Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 When did you first learn to speak english? - Minitokyo

When did you first learn to speak english?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

I learned to speak english when i was 3 years old.My grandfather was the one who taught me since he liked to hang out with american soldiers during wwII .i think the 1st english word i spoke was"chicken".

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

lol^^ um.. since it's my 1st laguage I knew it since I could speak ^^ lol but I am learning Japanese now ^^

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

...Even though English is my second language, I'm not sure I can really put a finger on when I first learned to speak it since I grew up in an English speaking country. *shrugs*

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

Ah, man ... I wish I was billingual! If I could have a superpower, it'd be to understand and speak all known languages fluently. :P (I'm obviously stuck with just English, despite taking French in high school and Latin in high school and college.)
I don't want to derail your thread - I just wanted to tell everybody who replies because they learned English in addition to something else that I think they're really cool! *cheesy grin*

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Although English is not my native language, its the first langauge I learned ~ age-wise i guess i was probably 1 or 2 years old. Unfortunately i don't recall my first word, but it was probably something weird or funny ^^

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... well, i officially started learning in junior high... but my father taught me some words before that... i think, except the usual "one, two, three" my first word was "delicious"... hum.. it's sad, if he would have followed on his parents footsteps, i probably would have learned it at the same time as i learned French... that is, from birth... (after all, my grandmother was an English teacher, and my grandfather came from New-Brunswick)... T_T

i learned to speak english when i was 9 ... i cant quite remember details but i new that i was sloppy and had a funny accent

Within the first year of birth >_>;; Its my native language.

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

English was my First Language
Korean was my Second Language
French was my Third Language
Japanese was my Fourth Language.

I ditched Korean and French.

I speak bilingually in both English and Japanese, officially well.

As to being the one who is really well spoken in both languages - that would be me. **Raises her hand** It took a lot of patience to learn the Japanese Language, but it is well worth the 2 year wait at the end. The rest of the languages, I'm not really that good with at all.

You should live in Japan - that's the easiest way to learn Japanese, hands-down. I self-taught myself a lot back then, and after a couple months, I surprised all my friends with my new-found language. Boo-yeah, indeed. Along with some Ayumi Hamasaki and BoA albums **snickers** - lolis

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

when i was 0 years old :D
English aint exactly my native language (its Malay)

but nonetheless its a pretty importatnt subject over here.
but the weird thing is, my Malay aint good XD (not BAD, but aint good lolz)

HamsterJohn

HamsterJohn

Defender of ur Mom

when i was born.

000011111 11110000111 000111 111 111 !!!!oneone one

Stop wasting the internet!

Banchan

Banchan

Nocturnal Creature

English....when I started prep school... Chinese is my mother tongue. ^^;

spoke english the day i was born
but speak chinese to my mum

Signature

"I think I want to be forgiven..... Yeah, I want to be forgiven"
Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy Advent Children

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

I guess I started speaking english when I could speak..
my mother tongue is chinese but english is the national language here~ everything is taught in english!! but really I cannot consider myself speaking english.. its like mix of chinese and english and a lot of dialects-"singlish"

StrawberryJar

StrawberryJar

that lonely fruit in the corner

I've spoken it since I was about 8... that's when I started playing computer games XD

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

in a private school called "sunrise" when I was three years old...
:)
however I started to like it when I was 16 or so ^_^'

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

St-Seiya

St-Seiya

~ Athena no Saint ~

i don't remember... maybe when i was 12... at school since i don't live in a english-speaking country
"Hey, babe, what's your name ?" lol

What kind of Devil's fruit would you eat ? http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10719/
What do you think of P2P : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10645/
Ninjai the little ninja : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10602/

Second Grade.....

English as Second language here....

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

The same place I learned to speak my first language (properly, anyway)--school.

Oh, my, MadWiz, are you from Singapore, too? ^_^

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

Sweet-angel

Sweet-angel

Kpop & Jpop Fanatic

When I was seven years old and moved to the U.S at school they taught me english.

Signature Image
Thanks to einna for Sig and Avatar.
[Hispanime]

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

how about, I didnt really learn properly until i started watching anime ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

They taught me English in school in Holland. And I speak English everyday now that I live in the u.s....

Be Free and Masturbate

bloodphoenix

bloodphoenix

Shadowflame

English is my mother tongue si ive been speaking it since I began to talk

Time is wriitten on the wind Fate is not carved in sheets of stone these are the words that I have heard~gasaraki
I lie in darkness because darkness lies in me

bmagrl

.:hot pink cosmo:.

3 years ago
when i just came to america

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.