Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Warning To PSP Buyers... - Minitokyo

Warning To PSP Buyers...

page 1 of 1 19 total items

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I'm as psyched as the next guy about the PSP, and I want one, but I'm gonna wait for a bit before I get one. As you probably know, there have been problems with the screen, like dead pixels. What has been little published, however, is the issue with the square button. It's not always responsive, and can tend to stick. Sony has acknowledged this fact, and says they won't shrink the screen to fix it ('cause it's a proximity problem).

So, I'm gonna see if it's fixed for NA, and if not, will we have enough pull to change it. What 'bout you guys?

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

hahaha I thought you were talking about Paint Shop Pro so I was like....wtf is THAT supposed to mean as I read through it. Then I saw "sony" and was like OHHHHH,

But back on topic.
Yes, its always best to wait a little bit to buy a gaming system. Since the system hasnt been mass tested, there are bound to be little buggies running around.

I usually wait at least half a year so that they can send out new stock, with little tweaks in it.

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

Don't forget the issue where twisting the PSP the wrong way will automatically eject the disk. I've seen it happen, and while it is funny, it's not exactly something that you'd want to occur mid-game.

but ive heard that advent children is coming out for the psp first as one of their launch gimmicks

I don't think thats the case. Advent Children isn't even finished yet. That and the PSP is released in japan already. No one even knows when Advent children will hit in Japan let alone anywhere else.

On topic though. Its always best not to get the systems when they are new. They always have more problems on the first run. I learned my lesson when the PS2 first came out. With in a few months it was DOA.

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by damascusxiebut ive heard that advent children is coming out for the psp first as one of their launch gimmicks

Ah I doubt that one. I think that they're going to launch simultaniously, but that's IMO. However, as much as I wanna see AC, I'm not willin' to drop a few hundred dollars to see it.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by 1darkangelOn topic though. Its always best not to get the systems when they are
new. They always have more problems on the first run.

Agreed - the Beta tests were a little too hasty, I'll admit - but no system is always perfect in its first trial. I'm sure by the time it hits North America, all the minor problems will be fixed by then.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Quote by aemilDon't forget the issue where twisting the PSP the wrong way will automatically eject the disk. I've seen it happen, and while it is funny, it's not exactly something that you'd want to occur mid-game.

That was a fake. The dude pressed on the eject button. Ppl made that video to convince others that the PSP spits out the disk by itself, but it later turned out to be a hoax.

As for the square button: I heard it gets better the longer you use it. It should become looser. I don't have a PSP myself yet, but thats what my friends told me.

Be Free and Masturbate

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by CelessaAgreed - the Beta tests were a little too hasty, I'll admit - but no system is always perfect in its first trial. I'm sure by the time it hits North America, all the minor problems will be fixed by then.

I'm hoping that's the case. However, Sony has clearly stated that it's the way it's designed, and has sent back PSPs that got sent in, refusing to fix them. This is the first time I've seen Sony treat it's fans like Nintendo... (yes... I'm a little disgruntled for certain reasons...)

HTML Coding Hates Me...

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

Quote by dutchforce

Quote by aemilDon't forget the issue where twisting the PSP the wrong way will automatically eject the disk. I've seen it happen, and while it is funny, it's not exactly something that you'd want to occur mid-game.

That was a fake. The dude pressed on the eject button. Ppl made that video to convince others that the PSP spits out the disk by itself, but it later turned out to be a hoax.

Not entirely true...

From gamespot.com:
"As to the flying-disc glitch, we were brave enough to use one of our precious PSP units to test the theory. We stabilized the unit with our left hand, turned forward ever so slightly with our right and--SHAZAM!--out the disc popped."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/17/news_6115293.html

MadTeaParty

Madam

I'm going to wait to get a PSP only because I want to see what my friends think of it. There's also the issue that I'm going to need to save up some money. Hopefully, by the time I'm able to afford one, all the issues will be worked out if there are any.

Seeing the ambitious game lineup and capabilities planned for the PSP, I don't think Sony will skimp on perfecting their system, but I could be wrong.

i was thinking that is important thing

i dont know about it cos i didnt buy it yet

Any body know what the battery life is like?

Does waiting for it to reach UK shores count as waiting after it's realease? I'm sure it'll be at least 15 years before it makes it here -_-
at least we get a version with some bugs worked out hopefilly and thanks for teh warning.

kumilove

kumilove

Angel of Death with 8 Vectors

i got one for christmas last year, import. works fine for me. battery life is about 6 hours for music, and about 3 and a half if im playing ridge racers. i didnt have the dead pixel problem like others. just cant wait till advent children comes out for it too

Don't forget the fact that Sony has a history of having their products come out with some flaws on their first launch. I had the PS2 at launch as well as my friend and we both had the flaw where the laser would eventualy not be able to read certain disks and had them for the recal to get the better model. I am sure PSP is going to be the same way.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by StarblazeDon't forget the fact that Sony has a history of having their products come out with some flaws on their first launch. I had the PS2 at launch as well as my friend and we both had the flaw where the laser would eventualy not be able to read certain disks and had them for the recal to get the better model. I am sure PSP is going to be the same way.

I have had mine since launch, and I guess I missed that recall memo... That'll explain why it's acting like a tempermental paperweight now! x_x

HTML Coding Hates Me...

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

Well...seeing as how just about every Sony gaming device has had a problem so far, I would wait too. I work at Gamestop and I see more PS2s come back defective than all of the other systems combined! I think PSX had a problem with disc read error and ppl had to flip the system upside down. PS2...nuff said. PS2 mini apparently overheats and stuff. Hopefully Sony gets their act together with these crap products.

Signature

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

the ps2's lifetime is designed for 1 year, and since the psp's already been launched in japan, i think all of the issues have been kinked out for now...

and back to the ps2 thing, if one takes proper care of the ps2, one shouldn't have a problem with it being defective

my friend has had his since launch, no issues at all

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.