Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is punctuality important to you? - Minitokyo

Is punctuality important to you?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

well, i searched but if there was something about this subject, i missed it... anyways, i'm just wondering if punctuality is important to you guys or not... and why?
ok, i'm asking coz, today, i realized a lot of students don't care about arriving late in class (or anywhere else for that matter)... well, it's not just student i guess, you know what i mean ^^, i'm just saying what gave me the idea for this thread loll (i must say i'm not inspired lately ^_^')

well, in my case, i hate being late, and disturbing people because of it... so i always arrive about a half hour earlier, just in case... ^^

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Punctuality is important to me, especially since my school is really strict about the issue. If you're late you have to go through this whole process of signing in, getting a computerized late slip, receiving a lecture from the attendance secretary ~ it's such a tedious process, you might as well just be on time ^^ I try to be at least 20 min earlier for any occasion, but the winter weather just makes it so hard =_= For important things like exams, interviews, flights I sometimes get there hours earlier (^^);; Also, when my friends don't arrive exactly on time (& i mean on the minute) for get-togethers, I tend to freak out or get extremely annoyed, lol.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Hmm - I know what you mean. There was this one time I showed up late for class, and I was kind of embarrassed showing up a few minutes later than expected - when I sat down, it was over. I don't really like being late at all - and I hardly have ever been late. In some classes, like you mentioned, I show up 10 to 15 minutes earlier to get some good seats. It's all cool, in my books. Punctuality is something that's highly accepted here at university, and I think its a good thing - not important to some, but a good thing to have whenever you go to school.

Plus - the bus shows ups maybe 20 minutes early - I just drop my bags in my locker, and notes on the seat, get a little snack to eat, play a little on my laptop, and then when the lectures come, I show up back maybe 5 minutes before and sit down to prepare for whatever day is thrown at me, pretty much. That's how I mostly attend my classes - its quite common for peeps to leave their small stuff on their seats and come back. It's not like they are going to steal off you when you got 800 or so students sitting in a single lecture. Heck no - plus, its only a couple pens and a clipboard stacked with paper, pretty much. It's never to bad to shwo up earlier - never hurts at all indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

Ah, I know what you mean.

I really hate it when I walk into a classroom/lecture theatre about five or ten minutes late, because everyone stares at you. Plus its just not polite.
A lot of uni students at my uni tend to be either late or just plain don't turn up, and I'm probably more fine with the not turning up people, because I find I lose my concentration complaining about the guy who bursts in 15 minutes late with his music on full blast and doesn't even say sorry for interrupting the lecturer. It's just plain rude, and kinda disgusting.

I always have to in kinda early, I always plan to be early, and insist on being early, just because I don't like the nauseus feeling of being late, and possibly having to face consequences. Ah, but that's probably just me!

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

I'm always punctual. Some people say that they can set their clock by me, if they add about a half hour tolerance because I'm always early by that much to things. I prefer to get there early and wait rather than causing others to wait for me. It really urks me and makes me fidgety when someone I'm expecting to meet is late by more than 5 minutes. I start pacing around and if it gets to 10 minutes late I call them if I can. If there's even a hint that I might be late to something I will call the person I'm meeting with to let them know how late I'll be. So punctuality is very important to me you might say. XD

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

I like to be punctual in what I'm doing, about 10 minutes early or so. However, if I don't care about where I'm supposed to be, I don't bother to try being punctual. I'll get there when I get there.

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Yes, punctuality is important to me. I don't like being late. However, if I am to meet someone I know who often come late, I rather shake my leg before getting there. Yes, I can be evil, but if it is tht someone's attitude, so be it.

Movin'...

I'm usually punctual, but not to classes, heh. If I'm meeting up people then I'm on time, but if it's an event, I can be a little late. And I agree with Jackie-lyn. If the people I'm meeting with are usually late, I'll be late. I'm really tired of being the first one there and having to wait and wait...

--Double post--

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

I'm pretty punctual except for the big glaring exception of when I actually arrive at work. I am always late for work. I luckily have the coolest boss ever, so I just stay late, and as long as I do my 8 hours, it's all good.
Once I get there, I'm usually early for meetings, though. It's odd. *shrug*

When I was still in school, I either got there on time or skipped. I didn't want to interrupt class.

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

It's personally important since I don't want to interrupt my professors' lectures. Sometimes, I just really find it strange about others' punctuality though. For instance, last semester, in my Geo1 class, some students (even a friend of mine) would come in an hour late... and this was a 1hr 15min. class... o_0

I don't like to be late to anything. I just don't feel good arriving late to a class, 'cause then I have to go all the way back to my seat while everybody stae at me. But when it's a party or I meeting my friends I prefer going late.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

ahah tell me about it !! i had an ex girlfriend who arrived at least 15 minutes late on every single date we had :angry: .... and me, the dumb fool, i used to arrive 10 minutes early, but well that just made me freeze my butt for 20 to 30 minutes !! and i never learned to arrive just in time or late myself, so it was the same thing over and over ^_^'
but well yeah i'm kinda punctual, even often in advance, and i think that's important.

Quote by kimifoxWhen I was still in school, I either got there on time or skipped. I didn't want to interrupt class.

ahah yeah true, but if i skipped, it was just because i didn't wanted to go (english classes in particular, so boring XP )

Yup, I love being punctual and early but...I'm often not =p
I love taking my time and being prepared for unexpected things when I'm early. I really don't like getting to class late. I'll even go to class during brunch and just talk with the teachers so I won't get stuck in the swarms of students heading to class or not hearing the bell.

For those people who don't care about punctuality, I think it might be due to numbing. They get used to it and no longer feel embaressed or care. It's like the student who, at first, never turns in assignments late. But after a couple of times, some may no longer care. The urgency is no longer there.

Yes yes its very important, i got myself into trouble for coming late to school..

cerena

cerena

Evil eyes master

hmmm, this is quite hard to explain but if we have a punctuality everyone will think that we are good manner, don ya?

i always punctual coz of my father ^^ since i was small my father keeps teaches us to be punctual so it is a natural form in my life already ^^ i can become nervous if i'm late. well, i got one frenz who always late too but he seems nothing to be afraid just a bit shame with the boss ^^ yeah that's rite. it is better to wait rather than be waited don ya? so i think punctual is important ^^ to be a good manner guy.

yes it is importent for me because if you are always late you never be serious and you will ardly find a job

Yes, it's important to me. It shows respect for the other person. I leave early just to make sure I arrive somewhere on time and to account for any unforeseen circumstances, like unusually heavy traffic.

Ayamael, if your students don't care, give them a reason to care. In the first five minutes of class, do things that are grade-dependent: name a student who will give a report the next day on something class-related. Failure to do so is .25 of a grade downwards.

I've found that most kids today act as if they were raised by wolves. Their parents were of the liberal "let the child express him / herself" school, and the kids were protected at every step of the way. This has the downside of never letting the kid learn about the natural consequences of their actions. (You know: set the boundary, explain the result of breaking the boundary, then always enforce it when broken.)

If you announce to the class what the boundaries are (be in your seat when the bell rings), what happens when they break the boundary (grade drops, lose out on vital info), then enforce it immediately, there will be two results. The kids who care will make it into their seats, the ones who don't, won't.

Yes it's the most importan to me, because i got so much to me, tha's all.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I find it really important on my part, 'cause I've made a commitment to something. However, I'm a little more lenient with others, as long as it isn't like waaaay late.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

Well, I am getting pissed when someone isn't punctual, but I myself don't care about my punctuality ^_^' . I'm always trying go get everywhere on time though.

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

I alawys try to keep to a deadline or required time, because it's less hassle and stress if you know you're not late. In fact I enjoy being early because it gives me a chance to collect my thoughts.

Without any punctuality you will get nowhere in life. The older you get, the more important punctuality gets.

And it's true that if you had a good education/upbringing cos of school/parents it will affect your future positively.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I think it should be important to everyone to be honest. It doesn't take much to leave a little early so as to make it to the lecture 5-10 minutes before. I always do it because I don't like walking in when the lecture theatre is almost full ^^; .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.