Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mac: Crash Different - Minitokyo

Mac: Crash Different

page 1 of 1 17 total items

http://esto.ton.tut.fi/delta/tmp/dont_buy_mac_DivX.avi
Size: 3.4MB

Whee, funny video made sometime last year.
If you've seen this before, you know what I'm talkin bout. n_n V
Good parody of the Think Different ads.

*runs back to IRC*

Signature Image

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Great video that I've seen before. There are some valid points, but none of them have ever happened to me when using a Mac, so I'm ok ^^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

nekosasu

nekosasu

chibi ningen no baka ~desu

mwahahahahha hilarious!!1

LUCKILY i haven't been in touch with mac that often to experience such crap... cuz in that case i'd have kicked the box too then xD

*high fives raven and hurries back to IRC too*

old, but funny. i like it because it works so amazingly well... just like the mac "switch" ads, everything in there is pretty much true- but they're all problems that are like 10 years old or extremely rare, that nobody ever sees any more.

---I'm going to live forever. so far, so good.---

It refers to MacOSX (except for one part, which is OS9), OSX was introduced in 2000, and it refers in particular to 10.1 and 10.2 (last released in 2002/2003.)

i myself have experienced a few of these problems myself, so it is an occurance worthy of being considered 'sporadic' if not 'common'.

Signature Image

i haven't experienced half as many problems on my mac than i have on my crappy PC

So far, my Windows hasnt crashed completely in 5 months.

Signature Image

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

Heh, being a Mac sysadmin, i can kinda appreciate that clip. Although, since 10.3 rolled out, we've had almost no crashing issues.

Quote by TheRavenIsUnSkillSo far, my Windows hasnt crashed completely in 5 months.

Heh, reminds me of a coworker of mine. His Windows XP desktop is so old and fragile that he's refused to reboot it for the last few months. He had an uptime of about 131 days before he finally had to move offices.

I love the ad!

Quote by Anubysi haven't experienced half as many problems on my mac than i have on my crappy PC

considering how many different hardware/software setups M$ and all the hardware makers have to deal with it wouldn't be surprising that windows has that many problems. Yeah i concede that windows has comparatively more dodgy code than MacOSx but then think of how many software tweaks people do to their win systems (ever used tweakui, any stardock programs, theme hacks etc.)? Think of all those people who overclock their computers, run them past their intended specs?

It's all relative

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

Quote by Alchemy101Yeah i concede that windows has comparatively more dodgy code than MacOSx but then think of how many software tweaks people do to their win systems (ever used tweakui, any stardock programs, theme hacks etc.)? Think of all those people who overclock their computers, run them past their intended specs?

It's all relative

Agreed. PCs will work just fine if you treat them right. Although, one of the strengths I've seen in Macs since OS X is that it limits the amount of dumb things a user can do. It keeps good balance of the user's needs and system stability. Windows often chooses "spiffy functionality" even if it might lead to problems.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Hey! I've seen it before also.. It's a great clip though. ..Funny thing. I clipped off the end of the URL. I think I may actually know who the dude is in the main page pic! heh. Small world...

http://esto.ton.tut.fi/delta/tmp/dont_buy_mac_DivX.avi

http://esto.ton.tut.fi/

joepolo2002

joepolo2002

Ecchi Master

Quote by TheRavenIsUnSkillSo far, my Windows hasnt crashed completely in 5 months.

I want to ask, so you just haven't used windows in 5 months? :)
Just joking with you. Consider youself lucky, the peecee I have to use at work (using WinXP Pro) either freezes up or starts giving so many lib error messages, you need to reboot at least 4 times a week. The Mac I use at home has only froze up twice in the last 9 months, both times due to a defective external HD (since replaced)

your milage may vary ;)

[ecchi-club] member.
Signature
Yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

sh1nj1tsu

Old Soul

If you set any computing platform up just right and don't download every spam happy, spyware infested, virus injected, memory consuming, poorly programmed, crappy piece of software and install/run them all, you will _rarely_ have issues.

My Windows XP box only crashed when a game freaks out. Usually cause it doesn't like ATI's poor excuse for drivers. When they do make them right, the machine runs smooth. In fact, I have not had a crash on the PC in months. The Macs, however, they only restart when an update is installed. The G4 _never_ crashes. The G5 hasn't yet.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

Euh i dl it and i just hear that guy talking. But i don't see antything. Its on winamp isn't it i am playing it on 5.08. What am i doing rong?

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

You need the DivX video codec.

http://www.divx.com/

Signature Image

Holt

Holt

pffft

hahaha oohh this is hilarious
Nice find raven

Signature Image

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Yeah, that's been floating around the internet for a while. Still good stuff, though.

The funny thing about the whole Mac/Windows stability thing is that, for me, the PCs I use are more stable than the Macs. Macs just hate me. They freeze up, do weird things, and just generally don't work well. On the other hand, I can't even remember the last time I saw the blue screen of death. Well, I can, but that was a hardware problem, not a Windows problem.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.