Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Stop ban against anime - Minitokyo

Stop ban against anime

page 1 of 1 17 total items

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Ok,I got this link from my friend in my email today:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ProAnime/
Apparently,there are some nutjobs here in the states that are proclaiming anime is evil and that it's corrupting the youht here,and now they want to ban it.Seriously,are these people for real? At any rate,it seems legit, so I went and signed it.I don't know what ot make of all of this,but it can't be good.All who care-which I going to guess is most of you-sign this sucker before my country tries to pin blame on another form of entertainment yet again.
P.S.I doubt they would since it conflicts with quite a few of the admendants in the constitution,but can't be too sure.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

whoa.. thats weird... lucky for us people even the old guys luv aime here in our country.......

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

If, and only if this is true,

Quote by GintheTwilightswordsOk,I got this link from my friend in my email today:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ProAnime/
Apparently,there are some nutjobs here in the states that are
proclaiming anime is evil and that it's corrupting the youht here,and
now they want to ban it.Seriously,are these people for real?

Oh lord. Honestly, get a life people. That's right, anime's corrupting your youth. Never mind the fact that you let them go to parties that are bursting with alcohol and drugs, and then are naive enough to believe that they don't do any of the drug use/alcohol consumption/underage sex. That's right, blame it on foreign cartoons instead of your shitty parenting. Stupid asses XD
That's the lamest, most childish thing I've ever heard.

Quote: All who care -which I going to guess is most of you- sign this sucker before my country tries to pin blame on another form of entertainment yet again.

Because the X-box killed that woman's son, not the other kid's lunacy. XD

Quote by hopelessly stupid articleSome people are signing against anime and are calling is to be a "perverse, evil, insiduous form of animation from the dark land of Japan, and is corrupting America's youth at unprecedented rates."

...The "dark land of Japan"? XD This whole thing is just an excuse for these people to openly admit to their racism, isn't it?

i agree zephiris... people blame everything else but themselves for the problems in society............

Those people aren't even worth mentioning in a thread. Despise them all, that's just so discriminating and immature.

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

I think I heard about this in a diffrent thread. But I'm not American, so I don't know if I can sign it or not. Note me if people from outside U.S. can sign it. If they can, you got my signature under it!

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

I understand how all you feel.It's stupid,it's immature,it's discrminating,and it's a whole bunch of other stuff that's going to lead to me cussing in a sec.I don't know why,but some people,especially in my culture,are always trying to find something to use as a scapegoat to justify their actions on banning somehting,using force against something,or any othwer drastic measure.And I agree with ya Zephi,these people are stupidasses and need to get a life.Oh,a nd here's alittle quote for all of you:
I wish stupidity were a fatal disease.We'd never have a population problem.

Signature Image

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Ah, for the love of all that is sacred not this again!! This is very old news ppl!! Its been discussed like a million times, the petition is considered a joke!!

Read this from animeonline:

"There are SOME people trying to ban Anime, Just like their are people who are trying to ban Harry Potter, and people trying to ban swear words from broadcast radio and TV, and people trying to ban smoking, and drinking, and smelly food preparation, and trans-fatty fats and hybrid vehicles from car pool lanes and .....

So What.... People have the right to make fools of them selves... You just have to learn to live with it...."

"Petition.com is the largest source of internet hilarity out there. Hours of entertainment.
This rumour of anime being banned is all pish-posh.... there's no way a couple of silly internet petitions will ban something as hugely popular world wide as Anime."

"Roflmao this is fare to funny, anime is always trying to get banned and so are movies if i recall correctly Battle royale wasnt released in the US because of all the high school killings they have over there.

Most of the people that try to ban movies, games and anime are people who know nothing about them like house wifes, lawyers, the elderly and lets not forget religious groups (Sigh)

They tried to ban games like grand theft auto did that happen no. why is that then because the games industry makes more money than the music and film industry combined thats why the government needs there taxes and vat so as fare as games are concerned were not.

Anime banned i am sure there are a few that got banned especiall here in the UK because of a Fashest organisation know as "The british Board Of Film Cerfication" aka the bbfc, they either ban or censore/cut anime badly! this organisation ruins almost everything that gets released here in the UK so im forced to import from either japan or america

As for the religious organisations well if i recall some prist tried to ban condoms because he clained they spread hiv and aids but he had no proof but he said he has faith (Lmao) and i remember someone told me over in america they have a religion about "Spong bob square pants" (i would say this was funny but its just scary)
People still dont realise that religion as a method of controlling sociatly created by the egyptian people years ago....this mislead indevidals should just shut up and stay out of our business.Jan"

"Haha, well even if those rumors are true it would never happen.

They can't ban anime because they believe it induces violent tendencies or what have you. I mean people speak out about the tv shows we watch, and the videogames we play, and the movies that we watch.

Yet despite their uproar we still have them, and they're getting even more sexual and violent. It's mostly the older generations, no offense to those who are older than I, obviously if you're in this forum your against the ban of anime, haha. But it's just people being afraid of change, and so once they become unable to cause such a problem anymore then the younger generations will take over and bring their own values and interests with them. So in the end these talks will be thrown out and anime will become a more popular thing in the u.s., but it will take some time.

And I'm only asuming your in the u.s., but I feel it's a safe assumption, haha."

Hope you know that petition to stop anime is considered a joke here in the united states!! It was started by a small group of religious wierdos!! THat petition was talked about on all of the forums i go to!! All of them said it carrys little of any weight!! Theres always someone making a petition for something!! Everyday ppl here make petitions to ban some tv show they find too revealing or violent, but nothing ever happens!! ppl know there just wierdos!!! Also anime is a booming business in the usa, you think they ban something that helps the economy that much?? ....Nope!!

So to sum up we here in the usa dont take that petition with any validity. Its looked upon as in the same light as someone trying to ban school or work.... lol S

So dont worry guys no ones going to ban anime!!! Normal ppl know theres nothing bad about it!! No more bad than our violent cartoons!!

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

it's interesting to c what people think about jap anime.

Like in here anime such DBZ get censored just because it has some bloody violence, while cartoon like the simpsons that have people get chopped off (itchy & sracthy familar?)
Both shows have children audiences.

It's really funny how bias the decision often made -_-

They do this with whatever kids currently like, from rap to Elvis. Be vigilant, but don't sweat it.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

i say we all chip in and buy them a a copy of WordsWorth or some other hentai, these freakin zealots have nothing better to do except whine and complain how bad anime is. :( moow

top quote KMDFM "Kill Everything" including these assholes. :angry:

runic

meep

oh no that doesnt sound good, australia doesnt get enough anime as it is. were limitied when it comes to anime and have to mostly import it from the u.s.a. as for banning it too many ppl have a interest in it so i dont think it will get banned

hell i sell anime (at my shop) to a lot of adults more then children.

Signature

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

You guys are taking it too seriously. ppl will try to ban anything!! Ut-oh watchout MT, we might be next!!! :D :D XD XD

Signature

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Hey Miroku,that's why I stated at the bottom that I dobt they would do something like that,but I guess it's good to see the memebers here will call to arms when and if something dumb like this goes down ^_^' .

Signature Image

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

Quote by Miroku4444You guys are taking it too seriously. ppl will try to ban anything!! Ut-oh watchout MT, we might be next!!! :D :D XD XD

...umm that's NOT very funny, but indeed true. Still, I heard this not only from MT but quite a few other places and this just may be more serious than we think. On the other hand, it might not be. Anyways, I really hope it isn't serious, but the petitions aren't really working there. I don't really think ppl who want to enforce a law go around checking petitions o the net >.<, nor do they care...

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by zephiris26Oh lord. Honestly, get a life people. That's right, anime's corrupting your youth. Never mind the fact that you let them go to parties that are bursting with alcohol and drugs, and then are naive enough to believe that they don't do any of the drug use/alcohol consumption/underage sex. That's right, blame it on foreign cartoons instead of your shitty parenting. Stupid asses XD
That's the lamest, most childish thing I've ever heard.

Instead of banning cartoons, why don't they ban alcohol? Why don't they ban weed? No, they have to try to ban something that was given to us as a gift. People of America wouldn't have even known this website if anime didn't exist here. Sometimes, people are so judgmental. For crying out loud, anime is the only thing I watch on Cartoon Network, let alone all of TV. If I lose the privilege to watch anime, I will throw my TV out the window and call it a year! >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

yeah, i only watch anime also (not in the TV). The other cartoons are a serious huge crap for me. This is probably a measure to stop the grow of anime.

Films have more violence, in USA you sell weapons, drugs, alcohol, and other bad things. Why ban anime when anime is creativity and a lot of people enjoy with it?

As a note from a spaniard, in my country anime was banned. In the tv, and in the pay channels we only watch old anime series and a lot of crappy cartoons like "ruggrats" and similars (dragon ball is still in our programming XD). All the channels refuse to licence an anime serie. Now, with the results of poor audience of the cartoons, some pay channels have opted to licence some animes i have already watched via fansub. At least is a nice step, if they have audience they will licence more animes.

My country have a tv exclusively for paparazzi programs, reality shows (big brothers and similars), etc.

too bad, all the anime i watch is from fansub. This should not happen in the USA.

regards

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.