Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is the style of fighting game you love, 2D or 3D? - Minitokyo

What is the style of fighting game you love, 2D or 3D?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

For me, i prefer 2D, it is not that i dislike 3D but i don't master it like 2D, and more my favorite fighting game are Street fighter and KOF, but i admit that Tekken is a really good game

Signature

I think I prefer 3D, cause with high quality graphic it can look so devastating and enormous (ex: Dead or Alive). but it doesn't meant I dislike 2D. Actually, my most favourite fighting game is Guilty Gear series XD .

Signature

yes i guees you right but in 3D, it is hard to do combo like KOF :)
but it is right that the quality est better in 3D

Signature

3d games like mortal kombat, soul calibur and dead or alive are so amazing in the graphics department it is easy to not cope with the problems with the combo's it has. But guilty gear is very fun as well. I guess I'd have to side with 3d games

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

I prefer 3d fighting games. DOA and Soul Calibur are awesome fighting games. The only 2d games that I like are of the Street Fighter series.

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I don't really like fighting games to be honest, but when I do play, I like 3D ones. Ones with big areas to fight are also cool.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

2d
i don't known why...

hum as i see most of you like 3D, it is a little normal but i think the style of game is not the same as 2D :)

Signature

I like 2D games more. 2D and 3D games play differently. With 2D games, you can generally play a faster game, like MvC2 and Guilty Gear. 3D games are slower paced, and emphasize more on reaction time than on combos.

Di3S3L

Di3S3L

Sleepy Head

3D
I'd like to be able to move around more than just forward and back. Sidestepping and dodging an opponent's attack is one of the many things I like doing in fighting games.

::Deviant Art Gallery - Feel the suckage
Signature

Kwadjo

zionist

THats a goog question man, I dont know, I think Im gonna have to go with a historical bias of 2d games all around. ever since astriods. mario, megaman, then all of the streetfighters. well most of the street fighters. But I dont know, Its all almost the same. just instead of ducking or blocking, you can roll left and right in 3d games. But other wise it alomst seems the exact same.

Signature

2d games . ~
they way better drawing and moves compared to the 3d ones
thou 3d does tend to give more action to the game ~

then again i like nice drawing than pixels :P

another i say again that the 2D is the best beacause when you see street fighters in 3D you want to cry because i think it is the worst episode of SF i can see :)

Signature

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

2D
I've always found them to require a little more skill to play well. The lack of a third dimension makes it a lot harder to avoid your opponent. Sidestepping is for losers ;)

HamsterJohn

HamsterJohn

Defender of ur Mom

There's room for both types to coexist. I enjoy both Guilty Gear and scii, though I'm a hardcore GG player, I admit.

000011111 11110000111 000111 111 111 !!!!oneone one

Stop wasting the internet!

BlankVoid

BlankVoid

Doukan!~~

2D, probably because one of the only fighting games I still play is MBR.

Tiferet

Tiferet

????

i like 'em both....2D cuz we all started out with 2d....& i like 3D as long as the fighters don't look like deformed building blocks...yea, im kinda particulate sometimes when it comes to game grafix T_T

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West
Signature

Tiferet

Tiferet

????

i like 'em both....2D cuz we all started out with 2d....& i like 3D as long as the fighters don't look like deformed building blocks...yea, im kinda particulate sometimes when it comes to game grafix T_T

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West
Signature

2D because i love the KOF series

I like 2D better...But #D is awesome too you know like soul calibur and DoA

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I can't decide, too much pressure on my head!!! I love KOF, DoA, Tekken, anything SNK, mvc2, Mortal Kombat, basically anything I'm good at!!!

Signature

I prefer 2D, just because most of the best fighters I've played have been 2D. But if Soul Calibur and DOA are any indication, 3D fighters will get better. And prettier.

"It is especially important to encourage unorthodox thinking when the situation is critical: At such moments every new word and fresh thought is more precious than gold. Indeed, people must not be deprived of the right to think their own thoughts. "

-Boris Yeltsin

sirhenry

The Other White Meat

i like 3d, but Super Smash Bros. for N64 is my all time favorite fighting game.

We are not judged by our intentions, but by the way in which others interpret our actions.

I prefer 3D

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.