Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 People behind the Avatars and Sigs - Minitokyo

People behind the Avatars and Sigs

page 1 of 1 23 total items

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

I dunno about you people but i associate the avs and sigs of the people at MT automatically to that persons personality. you can tell alot about a person from there avs and sigs like what kind of art style they like, animes they like, happy/depressed/dark/etc. I also automatically associate gender by avs so when i see a dude with a female av i get all confused and have to keep reminding myself that its a guy. I was wondering if any one else did this and to pose the question what does your avatar/sig mean to you.

Note:Sorry if this is a repeat thread but when i searched there is a crap load on avs and sigs.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

I recently got into using a female character in my sig and avi I think its cool to have a cute girl anime character in your sig. LOL just something thats basicly changed me I guess

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

Di3S3L

Di3S3L

Sleepy Head

although I myself like to use females in videogames and sometimes avatars[if the female character is cool enough], I feel your confusion too. and it creeps me out...please don't use that tactic on me ever again.
As for me and my avatar relationship...it does tell something about my taste in art. Obviously dark, gloomy atmospheres done in black and white. I also enjoy tragic moments more than one should. they remind me about cherishing my happy moments, however pathetic they may be.

::Deviant Art Gallery - Feel the suckage
Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by buggydudeI also automatically
associate gender by avs so when i see a dude with a female av i get all
confused and have to keep reminding myself that its a guy.

I know what you mean - and I'm like Gah! Oh no! ROFL - Strange people, indeed.

Anyways, me?

I love J-Pop and I'm fond of the beauty off idols and models and Japanese singers, really. That's pretty much all I have to say here. It's not uncommon for some girls to be posting up avs and sigs of their beloved idols. As for me, I chose these at random, really. Asami, BoA, Ayumi, Rina, Aya, Rena, and Maki Goto - Anything that can fit into 50 x 50 and 400 x 60 pretty much lol.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

ahem....*points to chopsticks in the avy...words saying something i about chopsticks in the avy i think and the name chopstickz* ...weee~ guess what my favorite utensil is XD

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

What I really don't like is people makng the wrong gender in MMORPGs. I can't tell how to act, I act totally different around true girls! As far as avs and sigs that's not so much the case, although I do greatly associate them with their user.

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

Periphery

The End

Hehe, I tend to make male characters if they look cute in MMORPGs!! (i'm a girl if you didn't know ^_^)

i think people treat female characters better even if it's a guy behind the computer. O_O"

Anyway..i was normally put what i like on my avatar/sig, but sometimes it's a guy though.

<3 Dark Mousy ! ^_^
Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

My avatar is representation of my toughness. Even though I may fall down, I will get back up. This applies to making my wallpapers, losing to some idiotic people shooting pool, losing playing checkers and connect four...you think I'm going overboard? Must be the sunlight.

Speaking of which, my avatar represents a bit of darkness. I tend to be alone...ask the people on my campus. I don't mess with these Philly girls. XD

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Holt

Holt

pffft

As my avatar suggests, I have blond hair and a headband with a logo on it. I wear orange clothes. My sig also shows me messing around with my blue friend with wings. Fun times.
Just kidding. I just make my avatars and sigs from a scene that I think is particularly impressive from my fav animes.

Signature Image

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

Nha m avatars doens't say much about myself, just that I like Magic. I am still think of a new one. I want the same girl as I got in my sig.

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

I personally have a hard time thinking of someone with a girl in the avatar to be a guy too. As a result I have a rule that I can only have girls in my avatar that way people who think the same way I do won't think that I am a guy.
I generally chose my current favorite female anime character for my avatars (by current I generally mean from the anime I've watched recently).

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

haha yeah buggydude i know what you mean. In fact, sometimes i even start to associate the cuteness of a female avatar with how cute the girl who owns it is >_<

i guess it's because a person's avatar is the only clue we have to go off of. In the absence of knowing anything else about a person, we just default to the only thing we do know- the gender of their avatar

of if they're like me and have a nongendered avatar, well then ... huh. haha. good question. what do you guys assume when you see the tiger kanji?

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

albion

albion

Feeder of Ravens

My avatar say little about myself in the physical aspect at least. I have short hair and do not drink al all. But I like it because of the relaxed look it has, which I have most of the time.

wunjo!

I'm not lazy, I'm Zen

narrator

narrator

AAAHH!!!!

Yeah good point....very intersting way to look at it..

Signature
"I want your soul, I will eat your soul!!!!!!!!" - Richard D. James

hmm, I guess I like to smile... :)
don't have a sig yet though.. I'm not that graphically talented I think.. but try I will :)
as for the 'cross-gender' thing.. confusing. yes.. but I kinda get used to it I think...
within multiplayer games I can't really asociate myself with more 'guys' in there.. which kinda makes me choose one of the girl player.. for some reason they often seem more friendly..
don't play many games though..
and I try to treat people equally.. so don't have much problems with it.. :)

[short sigs yay!]
URL: http://web.expr42.net/ or http://web6.expr42.net/
-death ot the signature bunny!- :)

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

If the people on a board don't know me in real life (like this one), I stick to cute little animals for my avatar. I guess this is because I don't want people to identify my personality with my avatar too much. (I am not really a kitsune-risu. ;) )
This rule of mine obviously doesn't go for sigs. ;)
On my Livejournal (it's restricted to people who know me), I use Sophia from Last Exile as my primary avatar. She kinda does look like me - but I don't wear glasses. Then I use Alucard as an avatar for angry or sarcastic rants, and a picture of Vash looking up at the stars for pensive posts.

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

ejwcobra

ejwcobra

Master Hacker

yeah, my avatar vaguely represents myself, but i just chose it because i like vash and it looks cool. my sig is just part of one of my wallpapers... but i haven't posted it here either... long story

Think deeply of simple things.

markjo

markjo

a bookworm & a film buff

Well, having a different avatar I was mistaken for a male person (due to the 'mark' in my nick) - now I hope it won't happen anymore. Avatar and signature 'advertise' one of my all time favourite artists but do they tell something about my personality? I seriously doubt that.

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

My avatar I choose not only because it was pretty much one of the only small ones I found that i could use on MT, but it was also because it was blonde and pretty, and in a way, I am blonde and I wish I was cute and pretty as this avatar! hehe :)

As for my sig, I'm a colourful happy type of person, who loves stars, and I think that I kinda incorporated that in my designing/making of it. I wanted to use colours I liked and things like that :) great.

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

I see what you mean. I like Ken Akamatsu's work...that can be figured I guess from what I put up...and that I'm more akin to raosted rice balls than flowers... :D
But I am male, consciencously put up Negi as my avatar to avoid confusion.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

ahah can you tell anything from my avv ??? i'm a guy, but this doesn't explain that. as for my personnality, i wonder what one could make out of it :)

Quote by kimifox I stick to cute little animals for my avatar. I guess this is because I don't want people to identify my personality with my avatar too much.

ahah good reason !! never thought of it that way ^_^'

as for the sig, the text is true !! and the img is because i tried to make it fit the username (anjhurin) and the title (white liyo).... but it's from a book, then you can say i like these kind of books etc..... ahah heroic fantasy and SF are great XP
it's a shame i didn't come across someone who knew this particular book here on MT :o

RyomaNagare

RyomaNagare

Seigi No Pilot

i've had this problem on other boards they see my picture, and read my post as i'm shouting angry, little they Know about the power of passion

http://usuarios.vtr.net/~mazinger/ryo1500.jpg

pheniox87

show your true nature to me

My avatar matches me perfectly I am an out cast in my school and for the most part i am depressed in apearence only. the anime FLCL is one of my favorite animes of all time and my love for swords is shown n how he holds his weapon. sorry but physically he is nothing like me (except that were both males).

Two phrases that i live by:
1) "what once was, is and shall be again, that is the way of all, and it is the one true constant."
2) "there is no reason to ever get mad, it is a waste of energy and it dulls your ability to think through things before acting."

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.