Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Solitaire - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

I have found Solitaire being the #1 time filler game. I just notice this recenly how frquent people played Solitaire in their machines. I think you seen people played it in any location whenever they get their hands on a computre or laptop, solitaire is always being played. So do you guys played it to pass the time, as a challenge, or just for the heck of it?

An interesting note: I learned the reason Micosoft had solitaire mandatory in their windows was to design to help people to drag and click, so it is a form of teching tool for people to learn how to use windows. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

In addition to playing Solitaire on the computer, even on campus, people take a deck of cards and play Solitaire to pass time. Me? I pass time by talking to my MT friends! :)

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Arael

Arael

Ocean Soul

mainly, i use solitaire during the installation of a real game =)

Signature
www.gitarrenlaerm.de.vu
-Metal Community Kassel-

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Why play Solitaire, when you have Minesweeper as well? It's the same thing, except more though-provoking action - really, lol.

And I love Free Cell too.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

Quote by CelessaWhy play Solitaire, when you have Minesweeper as well? It's the same thing, except more though-provoking action - really, lol.

And I love Free Cell too.

^^ totally agree with Celessa on this one ^^ Minesweeper is so much better... and how about Pinball?? its more of an arcade game tho.

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

I play Spider Solitaire on my tablet PC in meetings all the time. *shhhh* don't tell anybody. ;)

Quote by MordinAn interesting note: I learned the reason Micosoft had solitaire mandatory in their windows was to design to help people to drag and click, so it is a form of teching tool for people to learn how to use windows. smiley

Incidentally, my tablet PC came with a game called Inkball (or something like that.) It teaches you to use the stylus. I guess they had success with the mouse and solitaire, so why not?

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Spider Solitaire was hard if you played four separate types over there: Heart, Clubs, Diamonds, Spades.

But who could forget Minesweeper's brain-busting actions? lol - can you beat it in this amount of time?

http://img220.exs.cx/img220/7185/msweeper1nc.jpg

lol - yeah - was playing it while on the forum. Beat it in my 1st attempt, go figure.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Yea, since Solitaires are included in Windows, it's accessible. I play it when I feel extremely bored, but normally I wouldn't "waste" my time on it as I have better places to spend my time on. But I never knew it was used for practicing drag and drop (since I've been so used to it). Nice fact there.

<lol> To help people learn to drag and click? XD Awesome! <lol> To be sure, by quick double-click trigger finger thingy was developed from solitaire. From when you have all the cards lined up, and all you need to do is double-click them all to send them to the suits' piles. XD

Hehehe~ though like Cel, my pet filler is Minesweeper~<3 Argh! Screencaps! ^_^' I don't have any, but my best time for Beginners is 6 seconds (did that once - disappointing for how many times i've played the game -_- seven seconds only twice). Record for Intermediate is 45, and got Expert in something like 190. Guhh~ I'll cap it next time! XD Hehehe~ rock on, 'sweeper fans!

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

lol, my apology to minesweeper fans for not mentioning it in the same breath as solitaire. :) That is some insane skill there celess, for me I just couldn't do well in that game. I guess the majority opinion so far is that these games so far is for something to do. :) I am sorry that I just don't know what minesweeper teaches, since I don't see any application in windows that use minesweeper techniques. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Bwahaha~ XD Here we go. Played it again, just for the cap <lol>
http://img204.exs.cx/img204/3905/51.gif

Ahh~ if you don't mind, Mor, I'm going to start a thread about this. ^_^'

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Lol, like minesweeper and solitare, although I'm not ver good at either of them! XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

o.O solitaire... my best record is completing in 45 seconds!! =p
minesweeper.. beginner : 6s , intermediate:42 seconds~ expert: 148 seconds!
beat those =p I used to play them everyday almost every minute~
now I play spider solitaire, hearts, freecell, pinball : record like 6million.. and basically all the windows preinstalled games ;)
just too boring ok play to past time and stuff

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

hey i don't play this game, i prefer to roam the spam lounge here, much more fun..... otherwise the card games i like are poker, tarot .
my bro is pretty good at minesweeper, make 86 seconds i think :) ..... i just suck at this, you know by the time it gets to my brain, it's about 10 seconds, so if you repeat that for 99 mines ^_^'

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.