Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which do you think is the best, Metroid Prime or Metroid Prime 2 - Minitokyo

Which do you think is the best, Metroid Prime or Metroid Prime 2

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

DJ-OVNI

DJ-OVNI

Team Rocket wants you!

I dunno what to say, because I love both of them, but I like more the world of Tallon IV than Aether, and I like a little more the story of the 1st one, because it involves more the Space Pirates than in the 2nd one.

But that's my opinion, but anyway, both of them are really great games.

Long live Metroid series

Member of Anti-Ecchi-Club
Member of Hispanime

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

Eh, the space pirates get quite annoying after a while. It was nice to see a plot that wasn't along the lines of "the space pirates got a hold of a metroid and started experimenting on it, leading to a bunch of bosses you have to kill"

That being said, I liked Tallon IV a lot better too.

bloodphoenix

bloodphoenix

Shadowflame

Personally I preferred the beautiful areas of aether(though dark aether is a little dull and boring) and metroid pirme2 has a better plot that breaks into new ground,not to mention the increase in dificulty level by making the puzzles harder,tougher enemies and more resrictions on ammo to make it more challenging(though the "you have lost most of your abilities and have to kill sub-bosses to get them back" concept is getting very annoying

Time is wriitten on the wind Fate is not carved in sheets of stone these are the words that I have heard~gasaraki
I lie in darkness because darkness lies in me

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Prime 1 was better by far. 2 only has the edge graphically.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

bloodphoenix

bloodphoenix

Shadowflame

Quote by ultimashowerPrime 1 was better by far. 2 only has the edge graphically.

On Metroid Prime2 the difficulty level has been revamped as well as now the enemies are tougher and smarter as now an enemy who falls into the water will swim to the edge and climb out if it sees you instead of trying to get to you directly despite the fact that theres a large cliff seperating you plus I thinks it's got a better plot as it's breaking the mould of "kill space pirates stop their plans involving metroids blah blah blah" for once it's nice to see a change to the series(not as heavy a change as there haas been to resi evil series though lolz that has changed a lot with no.4)

Time is wriitten on the wind Fate is not carved in sheets of stone these are the words that I have heard~gasaraki
I lie in darkness because darkness lies in me

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

well
to be honest i dont know
i should have played it beforehand DONT YOU think???
>p

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

yournemesis

yournemesis

Galaxy Angel for EVERRRR

Dxy: i prefer the 2. its more intersting. jejejeje

XD

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

Definetly 2. The story line is more interesting, and Dark Samus provides a foreshadowing for incoming metroid games. In terms of gameplay, the bosses are more challenging and intellegent. The whole game is more difficult, with Dark Aether sapping your health every second without the Light Suit. P.S: Go to www.metroid2002.com. It has kick-@!# info on every metroid game, like skipping items and the secret message in Metroid Fusion. You can also buy speed runs on DVD.

I <3 Super Smash :). Join the Super-Smash-Bros-Melee group!

DJ-OVNI

DJ-OVNI

Team Rocket wants you!

Quote by lin1011Definetly 2. The story line is more interesting, and Dark Samus
provides a foreshadowing for incoming metroid games. In terms of
gameplay, the bosses are more challenging and intellegent. The whole
game is more difficult, with Dark Aether sapping your health every
second without the Light Suit. P.S: Go to www.metroid2002.com. It has
kick-@!# info on every metroid game, like skipping items and the secret
message in Metroid Fusion. You can also buy speed runs on DVD.

Well about the storyline, I think that both of them have a good one, but I think that the MP1 is better because it's more detailed, for example, you scan a lot of info at the several guard-posts of the Space Pirates and with the Chozo. At MP2 you have info, but it's not as detailed.

Also, why do you want to buy speed runs, when you can download them? Speed Games - List

Member of Anti-Ecchi-Club
Member of Hispanime

Quote by DJ-OVNI

Quote by lin1011Definetly 2. The story line is more interesting, and Dark Samus
provides a foreshadowing for incoming metroid games. In terms of
gameplay, the bosses are more challenging and intellegent. The whole
game is more difficult, with Dark Aether sapping your health every
second without the Light Suit. P.S: Go to www.metroid2002.com. It has
kick-@!# info on every metroid game, like skipping items and the secret
message in Metroid Fusion. You can also buy speed runs on DVD.

Well about the storyline, I think that both of them have a good one, but I think that the MP1 is better because it's more detailed, for example, you scan a lot of info at the several guard-posts of the Space Pirates and with the Chozo. At MP2 you have info, but it's not as detailed.
Also, why do you want to buy speed runs, when you can download them? Speed Games - List

Well, it's a non-profit thing, so they need donations. And besides, the DVD version has better quality (hopefully).

Both Metroid Prime are good and honestly, the graphic for Metroid Prime 2 are superb. But, from the story side, Metroid Prime story is more connected with the first Metroid Prime at Nintendo and Metroid Prime Zero at GBA. Because of that, I choose MP 1 for the storyline.

I think that MP2 has a better storyline than MP. In Metroid Prime, all you do is visit a planet that the Chozo inhabited, and kill some Space Pirates, along with creatures mutated by Phazon. In MP2, you meet new races, and you are involved with a conflict between two very intelligent races. You also see the link between the Luminoth and the Chozo.

Quote by ultimashowerPrime 1 was better by far. 2 only has the edge graphically.

He is right.

-Never love anything, for it will be taken away-
-Death is not the end of life, contrarily it is the beginning of it-
-I do not care so much that they respect me, only that they fear me-
-Happily-ever-after is a lie-

Kyros

Kyros

expert pilot

prime 2 cause prime 1 was a bit dissapointing

I thought MP2 was very similar to MP1 - I preferred the bosses of MP1, but I liked the weapons of MP2. I didn't find one particularly more challenging than the other, but the dark aehter areas bored me, so I'll say mp1.

I liked MP2 over MP1, mainly because it's better in every way. I can't tell the difference graphically, though: they seem pretty identical ro me.

Kuikka-kun

Kuikka-kun

Yori Fukai Yami He

Metroid Prime.
Prime 2 feels like MP turned into a FPS with its ammo.
Also MP feels more like "metroid" as MP2E does not. Echoes says "star trek" to me for some reason.

Signature

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

Is hard to me to say MP2 have something makes it betterthan MP1, because MP 1 also have many good things and challenges. But MP2 is harder than the first one, and I like that.

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

AtmaCashino

AtmaCashino

The Destroyer of Everything

Here's a plot spoiler:

Dark Samus is Metroid Prime (at the end of MP1, that hand was the hand of ds).

i like the limitless ammo of MP1 as well as the sustained blast wave cannons (Wavebuster! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...), but MP2's enemies are quite different in thinking and attacks (although there seriously needs to be some more kick@$$ space pirates, Elite Pirates RULE).

The multiplayer in MP2 needs more different units (like playing Elite Pirates or Dark Samus, scattershots that have good chance of hit are better than a big shot that's easy to avoid).

Cannons in 2 are cooler (although the Annihilater needs to be stronger; something like as strong as a charged power beam shot with charged AB being as strong as a super missile).

Signature

Prepare for total annihilation!

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by Forum Guidelines+Favorites and versus threads
As these threads seldom generate meaningful discussion and are often duplicates of existing threads, please refrain from creating superlatives threads, e.g. those asking for favorite characters, series, or games as well as threads comparing individual characters, series, or games.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.