Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 When did you first learn to speak english? - Minitokyo

When did you first learn to speak english?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

BerzerkerOr

BerzerkerOr

I was the jesus brick

I learned to speak hick english when I was three because I was born in Texas with a bunch of hillbillys.

Signature

It's kinda weird, but I actually learned Chinese first even though I was born in Canada. My parents would always use Chinese with me because they knew I'd learn English anyways. I kind of had to... So yah. I'm not really sure when I started using English. Probably around the same time though since I would have had to pick it up from TV or something like that.

AngelicRhapsody

AngelicRhapsody

Mmm...Yaoi...

I'm from the US, so English was my first language. I kinda speak Spanish too (I took 5 years in high school and two in college, I'll be starting my third year of Spanish in the fall. I can read Spanish a lot better than I can speak it though.) I'm also trying to learn Japanese...I wish the college that I go to offered courses in Japanese...

Apparently I had a momentary lapse of sanity which I have yet to recover from.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

6 going on 7 years ago. lol. So that makes 3 languages I know well. lol chinese, japanese, and english. learning french too. ^_^

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Yuina

Yuina

.:sapphire soul:.

English is my mother tongue so I learned it at my youngest age. Basically, since I could even speak, french on the other hand...

"On peut croire qu'on a tout, et perdre l'essentiel."
What do you know, I hate french yet I have a french sig. Maybe I'm beginning to like the language.

thanks for the reply!

ikki333

ikki333

Ni idea

a few year ago... when I was kid I learned some english but I follow have bad english :')

Nu se... probando esto

phamster2002

phamster2002

far east tribe leader

i learned to speak english when i was 7 when i came to america and still my grammer sucks like hell cause i got to use to veitnamese and french

chidoguan

The moon is dancing

When I was about 4-5 years old in kindergarden I learned the basics, colors, name of things, alphabet and stuff, from 7 to 15 I learned from videogames! using a dictionary and putting al together and currently Im taking english lessons :P

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

can't remember...i was too young. My dad taught me to learn english. I live in M'sia so i speak three languages including Malay and my mother tongue. usually use my mother tongue (KaDus) with my family.

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

I learned how to speak English since I started going to school which is kindergarten :) My first language is vietnamese though :P

I was born in North America so I can't remember when I learned how to speak english.....even though my english is crappy...

akatsukiotoko

akatsukiotoko

jus like that

after my parents made me.....

'Signature Image'
I AM A HAPPY MAN 14/11/2005-2/12/2005 IS MY GENERAL EXAMS wish me luck!!!!!!!!

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

I spoke English since the day I began to talk, though it's not my mother tongue. Followed by a mix of malay, english, mandarin, and many other chinese dialects. In my country, being mutilingual is a norm.

V-sayo

V-sayo

sayo~

i started learning english 7 years ago, and that when i was 12, although its not my favourite language, its still cool to be bilingual, more job opportunities and more people to talk to i guess.

other than english, i can speak/write/read mandarin, can understand a fair amount of french and japanese, and one advantage of living in a multicultural country, i can curse in many different languages lol

i caught my girlfriend making out with my boyfriend 0_o"

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

mmmm...about 3ish too, i was fluent in chinese but now i've forgotten it all ^^;

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

when i was young, can't remember what age though.

searching for faith
in the stars of your eyes

I learned English the same time I learned Tagalog - since the first time I could speak. I don't know how in the world I could have differentiated the two, but I did... somehow. I'm more familiar with English now, however, as the schools I've attended required a thorough understanding of the language.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

Around 9, 10 I started.. ..but I have not learned it so well^^

when I was about a year old

Signature Image

lets see i came to america like when i was three or four years old so i don't know...

English is my native tongue but I am learning how to speak and write japanese including romanji

Signature

TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Heresy grows from idleness

I learned English when i was 4 years old,but still i need a lot of practice.

Signature Image
Join us now!@ [url=www.forum.gameland.ru]Gameland[url]

Since as long as I can remember! ...And I mostly hear Cantonese at home!

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.