Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Low-def TV on an HDTV - Minitokyo

Low-def TV on an HDTV

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I have noticed that watching regular low-definition TV channels on a HDTV looks better if I use the s-video connection than either the DVI or component inputs. More specifically, the picture looks blockier (more quantized) than the s-video, which is more smoothed out . This is really annoying since it means that I need to switch back and forth all the time.

Does anyone know a way to make the picture look better on regular stations when running on the DVI connection? I don't know if the problem is in the cable box when it up-converts the signal. It may be that it's simply stretching the existing pixels, thus creating sharp boundaries and the blocky look.

Signature Image

umm
I have my HDTV set up so that when I'm on the HD channels I'm using my DIVI connection (I hit bypass and up on my remote) and when I'm watching normal TV I'm just using the standard coax from the digital box....and I have my Xbox as Component 1 and all my other systems in vid 1 hooked up through s-video....

you won't get better pictures in HD mode while watching non HD channels
tis that simple

what we do in life echoes through eternity
(I'll add a new sig img as soon as the update works again)

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.