Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are humans the purpose of everything - Minitokyo

Are humans the purpose of everything

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Holt

Holt

pffft

I saw a bunch of videos in my philosophy lesson saying how some religions believe that everything was created to serve humans. I myself thought it was really arrogant and completely disagree.
I'm interested to see what the general public thinks :D

Signature Image

Lord-Satorious

Lord-Satorious

Knight of Avalon

We just happen to be the most highly evolved lifeform on this planet. The _entire_ universe, just for us? And what is there is intelligent life on another planet, are they there just for us to discover? Religion promotes this sort of ridiculous thinking.

Lord_Satorious
The World-Wide Gundam Informational Network
"The Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" - Capt. Amuro Ray, UC 0093

Holt

Holt

pffft

That's what I thought. No offence to religion or religious people but it seems like complete nonsense to me. I don't get how arrogant humans can be.

Signature Image

we aren't different that animals ? XDD funny
animals are there to feed us...nothing more...
about the question...uh..i don't think that everything is for humans...(ofc is arrogant think that)

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

We are tha top animal yes. But for every thing to be just for us is unimaginative.
Read the Hitch Hikers Guide to Galaxy that book is a fun read. The movie didn't do it justice. The whole series is funny.

er...well, of course not! everything's not meant to serve us..we're part of the living and not the leader..even though we can think better

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i totally agree with you Holt-san. we've been discussing this topic in my 2 science courses all semester! humans were not destined to be the end result of evolution. (because that would be a teleological statement and those= bad. go university teaching! XP ;)) Ecologically speaking, for humans to think that everything is for them is VERY arrogant. EVERY LIVING THING is entitled to their own share of the Earth's resources. however, humans use up a completely disproportionate amount of natural resources because they think they're entitled to it.

Signature Image

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

You have my agreement as well. Religions and the like create massive greedy situations and they have little or no regard for logic or their grandchildren. It's a weak excuse to be able to rape the planet and satisfie the personal wants.

In the old days the average idiot thought that the sun and everything revolved around us and it took many lives and hundreds of years before religions could pretend no longer. In the future people will answer to the law for their ungovernable rape of the planet. I doubt they will answer to god. Religion is teaching me that their is no god, just greed and the need of power.

Zyndarius

Zyndarius

Sage of the Five Paths

When one begins to think about the wolrd and reality that surrounds you, one starts to get many many ideas and then with a little more work, answers. Wise people then realize that this whole reality, this whole world, the incredible, sublime and beautiful nature is not meant to serve anybody, I do personaly agree with you about the arrogancy that one has to have to say that absolutly everything is meant to serve human kind.
I may saound a little crazy, but if you open your eyes wide, and concentarte a little, you will take notice that nature is something very very similar to us, a part of creation, a part of life. Then, a relationship of one-direction is something very wrong to think about, the communication with the entire world, the entire reality has to be dual-pole, bi directional, as well as any other kind of communication, and the service that are given to us in a certain moment, us all have to return it to the scource as parto fo the interaction with the creation.

The man, a human being is a part of creation with the size of grain of sand when trying to compare them with the entire universe that surrounds us.

"Every spilled tear, feeds the roots, of a tree which the heavens will reach."

I agree its not ours,

everythings just made up out of energy anyway, we humans convert the earth's energy to grow as a population, because we were meant to be in numbers. We live for each other so we can enjoy life. But on the other hand we cant live forever so we'll turn into the basic building energy after death and so give back the energy we took.
We just make life keep moving, and that movement started with a bang a long time ago. :)

at least its what I think.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I agree with you that nothing made just serve human except something humans make themselves.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

We are being groomed for the next order of evolution...... :D Can you imagine some ogre taking a bite out of your butt? :D

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Haha much as humans are self claimed 'most advanced', they are also the most arrogant.
I do not deny that humans have proven themselves true of their claims in early times. With the ability to exploit tools, their quick wit, and the ability to estimate danger, they have overcome other animals and proven themselves to be the top of the food chain.
However, with technological advances, humans cannot live without the daily necessities that animals lack. Humans also cannot live without killing themselves. Ironical.
These few religions were created by humans in the first place too, which is mainly the reason for its claims. Some religions just happen to not be able to see life as one whole body and not centralise on humans.
Before i go completely out of point, I'll just say that, in scientific terms, the simplest organisms are the most able to survive, due to the fact that they require less to do so.
If something colossal and devastating happens to the earth, the humans will be the very first to be wiped out.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Yes, its very ignorant to believe that everything was created to servr man .This is what gives religions bad names. I think the animals, fish and reptiles would disagree. lol I guess this is the excuse when we tare down a rain forest in the name of progress or bulldoze a park and build a shopping center. The earth was created for every living thing.

Signature

Yes, I agree it's arrogant to say everything is made for us..

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

the world created for us, huh? i doubt it. humans are merely rational animals. in fact, we are the only animals that are able to question our existence, thus enabling us say we have meaning and allowing us to claim that we are so damn special. however, we are NOT superior to anything! we are equal to the very ants we step on. we are not all high and mighty simply because we say so! the only reason we can say that and all agree is because no other species can refute us. we hide behind our science and technology and claim that we are closer to God than anyone else! how arrogant of us. such hubris might as well send us to our graves. we are not as special as we think. perhaps we were even an accident. perhaps this world was not meant for us at all. we, the most flawed creature on the planet...

MarieGreentree

MarieGreentree

The Hikari of Mariko Yamaki

If anyone has read Anne Rice's "The Tale of the Body Thief," one would have a look into my opinion of "God". There is a higher power, much more so than karma. But in the end, it is we who ultimately decide the final end. As for after the end, I truly have no insight on that matter...

I think humans are simply an extension of the universe serving to reach whatever goal it is we're driven towards.

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

hmm.... this is a question of self conciousness.....

from our point of view..... we are living our lives and using what we can to stay alive and such motives will bring out the idea that things are created to serve us.....

However to bring out the truth of this matter is simply nonsense... why should we busied ourselves with this matter at all..... those who agree that the universe is created for us should wonder why are we created in the first place..... if god truly created us..... what is the purpose of it?...... shouldn't we not take this account with the view of a human mind?
*BIG QUESTION: how do ever know how god's mind(if he have one) works if we do not understand how our minds work?

my 20cents

RubyDrg0n, You want to know how God's mind works? Do some reading, and you'll find out.

No, the world wasn't created for us, it was created for God. And frankly, I think you people are more arrogant to say that you're the highest-so far-over the evolution line. Do some real research will you?

Quote by UnwantedRedRosesRubyDrg0n, You want to know how God's mind works? Do some reading, and you'll find out.

No, the world wasn't created for us, it was created for God. And frankly, I think you people are more arrogant to say that you're the highest-so far-over the evolution line. Do some real research will you?

And maybe you should consider the validity of the evidence your argument is based on. In other threads I have pointed out that the bible is a poorly interpreted and translated version of the original hebrew text, so the meaning you're basing your argument on is flawed being based solely on this. How can such a text give solid insight into how another persons mind works, let alone a omnipresent being of infinite power.

The fact that you think you could understand such a being by simply reading one text, which in any circle is not a good choice of evidence for any argument, is arrogant in the same light. Humans have enough trouble comprehending the thoughts and patterns of other humans, what in the world makes you think we have any chance of understanding a being with the power to shape the entire universe at a whim?

dusche

dusche

I need tacos!

everything for humans? heck no. humans are superior beings? no. we merely are capable of thought and reason and we think we can understand everything but we can't.

Yeah , thats bullshit. If we would find out that some other species live somwhere in space , the church would crumble cause that is against their "humans are the center of universe" theory. And church claims that animals don't have a soul so they don't go to paradise/hell , I seriously diagree with that , some animals stay with the same partner for their whole life and for examle dogs are very loyal animals.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.