Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do You Love Or Do You Hate Your Parents? - Minitokyo

Do You Love Or Do You Hate Your Parents?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

*put on glasses*
words are kind because it's meaning or of it lie.
If they couldn't act that way in public you shouldn't be a parents just because your outside. You should punish them because they did something wrong and that what build a right person from a wrong one. You can't only look at things as it is but you have to look at the event from all of is angle.
Celessa you still need to learn about this type of thing -_-
You can't be soft they just walk all over you and you can't be to mean or they will hate you.
you just have to know when to punish and when to reward.
Me have no clue what me said ???? OK XD HA HA HA HA

I don't hate them, but what I do hate is the fact that because I'm not yet 18, they can, and will, make decisions for me and stop me from doing stuff.
Its mostly religious differences - my Dad's an Anglican priest, and my whole family's Christian. I'm a Wiccan (Pagan) and have been for over a year, and after my parents finally thought, uh oh, maybe its not just a phase after all, my books got banned from the house and I wasn't allowed over at my mate's houses 'cos Mum and Dad both knew what I wanted to do there.
So while I love them, I can't stand to be around them sometimes and if I don't get out of here very, very soon I think I'll go crazy... luckily I leave for Uni in a couple of weeks now. Been a long time coming but freedom is in sight!! *blows horn*

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by Chopstickzas in the case of my lil cousing...doesn't listin no matter how many times you tell him something...i told him to be quiet 14 times once while we were at the mall...but he keep on yelling and screaming everytime we came across something he wanted to buy...i just broke and yelled at him to shut up for once....he kicks me and runs off to his mom telling her that i said bad words to him....really some children are senseless beings that drive you crazy....dont know whats wrong with them...so sometimes the blame lies in the parent and sometimes in the child...though children act a certain way because of how they are raised but still...no child should disobey someone that is trying to help them or care for them...*sigh* this is really some depressing stuff here.....

Hey chopper, I seen the samething in my little cousin as well. He would do a lot destructive stuff around him without a care in the world, and he isn't a baby anymore. I keep telling him that, but he just ignores me. :( I think his parents spoils him too much, and it gives this kid too much power to do things without consequence. He needs to learn fast, because it doesn't work like that once he goes into the real world. People aren't as forgiving as his parents, and they don't scold, they get mean. :)

Quote by CelessaHaha - **pulls out her teflon pan** Mordin, how unlike you. You don't have to get angry like that because of me - but really, that guy was a pain in the arse, no doubt. Like seriously - I'm not making it up - he screamed at his little boy in public and acts though as nothing seems wrong with him, really. I was like - @_@ - I would like to, but I'm a girl - what can I do? Haha - maybe blind his eyes with a gigantic laser pointer - for all I care. lol - just kidding. He shouldn't walk away unpunished for sure. Anyways - thanks for reading again and giving your input Mordin. I widely appreciate it. **Nods**

lol princess, I guess I got little overheat there. :) *Mordin pours some ice water on his head* Now I am more clam, but I might get a cold. :D I don't think a laser pointer could do any damage, but I guess if you have one of those stun guns that ladies like to carry around these days, you could zap him good. j/k lol next time when you are in similar situtation just invoke my name and I will come to beat up that jerk for you, of course I will just hire some big muscle to do the dirty work for me. :D Seriously, this is one of your finest thread since I have known you, and I really enjoy the discussion that you sparked here.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

My parents made some mistakes while I was growing up. I have never really opened up to my parents because of them, and doubt I ever will.

i still love them though because they are my parents, life just doesn't work out sometimes.

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

(edited)

It is time for you to drown

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I love my parents. I wouldn't have even made it to where I'm at today if it wasn't for their help. :nya:

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

As above, I love my parents very much. They've done well by me all my life and I feel I've grown up to be a pretty good guy because of them. Thanks mum and dad! :D

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

I don't hate my mum in any way - but we don't tend to get on as such. We have two very different personalities, and to a certain degree I also think she takes a lot of responsibility and blame to herself for things that have happened in my childhood - things I don't believe she should be using as an excuse to try and get closer to me, or try and to make things 'better'.

I've already come to terms with things that have happened, and she never caused or incited any of it, and so I don't believe she should get involved with it, or take the blame. However, mothers do as mothers will, and so this is the outcome.

i get on with my brother, but I guess that wasn't the question ^_^ heh!

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

I love my parents, they drive me crazy sometimes and I get angry with them, but I love them after all.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

tenchigirl15

tenchigirl15

Life, Live Love.

well, I do get along with my parents verry well, and they respect me as I respect them. :) but sometimes they can get inoying!! :P

Signature Image

if it rains.... it pours :( -Dan Skelden

Not only do I love my parents, but I have a great respect for them. They gave up a lot of things so that my sister, brother and I could have a comfortable life.

When I was younger, I disliked that my parents had so much control over my life. No I could not do this, no I could not do that. I think their favorite word was no. I wanted to disobey them and do my own thing. Be my own person. Make my own decisions and mistakes. I was a fool. In the end, not only did I hurt my family, but I ended up hurting myself.

My parents are always looking out for my siblings and I. Their reasons were to protect us and for that I respect them greatly. I think about what I wanted to do back then. Honestly, if I were them, I too would probably say no. It is hard being a parent.

i love them both greatly and as time progressed that love has gotten stronger. Yes, we still get into arguments to this day, but it's kind of fun butting heads with them. They even told me that they respect me because I stand for what I believe in. Hearing that has made a great difference in my life! :)

Signature Image

* : )

bmagrl

.:hot pink cosmo:.

i know my mom the best. we get along ok, we fight , then we ignore each other, then we are back on track. i dont know my father that well . he was always out of town, for a year he worked in another state. now he is living back in China and me and my mom are here in America.
what i hate about my parents is just sometimes they just treat me really unfairly, and sometimes they just acted like they knew everything. When i get mad at them i just think that they love me and they are just trying to help me. it had been working so far.

hate is such a strong word, sure I have my problems with my parents sometimes...but I don't "hate" them

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by tenchigirl15well, I do get along with my parents verry well, and they respect me as
I respect them. :) but sometimes they can get inoying!! :P

ROFL - yeah, I'd figure that.

I'm under that same impression as well. Hehe. They can get somewhat down-right annoying. Just a little bit - but that's life. **Snickers**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by wahiawagirl78When I was younger, I disliked that my parents had so much control over my life. No I could not do this, no I could not do that. I think their favorite word was no. I wanted to disobey them and do my own thing. Be my own person. Make my own decisions and mistakes. I was a fool. In the end, not only did I hurt my family, but I ended up hurting myself.

Hey big sis, you made a very good point, and I think in general that is how kids feel about their parents without knowing too much about the circumstance. We all go through that rebellion phase when we are young, and we couldn't understand why our parents are so stubborn in controlling us. As I grew older, I understand why they acted in such way, because they do want the best for their children, they may not always do that in the right way. But they do mean well, and I don't think I could ask them to be any different, because it is hard enough to raise another human being for the first time. I really appreciate what they gave us, and I think sometimes we should be less judgemental about our parents. Of course there are times we should question their motives, and we should never allow bad parents to have the right to beat their kids. But overall, parents are doing the best job that they could do under the circumstance. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Of course LOVE :)

Of course LOVE :)

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I love my parents without a doubt. Whoelese would be there even after you did something horrible that may have affected them? Most 'friends' would just ditch you. Because you're just a friend. You can have 30 best friends all through your life, and if you've lived past the age of 15 you know that very well. Few people have their bestfriends the same person they had 5 years ago.

But your parents will always be there. They decided to bring you into the world, they decided to pay for all your needs to their best extent when you couldnt do it yourself, they loved you unconditionally, they disciplined you so you wouldnt grow up to be a wild, useless, hoodlum. They fed you, took you places you liked, places you didnt like but need (dentist, doctor..etc), they always took care of the roof over your head. Some of them even paid for your college so that you could have a future. I dont know how you could possibly "hate" them. The only times Ive heard people "hate" their parents is when they wouldnt let them go out at like midnight somewhere with some people the parents didnt know when the kid was only like 13. I had bouts when I "hated" my parents. But all that meant was that I was currently upset with them. Real hate doesnt pass in a few hours. They also taught me some vital lessons on how to live life. Lots of people grow up without knowing how to avoid common mistakes such as serious debt, falling for a loser, not managing your time...etc.

Yes sometimes I was a little upset with my parents. But frankly that was something so insignificant for all the wisdom and care that i recieved. Its like I traded a quarter for a million dollars. It didnt cost me much to live with them. A little emotional strain yes. But they had to give up almost 20% of their earnings for me. And all they got in return was my spoilt whining about how life was so unfair with them. So unfair that i never had to worry about food, shelter, love, or support. They gave up a lot of things and I barely gave up anything. Few people will do that for you, a friend will never support you for 18 of your years and put up with emotional strain with it. Your parents will.

I hope my children someday (when im married and have some) will understand. Even if they dont understand until they're 20, it still makes a difference to me.

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

i love my parents. they do so much for me. i feel overproteced somtimes but they r just worried. i luv them with all my heart and couldnt ask 4 anything more.

I love my parents 4ever!They are so kind to me,and my dad for me just like a friend!!!!!!Haha!^_^

Try to be cool but..... Try to be easy but..... So I still do myself !!!

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

i have already said somthing look at the other post.my dad keeps making me mad,somtimes hes ok,but mostly bugging me whit stuff like what r you gonna do home? you keep playing computer all day go out side,and stuff BUT i dont get the chance to play all day

It is time for you to drown

well....I love my parents ^^ especially my dad ^^ he is a softy =) but my mom is also great =)

Shiz

Harmless Ronin

I love my parents very much but depends on situation, i hate them but it was never more then a day XP

my father: he is a very kind father although he is a bit quiet, didnt talk much and always sticks on schedule but he taught me a lot of things and help me out on my problems and never fails to solve it . overtime he is quite a smoker but he has reduced smoking a lot then he in his 30's.

my mother: my mother is very caring and the closest to me.Even so..we always argue but it seems she is teaching me to argue and have my own thinking? ^_^' my mom talks a lot and she never fails to care for me when i was sick, injured etc..

My relationship with my parents is horrible........I honestly cant wait till I move out of my house, when I leave, Im never coming back thats for sure. I love my father, but I hate my mother, she has made my life a living hell, and I wish I didnt have to see her face again...she has told me the most horrible things...I have even wished her dead....although...its just my anger speaking...but I do wish I didnt have to see her ever again.............. :sweat:

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.