on the game

Ja mata!
Tomodachi ni narimsen ka?

Signature

~~ Incandescene can dance through white shades of sand.
Perfect skies tell the tides~~

There must be more than this provincial life.
Dreaming of far off places, daring sword fights,
magic spells and a prince in disguise

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned

Rashi

Rashi

time of your life...

yeah, but that was in association with final fantasie, unlike series like Totaly Spice hihi, I didn't say that I don't like some of them... :nya:

Well, I think it's great. XD After all, they're slowly bringing anime into the market and making it more mainstream, right? :) Something like this from 'home' would help speed the process up~<3 That way, audiences would already be half used to it when the companies hit them with the real deal.

I have no problems with it as long as they do a good job of it. At least there will be more diversity.

tarkus

tarkus

Aqua-Tarkus

Anything that will get the creators and producers of animation to take it to the next level, and that probably comes from blending the different perspectives - I'm fer it. I think that what Bruce Timm and others did with the animated Batman and Superman series, as well as Justice League are major steps in improving the quality of US animation. Their story lines are exceeding the quality of the animation, but that is because animation is not taken seriously enough and the money suits still hold down the production costs. Maybe this will change, but I fear that it will actually go the other way. In fact, you can see where Japan sometimes produces choppy stuff just to get it into the market. So in the end will Japan influance the quality of the US (or other countries, of course) produced animation or will the US drag down the quality of anime by showing studios in Japan how to make bigger profits by cutting costs? Stay tuned.

No station in life is above any other,
if it is occupied by someone with a good heart.

Well as long as people can tell the difference between manga and american cartoons copying manga I can live with it.

boei

**Dark Mood**

frankly, it is unoriginal and pathetic..
The thing is if they realli do try to imitate something that does not originate from them, it is never gonna be as good. Never. And i think they're quite pathetic, as instead of trying to think of totally different ways to attract audiences they are resorting to copying. Seriously..I've seen some of them and they do not hold a candle to japanese animations. In terms of drawings, in terms of animations, ideas, expression. Nothing. They ahould already start admitting that in terms of animation and stuff like that, Japan reigns.

Prelim ExamS!!!!!!!!

followed by finals!!!!!

This is CRAzY!

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

I think one of those American cartoons which attempted to extract a hint of anime would be "Totally Spies". Some styles could be rather deceiving and looks a little like anime.
This might indicate that the success of anime is widely salient in the USA.
And the USA wants to mimic and gain equivalent if not near success in their productions.
This could be a good thing. This could mean that Western people would start to produce anime, improve on their anime art. Though this could mean a globalisation of anime and that could make anime drift away from its original home i.e. Japan.

Yes, I know many say it's stupid that they do so, but it could be good for the economy, and who knows, maybe the USA will make a satisfying anime title in the future.

PeachGirl

PeachGirl

Fallen Angel

I have no problems with it too. America is not the only one who copyed the anime-style, France and Korea does it too

Ja mata!
Tomodachi ni narimsen ka?

Signature

~~ Incandescene can dance through white shades of sand.
Perfect skies tell the tides~~

There must be more than this provincial life.
Dreaming of far off places, daring sword fights,
magic spells and a prince in disguise

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned

Copying, copying. How many people here truly ARE Japanese to say such a thing? They might be fans that had their own ideas and were able to work it out... and if we all tried to go to Japan and learn the true art... I think there are enough people out there.
Ok, it's also possible it's a marketing thing done by people who don't give a damn about Japan and the fact that we like anime for something else than its look: its plot.

Anyway, Osamu Tezuka was inspired by Disney. *Shrugs* Although he did do a great job.

Although I don't like those cartoons with anime-like stuff in them, I can't help but to think about the many fans who don't draw manga right. I mean, I've seen lots of fan comics drawn manga style:
they almost all look the same and I can see how much they lack experience with something as simple as a sweatdrop.
Yet we can only encourage them.
And they can't all learn Japanese and go learn with the pros.

This was my two cents, I hope I was clear.

I would like to publish comics and my artstyle is anime-like. I bet it even looks horribly clumsy! I still have a story to tell and I like drawing, so there!

Rashi

Rashi

time of your life...

yeah, all you said may be true but this (not only) american producers sure as hell are not drawing pseudo anime style becouse they're die hard fans... :x I am pretty shure that they are after provit... :)
but I didn't really say that I mind... hehe

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

Though I really like the way that American cartoons are being made like Anime, I'm glad to see that Anime is having an influence in this country.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.