Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Interested in Kimi Ga Nozomu - Minitokyo

Interested in Kimi Ga Nozomu

page 1 of 1 11 total items

I haven't watched the serie yet, but after hearing so much about it had gotten me interested. After finding bits and pieces of information, now it all comes down to whether or not I WANT to watch this serie or not.

I already know the base of the plot, and just knowing that is already churning my stomach. The concept is so dark and sick, I don't know whether or not it's worth to watch it at all. I applaud the creator to be able to bring fourth such unique situation, but... er... ick. I can see this is one of those serie that would probably put you in a depressive mood for weeks. Yet, this serie interests me to no ends.

So I suppose to question stands. Is it really worth to watch it? Was it a huge emotional blow? If it is, how did you deal with it?

I just thought I'd get myself prepared before I jump into something that I know that's gonna be painful.

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

well it' is painful especially after knowing the plot..., since I didn't quite into drama, especially triangle love I can't give you any objective suggestion.

as for me, I'd rather watch azumanga daioh or full metal panic : fumoffu :D

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Aw... that's so sweet. You need to get prepared for the anticipated emotional setting?
Well that's good thinking actually, and I admire your comment and monitoring of whether the series is a good one to pick.

Firstly, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is really a soap-drama. It's 95% drama and 5% comedy, and those statistics are just about correct.
I wouldn't say that it's a very depressing anime, but it's surely honed in love and real drama. Don't expect any humorous parts in the anime, although you might laugh a little.

It's very much a slice of life anime. And you ask how people bare with the emotional intensity. Well that's simple, just watch it, and let the tears drop.

Some people who've watched Kiminozo have cried their eyes out, some were just really moved and touched with a few tears here and there, whereas some just weren't moved at all and are just robots.

I think this anime is excellent, and as you can see from my userpage I've ranked it 5th on my top 10.

Do remember these few points though:
95% drama, 5% humor. Emotional intensity, pure drama, slice of life.

Anyone should watch Kiminozo.
In other words, Rinn, go watch it. ^_^ And have a tissue or two ready at hand, just in case that you're one of the emotionally sensitive anime viewers.

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

btw, I just remember, one of my friend said kanon and air also has the same "painfull, aka : emotional" effect as kgne, is it true? , I have both (air till ep 5) but I never get the chance to watch them, maybe if I had a bit free time and a good mood to start.

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by rayearthbtw, I just remember, one of my friend said kanon and air also has the same "painfull, aka : emotional" effect as kgne, is it true? , I have both (air till ep 5) but I never get the chance to watch them, maybe if I had a bit free time and a good mood to start.

Yes, Kanon and Air both fall into the emotional anime category.
So far, I've only watched Kanon, and I know that made me cry. And I certainly expect Air to make me cry also, because I can tell from their story and also from the cast interviews.

its a really good show, iI reccomend it to everyone. Its definately one of my top 10 anime.

Hummm... alrighty, then I'll give it a spin. Since I already know the outline of the story, watching it is pretty much asking for pain. But despite all that, if it's that great, then I gotta watch it.

I dont know the outline of the story.. May someone please share it with me?

Wow, it's an awesome series!!! I've watched it ^^

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

I would recommend it, I only watched it recently but it brings back a lot of nostalgia to me, especially of school and friends and that. It is a painful story, but the same could be said of any drama based anime.

I like the way it does have twists and turns and the way the storyline does get a grip on you. I say that I do feel much better knowing that I have watched it. It is sad, but thats what you watch it for, to see what happens to the characters, to get into it. I would highly recommend it.

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

I just finished watching it again, with a friend who saw it for the first time. She really had curiosity to see the end, but she didn't quite like it..
nice anime though, worth watching.. not thaaaat dramatic! (I cries at some eps though :P)

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.