Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 wallpaper junk - Minitokyo

wallpaper junk

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Mew

Mew

sweet girl

-sighs- touchy subject. But you have to know mostly it is because they have friends that veiw it and like it, not only there fault just they have lots of friends more veiws more peoplet hat like it. not to be mean aishi but hehee you complaine a bit to much on something that shouldnt even truly matter. its kinda dumb... sorry but thats me hahahah ok ganan go back to pixel now.

Signature Image

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Well,I agree with some of what you're saying.People shouldn't fav a wall becasue it's a friend on their list, nor should an artist just submit walls to just to gain lvls.People should fav the work for the qualitiy of it and the artist should submit there work for sheer enjoyment.With that said,I think most people here do alitle bit of both.I honestly believe that most of the work that ends up in the top favs are quite good and deserve to be up there.The people who do fav artists' work do it out of appreciation like Calisquo said,or if it's something they really like or catches their interest.Most of the comments that I have seen-including my own-are honest for the most part, therefore giving the reason for the pieces to be fav'd.Not everyone does that,they will simply download the wall.In short,there's not much to see how or to tell if a wall-or any other work-and it's artist deserve the credits given to them considering that the people who comment and fav them are friends or not,let alone being truthful about the them.But if a work is really good and it does appeal to the people who see it,then there's not much to be upset about or to prevent it from happening if thgere is some foulplay.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

bel seems to have best point ever, it's true .
You should not worry about the favs.

Awesome statement ther bel

Quote by belmikryyou shouldn't be submitting your art here for an
ego boost- it should be to develop, create, educate and grow.

I never would've said it better myself, Bel-san! XD Favs mean jack squat to meimo! I just do my walls for practice to see if I can excel my skills to make those professional wallies made by Asahi, crapmonster, OracleAngel, white-zero, and other underatted MT wallers! :)

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

lol. "Suck-up-to-me and I-suck-up-to-you". XD Great one.

Anywho...

It's true that the top faved walls are usually made by ppl with over 200 friends. o.o

Very interesting points there, Asahi.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

I understand your frustration.... That Kimi ga Nozomu Eien one on the front page ( http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/84362/ ) has made me so iritated because all that the waller did was recreate the scan's bg, and that's it. Nothing added on top, no work on the characters, no colour adjustment, hell, the recreation even looks plastic and has no texture. It has 108 favourites.... and what do you know... Devilet has 192 Friends on MT...

Most MT members think that adding someone to your friends list means that you are now friends with that person. In a way, that's both right and wrong. Yes you can add friends to your Freind list, but it's mainly there so you get notifications when they create something new. So if you like someone's walls, add them to your friend's list to always know when they add something new to MT.

Though the biggest problem with the friend thing is that when some one friend's somone, they have the impulse to fave everything that persone does. Even if it's crap. Also, there's the impulse to add someone to one's friend list if they are added to said persons list. So a n00b will randomly pick about 50 people, spam something crap and get around 50 faves like that.

This iritates me the most because most the walls in the front page are crap, and I know I do a hell of a lot better job than them. The only reason why my walls don't get that much attention is because I play honest and don't spam myself on a random n00b's Friend list to become popular.

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

>_<; I agree that there r lots of junk wallpapers >__<; but u shouldn't worry bout the fav, Asahi!

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

I agree some things that end up in todays favorites are..ehhh but i believe that if you really enjoy making wallpapers it shouldent matter if you get 2 or 200 favs. For me the best thing is the idea that someone would use one of my walls on their desktops and that is enough for me, cause isnt that whats its all about in the end? bah...bel said it best

Quote by belmikryyou shouldn't be submitting your art here for an ego boost- it should be to develop, create, educate and grow.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Everyone here has a valid point. People should be creating these things for the sheer enjoyment of it. That's kinda why (i presume) this community was built. That's why fansubbers do what they do. For the love...the love baby! Anyway, I also agree that sometimes you want to show appreciation to people for their hard work (even though it might not be the best). We all associate a different meaning to the button "favorite". There really is nothing we can do. I'm not agreeing with faving a wall just so that person will fav you in return...but i can understand.

It's like high school all over again. Some people have tons of friends and as long as every one of their friends favs them, they level up. That's life, it won't change. The presidential election is the same way and they are 40-50 something years old!! Point is that we just have to take the bad with the good about our rating system and hope those good wallers out there that haven't been found keep walling so that one day we may be present with their talent.

**Side note: I fav some walls that may not be "great" since favs works like a book mark. They may have a technique, color, comment or something that I may find useful so I go back to that one. That, and because I feel that some people deserve it.

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

This seems to all stem from one thing. People get upset because their walls aren't featured, when they see others that they "think" are not as good, get featured. That's fine... I've felt the same way myself. When people spend hours upon hours on a work, sit back and look at it with pride and then post it... of course they want it to be featured and "recognized" by their peers. Who wouldn't? And yes... it is important to them. Try working in a job, working your ass off and watching everyone else around you get promoted and recognized. Guarantee you'll be miserable. But a little recognition goes a long way.

Part of the reason this problem exists is because a posted work will often be on the main page for all of an hour before it gets swept off due to the often shitty-eseque pieces of work people post in attempts to gain levels. It would be nice if new posts could stay on the main page for a few hours longer... but what can be done to fix it? Rather than simply rant about it, make some suggestions.... I've already made mine regarding this a while back.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

That pretty much hit it somewhere on the nose DParagon. I know i've felt that way...especially at work. Even at school!! It's funny (not really) because sometimes I will logon wanting to see a new wall. I check one out then go back to the main page and all the ones I wanted to see have been pushed back. There should be something to keep the most recent ones up longer. Maybe make the initial page only walls that were submitted that day? I don't really know. Anyone else have suggestions?

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

I don't fav walls that I don't like.^^;; Even if they're submissions of those in my friendlist.^_^ And I fav walls only depending on their quality.^_^ I don't ask people to fav on my wallpapers but I would rather want them to comment so that my next walls will improve.

Signature

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.