Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you protective of your computer? - Minitokyo

Are you protective of your computer?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

I notice whenever someone wants to use my laptop I really have a problem letting them... and if I do I'm wanting to pick them up and throw them out the door lol. And that's just my laptop; my desktop is completely off-limits except for my good freinds. Maybe it's because I've done so much work on these things, building my desktop and what not, but does anyone else get like that?

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

I understand....I too once had an off limits computer, now I've relaxed a bunch and let people use it....still irks me though.

I completely understand. nobody, and I mean NObody touches my computer. At most they can stand next to me and watch. :nya:

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

My computer is a family one unfortunately, however i keep all my data and work stored on an external hard-drive which is off limits to everyone without my strict supervision. I find that with the family use computer that i hate for anyone else to use it. My little brother goes on the net and screws round in all sorts of things, including restricted sites (ya get it) picking up viruses and cluttering the disc space with crap, slowing the computer. everytime anyone else uses the computer and i go on after them i usually end up having to restart it, i'm assuming because of user switching problems.
No matter who it is if someone else uses the computer they stuff it up.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

Well...sorta I guess I am overprotective..actually I think I'm not OVERprotective, just protective. I don't like it when people do stuff on my computer.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

Asakura-Hao

Asakura-Hao

Seraphim of Cruxis

I guess I'm a little overprotective of my computer. <<;;
Mostly only to my cousins and to my little brother..Cause then they just go and totally mess up my computer and ruin my stuff. xP

Signature

i feel for you. i'm the same way. unfortunately my cousins kids got a hold of it and spilled soda on it. *sigh* it's gone now and i am attempting to save money for a new one. i'm so bored without it. -_-

Signature Image

* : )

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

yup im really overprotective of my computer. nobody except [not inclusing me of course] my mom and sister have used it, once. i never eat or drink near it. heck when i leave my apartment i manually lock it and use encrypted password protection. although i download mega amounts of data i keep it locked down as much as possible.

Keitaro08

Keitaro08

Always o_Oing

The troubles are that I never have "standard" things, so, when s.o. wants to use my compie, I always have to be close to give tips ^_^' ...

Moreover, I don't like to lend my laptop, bkuz it's old, and I prefer breaking it myself rather than it being broken...

For the desktop, I don't really care, anyway, I have no critical data ;) !

o_O Il en existe toujours. Des choses plus importantes que nous-memes et nos reves O_o

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty protective of my comp I had some bad breakdowns in the past so I'm conserned of anything happening to my new pc luckily I'm he only one who needs to use it :D

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

A friend of mine once loaned his laptop to someone cause they needed to type a paper. It was returned later with pr0n on it.

He never loaned his laptop to this guy again, needless to say.

As for me, well, I have the hard drives and the DVD burner sitting outside the computer, connected only by the IDE and power cables. I'm too lazy to put it back together, and I keep threatening to roll over it with my rolling chair.

So much for being protective of my comp. I'm having a hard time protecting it from ME.

I'm totally protective of me computer, It drives me up the wall when someone asks to use it. I'd rather fix the family desktop than offer up my laptop. But then- I guess it comes from having a bad experience with letting people use it before. Not only do I find it an invasion of privacy with all the questions of what this and that is, but my siblings detroyed my other laptop. The monitor was literally in pieces.

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

I thought i was protective, but not to the extent that its off limits to people, I mean i love my comp, ive put so much time n money into it, but i guess im a pretty trusting guy.. just hope that it doesnt come n bite me in th @ss someday

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

I don't like other people using my desktop, but I don't mind people using the laptop because it's not really mine, I'm just the one who uses it the most. My desktop is off-limits to everyone but my dad and good friends I trust with machines.

"The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

No one touches my baby but me!

*hugs her desktop and hisses at people*

Whosoever hath this Stone, may live in a healthful state, to the last term of his Life, appointed to him by God, and may have all whatsoever he desires on Earth. -- A Work of Saturn; Johann Isaac Hollandus

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

People can use mine but only if I'm there to see what they're doing. I won't let anyone use it if I'm not in the room. So yeah I'm pretty protective lol.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

I got a pretty good firewall and anti-virus system, so my friends can use my pc as much as they like. iIuse theirs all the time, so it's only fair if I return the favor.

Be Free and Masturbate

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

I use Linux so I don't need to be overprotective. Nobody but me can do any damage to it, and all my personal files are writable only by me.

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

Heh, heh - glad to see I'm not the only one. When my last computer broke a while ago I kinda got really mad and drank too much... oops. =S

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

I'm only protective against spyware, adware, and viruses. I don't want any spammers or other jerks ruin my computer's functions. I have tons of pictures and music and I don't want anything to happen to them. But other than that, I'll let my friends use it.

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

I'm not all that protective when it comes to my computer...
But seriously, you stay away from my pc...

Yup I'm definetly protective of my computer, No one touches it...

I don't care who it is but if they mess with it I will beat them to a bloody pulp.
I give them fair warning too, No one is allowed to touch this comp I'll let you use my other ones but this comp is not to be used by anyone but me!

I also do tell them I would go bizerk if anything happens to my comp.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

I used to let other use my computer, they never do any more. It drives them crazy that I can track down where they've been with it. They are pretty computer illiterate, (I'm only spelling impaired)

But that suits me just fine, now my computer can have a rest when I'm not home.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I don't like other people using my computer because...well, I don't know why, it's just a thing I have a problem with.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.