Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Good places to store mp3's - Minitokyo

Good places to store mp3's

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Does anybody know of any good places to store your mp3's for free? I tried angelfire, but they deactivated my acccount. The said I can't use a free site just to store mp3's!! So are there any good places like photobucket for mp3's?

Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Other than free hosting, I can't think of any good places. There are some people who offer free hosting, that you can do anything with, but they are hard to find. I'll have a look as I've seen some and I'll get back to you if I do :) .
If you only need them to be there for a short while, then YouSendIt.com is a good idea.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by Aa-chanOther than free hosting, I can't think of any good places. There are
some people who offer free hosting, that you can do anything with, but
they are hard to find. I'll have a look as I've seen some and I'll get
back to you if I do :) .
If you only need them to be there for a short while, then YouSendIt.com
is a good idea.

lol - there goes the YouSendIt idea again.

Tough luck that it only has a reasonable count of 25 downloads or of course, 7 days of waiting.

Hosting MP3's? None that I can come up with, actually.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Have you considered hosting them yourself? I know this is extreme, but it's easy to do and badnwidth limiters can make sure you don't get completly ravaged when it comes to your speeds. Just a thought :) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I tryed that with my yahoo briefcase, but the link always changes. I have to keep pasting in the new one all the time!!

Signature

Just to store? Then email the songs to yourself. Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail has good amount of storage space. Though the uploading process might be slow.

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

I found burning them helps you know... DVDs being the best pic.

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

most hosting don't allow storing mp3, you may try zipping it and rename the files first.

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

damn, another double post...sorry everyone.
please delete this msg.

maybe a CD or mp3 player...

those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by KatzbalgerI found burning them helps you know... DVDs being the best pic.

Its for my guestbook and group pages.

Signature

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Miroku, do you need them for streaming?
Well just to make it simple, there's nothing else to go for except for free hosting.
You've just gotta register for a free web host and upload your files there. I've been thinking of that too.
But for now I just went for Ripway Online File Storage.
This free account version isn't really designed for excessive data transfer, thus it only permits 10MB transfer for every 24 hours, and it has a capacity of 30MB.
I've been using this for my group pages. ^_^
But if you want to stream your music/MP3 for everyone who enters your userpage and/or group pages, then I recommend going for another free web host.
Free Web-hosts directory

Summoner

Lotosypherine

Get an FTP on?

n>1

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

your best bet would be to get a second HD in your PC if posible I have about 4 One used for different file formats that I use, like Images, MP3s, OGM, and EXE stuff this will save space on your primariy HD

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

That really depends on what you wan to do with them. For local storage, a hard drive is unbeatable. For portability an mp3 player or USB flash drive is nice. You can also use DVDRs if you need more space.

As I recall there used to be several online music storage places. The idea being that you upload your music to them and you can stream it back (but probably never download the files). However, I don't know what ever happened to them. The RIAA probably smoked them long ago.

Signature Image

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Thanks guys, I do have Back up hard drives, two actually. I was looking to store mp3's online just for my guestbook!!

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by Aa-chanHave you considered hosting them yourself? I know this is extreme, but
it's easy to do and badnwidth limiters can make sure you don't get
completly ravaged when it comes to your speeds. Just a thought :) .

lol Aa-chan, my friend runs her own web-server, and she says its easy to host up your own music storage file by hooking up a different computer on the internet itself, then using the hard drive mainly for the bandwidth of course. $40 a year should do the ticket here - she even let me use her own extra computer for these kinds of purposes - let's me upload music at 330 kbps, with a 150 GB bandwidth transfer ever month. Not too shabby, I know. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

Quote by Miroku4444Thanks guys, I do have Back up hard drives, two actually. I was looking to store mp3's online just for my guestbook!!

you would have a better chance doing midi's or something like that. MP3s for a site can suck up major bandwidth

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Quote by DarkAeon

Quote by Miroku4444Thanks guys, I do have Back up hard drives, two
actually. I was looking to store mp3's online just for my
guestbook!!

you would have a better chance doing midi's or
something like that. MP3s for a site can suck up major bandwidth

Not to mention that's just baiting the RIAA and similar organizations.

Signature Image

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

Get a server that is cheap is good enough.

Signature

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

I think you're gonna have to setup your own webserver. You'll need a dynamic DNS service (www.no-ip.com is a very good one) and a webserver program like Apache. Yes, there IS Apache for Windows.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.