Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sometimes doing a kind deed is NOT worth the trouble.. - Minitokyo

Sometimes doing a kind deed is NOT worth the trouble..

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

i came across this story on yahoo. basically two high school girls in CO. baked cookies for their neighbors and ended being taken to court and being sued. ah the justice system at work. CLICK HERE

Nice guys/girls always finish last...

-Never love anything, for it will be taken away-
-Death is not the end of life, contrarily it is the beginning of it-
-I do not care so much that they respect me, only that they fear me-
-Happily-ever-after is a lie-

animeallen

animeallen

Riyoku-kun

Well they're just unlucky... very unlucky...

Signature
[ Gundam Seed-Angels | Tamaki Nami FC | Asian-Pride | Love Hina FC | Ecchi Club ]
[ Otaku GFX - Graphic site for otakus! | Shiro's Animax Musix - Download anime music here! ]

this kinda stuff happens a lot. People w/ good intentions end up being screwed over...

Be Free and Masturbate

Keito

Creator of Words

@.@ the american judicial system . . . you guys don't know how to judge at all lol...
I can't believe a judge ordered in favor of a hypocondriac. That's just reckless and stupid. Imagine the girl's surprise? If I ever met that 'Young' lady, I'd probably beat on her and give her a real reason to have a heart attack. Then of course I'd run back to Australia because you guys would probably sentance me to death... >.>...

~ w o r d s o f w i s d o m ~
Question authority. Question yourself. Question your own sanity.
If you question these things, you will never go wrong.
If your right, you'll never fear the wrong.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by Keito@.@ the american judicial system . . . you guys don't know how to judge at all lol...
I can't believe a judge ordered in favor of a hypocondriac. That's just reckless and stupid. Imagine the girl's surprise? If I ever met that 'Young' lady, I'd probably beat on her and give her a real reason to have a heart attack. Then of course I'd run back to Australia because you guys would probably sentance me to death... >.>...

not if i was the judge. ;) :pacman: XP

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

Lol that was a funny article, good find dream ^^
This is why I'm proud to be an american *sarcasm*

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

gkff

gkff

he's f**king hot.

the judge's kinda right, if miss Young had a heart attack (or whatever) and she had to go to the hospital she isn't the one who should pay the medical costs with all the respect and sorrow.

Signature Image
[the shounen-ai couple from Psychic Force if anyone interested <3 ]

My wife and I were really ticked off about this. The old lady should get a grip. If people knock on my door late at night, I don't answer the door. No big deal. If I were the judge I'd have dismissed the lawsuit, with costs assessed to the old lady. Teach her right.

I hate the climate of fear that America fosters, and the immediate filing of a lawsuit over everything.

ejwcobra

ejwcobra

Master Hacker

Ok, let me explain something. there are three "species" of americans:
The first are your extraordinary people like olympic athletes, science geniuses, and etc
The second are average americans like those girls and make up most of the population
The third group, however, is the very stupid and/or paranoid people, like the lady that sued McDonalds because she spilled coffee on herself. However, sadly this group often seems to get the most attention. ^_^'

Think deeply of simple things.

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

Quote by Keito@.@ the american judicial system . . . you guys don't know how to judge at all lol...
I can't believe a judge ordered in favor of a hypocondriac. That's just reckless and stupid. Imagine the girl's surprise? If I ever met that 'Young' lady, I'd probably beat on her and give her a real reason to have a heart attack. Then of course I'd run back to Australia because you guys would probably sentance me to death... &gt;.&gt;...

Its because people are afraid, these days, a lot of people dont trust anyone. Its not that our judicial system sucks *although a lot of times it does, but hey, why complain?* its just that really no one trust one another anymore. It isn't the perfect world that people seem to try and make it out to be. What if someone ate the cookies and they were poisned? Or some-sort of cookie bomb *ok, maybe not that ^^;;;* was there??? Its sad to see what we have come down to, but its the truth.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

That's so stupid. I feel bad for the lady that she freaked out but ANYTHING could have caused her to freak out even if it wasn't a knock on the door that scared her.

God forbid people being nice in this country . . . ~_~

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

All I see here is greed here for knowing what she does now... that all intention was good she shouldn't even filed a lawsuit. Plus the fact that she left in the morning and not that very night goes to show that she is in it for the money. I'm begining to hate this world more and more as each day goes by. I say, to hell with the old lady and just die already.

I'm temporary out of order at the moment, so don't mind me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Hold on?! 10:30 PM is too late for a 17 and an 18 year old girl to be out? What the? This ain't curfew night for young adults - sheesh! Get a grip, Judge Baka. Stupid orders. X_x

Seems like the verdict is in - I think I'll pass the cookies to somebody else. Shame! Shame! **Tosses cookies at the old lady's house** This is for getting scared over someone knocking on your door, which I think is very typical for a lot of peeps from time to time.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by CelessaHold on?! 10:30 PM is too late for a 17 and an 18 year old girl to be out? What the? Get a grip, Judge Baka. Stupid orders. X_x
Seems like the verdict is in - I think I'll pass the cookies to somebody else. Shame! Shame! **Tosses cookies at the old lady's house** This is for getting scared over someone knowing your door, which I think is very typical for a lot of peeps from time to time.

'

haha Cel, Judge Baka. :)
forget tossing cookies at that woman's house; we should toss a few lit Molotov Cocktails.
really this is one crazy world. :( >=0!!

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

geez... aren't I glad to be residing in this particular state? now it seems to me that anyone will sue anybody over anything.. [sigh] if i was that judge i would have laughed in her face and told her that she should really be spending time with a therapist, thinking that cookies are evil to be on your doorstep. How awful is this world? even if i was skeptic of these cookies, I would have just been happy and not eat them- assuming whomever made them meant well... oi.... thanks for sharing dream, i honestly don't know what this world is coming to.... see? free health care is a good thing- than you wouldn't be sueing everyone over a nice deed, because you don't want to pay the medical bill... oh how i miss canada for that 0_o..

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

Lol that weak. Ans really stupid. Yeey for the justice system.

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

Bloodlust

Bloodlust

DAMN medical service are so expensive in USA, and thats pretty sad for those two well-intended young girls

Signature

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

That is the biggest pile of steaming crap I've ever seen. Ugh!

However, I did hear that a local radio station ran a drive to cover the girl's fine and court costs and made easily double that amount very quickly. Which proves that a lot of people find that ruling as stupid too. That makes me feel a *tad* better about humanity.

Whosoever hath this Stone, may live in a healthful state, to the last term of his Life, appointed to him by God, and may have all whatsoever he desires on Earth. -- A Work of Saturn; Johann Isaac Hollandus

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

Call me naive but I'd still rather be doing kind deeds even if there may be consequences.
Those girls were just unlucky, I feel bad for them :/

what the............
geez...
they're so unlucky-.-
actually this is the first time i heard this kind of thing...
all i could say is...man they're so unlucky!

wintersrain

wintersrain

The Little Fool

Oh lovely american logic! Makes you want to laugh...yet cry at the same time....they aren't kidding when they say "Justice is blind" ne?

</3 always, Ashie
Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by belmikryfree health care is a good thing- than you wouldn't be sueing
everyone over a nice deed, because you don't want to pay the medical
bill... oh how i miss canada for that 0_o..

ROFL bel - Amen to that one. ^_^

Quote by DREAM

Quote by CelessaHold on?! 10:30 PM is too late for a 17 and an 18 year
old girl to be out? What the? Get a grip, Judge Baka. Stupid orders.
X_x
Seems like the verdict is in - I think I'll pass the cookies to
somebody else. Shame! Shame! **Tosses cookies at the old lady's house**
This is for getting scared over someone knowing your door, which I
think is very typical for a lot of peeps from time to time.

'
haha Cel, Judge Baka. :)
forget tossing cookies at that woman's house; we should toss a few lit
Molotov Cocktails.
really this is one crazy world. :( >=0!!

Sure, whatever floats my boat - ROFL

While tossing down some of those cocktails, would you mind me lighting the house on fire? I heard alcohol is a toxic-killing substance that easily is flammable and makes pain spreads like wildfire, so we can give her a slow and agonizing death. Mwahaha.

**Loads her flamethrower and toasts the living heck out of her home** She's not home, but she'll be homeless by the time she gets back.

We shall pwn'z the old lady. lol - Oh, and bring your DarkMaiden to videotape this one, it'll be a classic for us all to watch down the MT Lounge. Miketo can narrate the story while we edit the movie scenes out - uncensored, uncut, and unseen footage, that'll be on stores before you know it! It'll be called "Eat Your Cookies or Just Shove It, Lady." No offense - Mwahaha. **Hides into the bushes**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

I'm just going to sit back, cross my arms, and mutter 'i told you so' to all the people who ignored me when i said the american judicial system needs some major fixing.

void rant()
{
I'm curious to know what goes through a judge's head as they make a ruling. Do they think of themselves as gods? seriously? who the hell do they think they are? It's one thing when a jury decides that somebody did something wrong, but when it's just one person, and they assign ludicrous punishments like that because "oh dear heavens it was awefully late for those girls to be outside, because i've never seen the clock go past 7:00 PM, and 10:30 is just- oh lordy lordy!", that's plain ridiculous.
} /*end rant*/

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.