Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you get to school/work? - Minitokyo

How do you get to school/work?

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

So what's your mode of transportation to school or work? Do you walk, drive, take public transit, take school bus, or bike? Or maybe something even more unique like rollerblade, skateboard or being carried? (Okay that last one was a stretch, but it could happen....maybe....)

My school is relatively far away, but I live in the city so I just take public transit and although it can at times be a hassle, it gets me to my destination in one piece. Walking is definitely not an option, that could take hours >__< I'm old enough to get a drive by myself, but then there's the whole issue about where to park my car during the day. I don't work since my parents are under the belief that I shouldn't get any type of job until after I finish university (they better pay for my living until then! lol) But I guess when I do eventually work, I'd either drive or take transit.

Edit: Hardly anyone answered the second question, so i took it out ~ it make my post seem awfully long anyway. But thanks to those that did answer it ^^

Laggylagger

Master Loafer/Slacker

I feel lucky. I live 5 minutes away from school (exactly 5 minute walk)

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

I have to get my dad to drive me to school, since I have to pay 1.25$ to use the train... but the school buses take me near my house which is 5 minute walk away.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

I usually take the bus, but if it's a nice day (and I'm not feeling lazy :P) I walk sometimes.

I get a ride from my dad :) but i walk back to my house after school :)
it a nice walk it take about 45min or a 1hour I think :)
i don't think I want to walk to school it take to long and I have to walk up a few hills :)

i take a 10 min metro bus ride to school....if the weather is really bad though i catch a ride with my dad

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

well, i walk to school, i live 20 min away from it... ^^ which is why i hate when it's really cold in winter... ^^ i could take the bus, but i consider the tickets to cost way too much... and the worse story i have about it is when i have to carry all my dictionnaries to school for an exam.. which really sucks coz it's just so heavy ^^

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I take the bus, which takes up like half-an-hour of my time, on eway. It becomes annoying when you live so far away from university and you have to take the bus every single morning, or you'll be missing out a lot, of course. As for driving, I am old enough to drive a car, but owning a car is so expensive with the auto-insurance hiking upwards these days, so I'll just be humble taking the bus, really. And ooh - I hate when I have to walk home when the snow comes piling in. Cold indeed. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

yournemesis

yournemesis

Galaxy Angel for EVERRRR

vac: well, i go to work with my fathher.

But i have 15 years

XP

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

bike.. about a short 10-15 minute ride to my work :)
which doesn't stop me from being late though..
I think last week I was only 5 to 10 minutes late :)
i do my best though :)

[short sigs yay!]
URL: http://web.expr42.net/ or http://web6.expr42.net/
-death ot the signature bunny!- :)

redshadow

a lone soul

i take the bus

Signature

I usually take the buss and walk for about 30 minutes, it's very difficuklt to me, well have a nce day.

Cesar

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well I drive, it is a 30 min drive in a good traffic days, but it can get ugly upward to an hour and half when it is bad. I guess I am ruining the enviornment of this planet one day at a time with my gasoline. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I tend to walk wherever I go, as long as it's within an hour. So... I walk pretty much everywhere! Great way to keep fit, and take in the scenery.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Di3S3L

Di3S3L

Sleepy Head

I take the Metro bus. It's hard to commute when you don't have a car, the bus ride takes up most of your day just trying to get where you are.

::Deviant Art Gallery - Feel the suckage
Signature

Di3S3L

Di3S3L

Sleepy Head

I can't delete my double and triple posts...these other two just popped out of nowhere, everyone just please ignore it. thnx.

::Deviant Art Gallery - Feel the suckage
Signature

kenshinhimura

Slipknot... RULES!

Walking :nya: , the school is near of my house XP , I allmost live in the school ^_^'

Aplos

Aplos

Meow-mix

Does college count? I live on campus so I just walk to classes.

Signature

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

i take the train to downtown then hop a ride on the school's shuttle bus to get to campus every day just because driving costs too much when you factor in the parking permit and the likelyhood of not having an intact car when leaving (its not in the best of neighborhoods, well surrounding neighborhoods anyway), total time it takes is 1.5hours per way

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

When I went to high school, I used to have to take the bus to the train to get to school. The whole trip took as little as 25 minutes if the bus and the train were there on the spot and as late as 40 minutes, and this was for the morning rush hour.

Now, getting to my classes is a simple 2-3 minute walk.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

I use my bicycle

It has a playing card in the spokes so people who hear me go by think i have a moped ^_^ man that makes my day

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

well i walk to school all my life until college. now, i take the train to my college and i hate it >_> i dun like it cuz i gotta stare at sumthing other than the ppl in front of me >_< and i also dislike beggers. i didnt know there were that much beggers till i took the train. um, funnie commutes? not much, except i remember when i was walking toward the train station, i stopped at a sidewalk when a car passed by and this dude said "hey, want a ride. it's free" or sumthing like that. i was like this O_o and just walked away in confusion. i am still confused about it and that was one weird incident X_x

Signature

haLaya

haLaya

A Wraith

Quote by IyasisI don't work since my parents are under the belief that I shouldn't get any type of job until after I finish university (they better pay for my living until then! lol)

same here :hmpf:

i drive and it usually takes me 30 minutes to get to my school. >_<

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I walk to the University, it took me like 30 to 35 minutes. I lived closer before. :hmpf:

Earn money reading e-mails here

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.