Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do You Procrastinate? - Minitokyo

Do You Procrastinate?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 65 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Alright, it's time we all get down into serious business, here. lol

We all know Procrastination can be a very bad thing, but the funny part about it is, some of us still do it, regardless of knowing if it seems like the right thing to do or not, around here.

So, does anyone push what's supposed to be done to the very last minute, or the very last day? Does anyone else here slack off at school and don't turn in their term reports, essays, or their school projects over, right away?

What do you think about Procrastination? Is it a good thing, or bad thing? Why do you do it, if ever? Give off your comments here. I'll be happy to read over your comments, of course. Take care.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

I do that all the time eventhough I know it is wrong, but I just can't seem to make myself do anything until the pressure is really on. Of course, it does help having been around the education system long enough to know when I can do it and can't. Sometimes it gets really scary that I got so good at it that I would always be at a jam all the time. It is one of the bad habit that I have been trying to kick out, but I guess once you get the bug of Procrastination there is no return. :)

i believe Procrastination is a plauge that gives us excuse so we can do something else, and I don't recommand to anyone because there is always a price to pay for Procrastination. So far I have been lucky, because I somehow always gets the job done in time. But I know one of these days I am so going to get it. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Procrastination is in defenite fact, a bad thing. In some cases, it has been proven to be helpful. I for one, actually manipulate procrastination because I believe it gives me a sense of mind jump. For example, it's like drinking a liquid with large amounts of doses of caffeine. Gets anyone jumpy, huh? That's pretty much how my positive view of procrastination is. As for the bad part about it, some people begin to stress out and lose their minds because of the short time. That's all I have to say.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

lol Mordin - actually I've been doing that often too - and sometimes, it results to getting bad grades in school. I'm lucky as well, since I'm still doing great - but I sensed that if I keep doing that, being lazy and all practically, that I'm going to be jumping over a huge hurdle some time down in the future that could really sting me at the end - so I might as well start now than never.

Procrastination itself is an easier choice for me because that gives me the option of doing nothing at all, pretty much. lol

So I am more tempted to just sit around and play games all day, dance in the arcades, or read a book when I'm supposed to be studying. That's just me pretty much - lol. Not enough entertainment in my part, unless I push things away and do something else about it here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I'm procrastinating right now. I should be doing something (laundry, dishes, maybe something else). Instead, I'm sitting here.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I tend to procrastinate, but I don't procrastinate as often as I used to. I am becoming more punctual, and I'm getting my things done on time.

After all, I'm in college. If I want something, I have to go get it and not let any opportunities pass me by. Some opportunities are once in a lifetime, so I have to take full advantage of what I am able to achieve now. Otherwise, someone else will get it.

Besides, procrastinating studying for an exam isn't the way to go in college. You need to study at least 1 to 2 weeks in advance. If you wait to the last day, your brain will try to process the information, but it will be difficult because you didn't allow it time to process pieces of information.

So, yeah, I'm not procrastinating as much. Thanks for asking, Celessa. ;)

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

The sad reality. I procrastinate even though I don't want to. It's like being addicted to a drug. I know it's bad for me, but I can't (or at least think I can't ^_^' ) do anything about it. But I'm sure *one day* I'll be able to get rid of this bad habit.

i procrastinate all the time, i leave everything to the last minute, in fact, right now i should be studying for a midterm that i have in two days, that's worth 20% of my final mark, but i don't feel like doing it right now.
the fact that i already have a half decently high mark and don't have any incentive to study a great deal doesn't help the matter either ^_^'

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by djhenryi procrastinate all the time, i leave everything to the last minute, in
fact, right now i should be studying for a midterm that i have in two
days, that's worth 20% of my final mark, but i don't feel like doing it
right now. the fact that i already have a half decently high mark and
don't have any incentive to study a great deal doesn't help the matter
either ^_^'

lol - hey, same thing here actually.

I was going to pull an all nighter and study 5 hours before the mid-term exams.

Then I went ahead and did so - but then I felt all tried and took a 1 hour nap. It ended up me taking a 3 hour name and I woke up 40 minutes before the midterm exams began. I was frantically studying and cramming it all in, and when I went to that room - it is either something or nothing. I ended up acing the midterms. I'm like wow - 40 minutes to put 2 months worth of studies into the bowl. Thank goodness for lectures. lol - Lucky me.

I know exactly how you feel. This just happened yesterday, apparently - during the week-end.

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... no, not really any procrastinating done here.... i'm usually the type who tries to do everything in advance coz' i like to get it over with fast... ok, this semester, it's not working so well coz' i take more classes than i should and they all give me more work than i expected... plus i'm not feeling so well lately... but as you said : c'est la vie.... and by a few weeks, i should be back on my usual schedule, that is: 1 to 2 weeks in advance in almost all my classes.... :D at least, i hope...
and no, i don't think procrastination is a good thing, even though sometimes it can be more fun than working lolll

I'll have to get back to you on that...

I did that too djhenry, got 98 -94% on all 9 of my classes. XD

Quote by CelessaI'm lucky as well, since I'm still doing great - but I sensed that if I keep doing that, being lazy and all practically, that I'm going to be jumping over a huge hurdle some time down in the future that could really sting me at the end - so I might as well start now than never.

Ahh.. ^_^' Actually, that may be truer than you know. *feels like a nag*

I procrastinate a lot... guh. Erm. Was doing my last year of high school last year, and unforunately, that didn't change. I suppose it was... fun. Working under pressure makes things interesting, in a way. Though if my heart had been any weaker (it's not strong in the first place :nya:), I would have died on three separate occasions (as it was, I passed out once). ^_^' Left studying for all my final exams 'til the night or two before... luckily I was able to wing most.

But the bit that came back to burn was my Graphics folio. I very nearly didn't finish it (it's a semester project that I left [natrually] 'til the last minute. :sweat: <-worked 15-hours straight through from after school the day before just to get it complete). In the end, my cramming showed and I know I didn't do a good job. When the folio got shortlisted for an exhibition (a yearly thing.. shows stuff from around the state) and didn't get through, I could practically taste the regret for not working harder on it. -_-

So! This year.. well, it's not a new years' resolution per se... since there are just too many excuses to break those. XD Heheh~ but usually, something has to sting me twice before I get the picture and don't do it again. Those stings happened in Graphics both semesters last year. Though yr12 wasn't an ideal time to cram in two ouchies... but people who work at the last minute die hard 'til the very end, ne? XD *resolves to work hard from now on*cough*
___

[edit] Whoa... o_0 Long post! Sorry about that. ^_^'

I do that lot :) I just can help myself but i do my best work till it is the last day :)
Like today :) i just finish a paper that i need to do for class :)
I just can't help myself to do this :)
i really like doing things under the last second :)

I procrastinate a lot. It just feels so good to not do anything. ;)

Signature Image

I procrastinate a little too much >_<; I'm trying to get better about it, but, eh, my work still gets done.

Yeah, same here. I procrastinate too much. Even when I should be studying I'm on IRC or chatting of the sorts. Not until the very last minute do I do homework, or study for tests. Blah...the habit is bad, truthfully, it may never go away at all. >.<

I ll be procrastinating and my friends will tell me to stop lol its funny but yes i do procrastinate.

"A loveless life is a living death."
"EyEs iN My TeEtH I Can'T sEE CaUsE i'M EaTInG"
"And All The Fears You Hold So Dear,Will Turn To Whisper In Your Ear..."

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Im an artist and yeah i kinda get spaced out or stoned in my knockers when it comes to academic studies but i do wonders in my art but even that makes me procrastinate but i do well when in the last minute but as you question goes Procrastination is good sometimes when your in the stressful kind of lifestyle and you need to let loose for a while but doing too much of it can make ones mind lazy and inept to do anything that would make his or her day worthwhile or effecient.

I do it because i want to be happy with life and believe that theres a better place than here on earth...and not be shackled by the bonmds and chains that make us slaves to our own belief and understanding with the world around us. But i need to focus more sometimes... >_<

destati

Yuusha-Oh

I procrastinate like there's honor in it.

SealedSorrow

SealedSorrow

Happiness

I hardly ever do it... Only if I forget or when I am stressed out or emotionally hurt... One of my friends nearly always does it... And when he gets found he like does it for a few weeks then stops again... If you know him and sees him in real life its really funny!!! Ok I am getting off-topic here...

Wont you let me see what Real Happiness Trully is...
Because if this is Happiness then I want more...
I know its selfish...
But have you ever felt so much Pain...
When will you understand that the why sun dont shine through my window...
And when will you understand that I am not really what I seem...
And When will you understand I been Wishing for you to be Happy Forever...

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by CelessaThen I went ahead and did so - but then I felt all tried and took a 1 hour nap. It ended up me taking a 3 hour name and I woke up 40 minutes before the midterm exams began. I was frantically studying and cramming it all in, and when I went to that room - it is either something or nothing. I ended up acing the midterms. I'm like wow - 40 minutes to put 2 months worth of studies into the bowl. Thank goodness for lectures. lol - Lucky me.

Now that is a classic scene, lol, I remember those cramming before exam in college, boy it sucks to learn the whole history of Roman Empire in one day. :) I see celess, you are a veteran in this, hope you don't have to deal with that again. :) Right now, the classes that I am taking can't be cram, because the failure rate is 80%, and they kick you out if you don't deliver. I have better get my act together soon.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

otaku4eva

otaku4eva

B.O.W

ye si tend to, sometimes i just can't make up my mind. even on trivial thing - and particularily assinments

Summoner

Lotosypherine

Nope,not when it's important to me or to the one I'm obliged.If I happen to do so then I try to at least bring it just on time.

n>1

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 65 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.