Donating Members

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Cancel

I know this is a topic of heated discussion, so I'll try to keep this as open ended as possible.

Also, the views here are ones that I personally do not believe in. I am asking this more as a way to get us all to communicate.

Should we be less strict on members that have donated? Should we have a special gallery for members who have donated to the site where they can post almost anything they want and only have it accessible by mods and donators?

Discuss.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Cancel

Absolutely not. This community is about quality artwork. Period.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Cancel

I'm moving this here because of suggestions from other people to open this up to the public instead of just Moderators.

Note: None of this is really feasable, so don't think this will actually happen >_>

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Cancel

if you were less strict it would give ppl more incentive to donate but then again there might be more desruptive members on mt...but members who like complain alot and always blame and hate the mods wouldn't probably donate cash to something they hate so maybe there wouldn't be that many bad donating members...if you donate a speicific amount i think you should get something at least but not a "get outta jail card"

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

• Feb 09, 2005
Cancel

Hmmmmmmm
I dunno. The ppl that donated "should" get something special but what it has to be something good yet small. Otherwise, MT will be split apart, like two halves. The strictness, I would think so. Unless the donater is a ripper or something, then they should get the same treatment. If they're just a regular donater I think that they should be treated normally; maybe they should have some extra features?

• Feb 09, 2005

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Cancel

Members who donate should get a little something in return. If I had your address, I would most certainly donate something. I won't be able to donate through Paypal because of complications.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

• Feb 10, 2005

Keitaro08

Keitaro08

Always o_Oing

Cancel

>__> ...

Means "I donate, so I can put as much mass as I want..."

Sorry, my French "freedom-equality-fraternity" can't bear that...

But I understand that donators have right to "special tratment", so, for me, it's okay ;) ! And to be honest, I don't really care ^_^' !

o_O Il en existe toujours. Des choses plus importantes que nous-memes et nos reves O_o

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

Cancel

I agree with some others: they should get something small in return, but not a whole set of special privileges. Donations are out of the goodness of one's heart, not as if it where a payment for membership to a special part of MT.

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Cancel

I don't think it's a good idea to give them something big if they donate, but a small something is ok. Maybe a special layout? There are many out there that are dedicated to the site and bring a lot to it, but are unable to offer a donation. It would be unfair for those that have worked so hard to make this site great if someone just plops down $20 and gets a prize for doing essentially nothing.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Cancel

Hmm, I don't think doing something like that would be good, like people will be able to buy off better membership.
before the new server in I think oktober last year when all the donated members were listed they all were elite members, XD maybe that's coincedence but maybe there could be a special type membership for donated members.

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

Cancel

'Course not. In some cases, people are just unable to donate, and yeah, kiri-chan's right in that donating is out of the "goodness of one's heart". It wouldn't be right if those who didn't donate for whatever reason (lack of a credit card, needing the money for other important things, etc.) were unable to do a lot of things that those who donated can. Maybe a few rewards for their troubles to contribute to MT; that, a lot of us can live with. But nothing too extensive...

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

• Feb 10, 2005

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Cancel

Perhaps bring back the little feature on the members page which highlighted those who donated. I kind of miss that. I thought it was a nice little incentive that wasn't too flashy, but did show appreciation for those who were able to donate, but didn't put the donators on a pedestal that foisted them above those who can't/won't/don't.

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Cancel

I have the same situation as melmachine's: can't donate to Paypal (I've no credit card), but willing to shell out even an iota of help. ^^ And I also agree with kiri-chan and ManOnFire re: 'goodness of one's heart'... but maybe it's just me but I always believed that when someone gives or helps, someone does not expect anything in return. But then again, as a friend of mine (kimifox) said: 'Altruism is dead, self-interest rules.' Such a sad offline-world value we bring into the online world... Sorry for being ambivalent, but based on my naive belief in altruism, I voted 'no'.

Ummm, on a side note though, is there really no other way, aside from Paypal, to donate to the site? ^^

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

• Feb 10, 2005
Cancel

Erm. o_0 I flat agree with Keltosh. There shouldn't be a way for the rich/the creditcarded to buy immunity. -_- <-sounds suspiciously like a gameshow host..
Though on the other hand, I also agree with Tama about the 'little incentive'. :)

Quote by charaznableamuroreiUmmm, on a side note though, is there really no other way, aside from Paypal, to donate to the site? ^^

I'm also interested in the answer to this. XD

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Cancel

Quote by KeltoshAbsolutely not. This community is about quality artwork. Period.

I actually fully agree with Kel on this one. If we go easy on those who pay donate, then it can be technically used like a bribe to get out of trouble... then again, that might go down fine with you guys. It's up to you really..... I say no though.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Cancel

Yes of course !!!

And If possible could I get a privately assigned slav... I mean moderator as well??

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Cancel

Quote by MistressPookyChanMaybe a special layout?

Something along these lines would be fine. Anything more would be silly as not all of us have Paypal accounts for one reason or another.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

nyxerinyes

nyxerinyes

Night Angel

Cancel

No way.

Just because someone is a supporter of something doesnt give him the right to corrupt or violate it.

Nyx Erinyes - Night Angel Productions

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Cancel

You don't even need a Paypal account to donate. You can donate by simply following the instructions after you click the Paypal: Donate link under advertisements.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

• Feb 15, 2005

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

Cancel

I fully agree to Keltosh too.... i think that a little reward is nice like a special avatar or sign..or maybe an hall of fame...or maybe the t-shirt :D but starting to give the possibility to upload any kind of image its not good and unrespectable to the many and many guys and girls that dont donate money but time of your life....

A gallery only accesible to mods and donators is futile because the base of this community...is...community :D, starting to closing the site for many of them is like killing the blood that apart money give life to this site..... money its not all and giving the possibility to rich people to "buy" and "tranform" it...is very sad.....

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Cancel

Quote by KeltoshAbsolutely not. This community is about quality artwork. Period.

Says it all, really :)

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Cancel

I didn't donate some of my hard earned money to get special treatment. I did it because I like the overall minitokyo community. Using the money for special treatment is like a bribe.

I've said it before in another thread about "What MT is worth to you?". I think of minitokyo more as a member supported group. Those who don't or just can't contribute money [now or at some later point] are still full members of this community. They may donate high quality works, or popular threads, or just apreciate the works.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Cancel

Well I think there should be some kind of incentive other than relying on the kindness of people's hearts to get donation, because we are talking about human nature here. :) So there should be some little award that isn't flash, I think Tama has the right track on this concern. On the one hand, we shouldn't punish those that don't have the ability to donate, but we shouldn't let the effort of those people who donated however small the amount unrecognize. People wants to be appreciated, so they can fell good about what they did, but not over the top flashy, just a little recognization. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

• Feb 15, 2005

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Cancel

well, i suggested that badge system on the moderator's forum...anywho, those who donated shouuld definitely receive SOME kind of recognition, but no special treatment that would give members more advantage over other. unless they donate 100+ dollars >_> bwhahaa, send us 100+ for special previlages >XD

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.