Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Double Posting - Minitokyo

Double Posting

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

I did a couple of searches to try to find anything related to this, but I wasn't able to. If this has been brought up before, awfully sorry.

Anyway, I've got a suggestion (obviously enough) about double posting (again, quite obvious). I know that allowing the form to show again immediately after posting would certainly encourage double posting, and that's probably not a good thing, as large as these forums are. But I was wondering if it might be possible to allow the form to reappear to the last poster a few weeks later, or some other suitably long period of time? For most changes, etc, certainly editing the post is just as effective; but if the topic has gotten a few weeks old, and nobody else has posted--in other words, if it more or less dies--but the last poster has somthing new to say, if they simply edited the post, the topic would still appear to be dead from the outside. If a double post was allowed after a certain "safe" period of time had gone by, that would remedy the problem. I doubt this is common, and it hasn't happened to me--I've only been here are few weeks, after all. Just thought it might be a convenient "just-in-case" feature. I'm not even sure that a hack like that is even possible, though, so... Whatever, you know? ^^'

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

That isn't too bad of a suggestion. Thus, a thread could be revived in that case. Maybe the mods would give 1 to 2 weeks on it, but that is up to them.

Edit: Celessa has a good point. There must be a reason behind wanting to bring back an older thread (don't say the most obvious reason).

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Interesting - but have you also considered reporting your own post and then requesting to start a newly updated post over again? Don't make it an extreme obsession, of course, you have to give a good reason why.

Just food for thought.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

It's been decided by Sheqel, the administrator. View this thread:

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/14537/

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

Good to know. Thanks for the link! :D

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.