Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar? - Minitokyo

How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar?

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 238 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Well - I've decided to post up this fun little thread here, and I hope this doesn't offend anybody, really. I'm simply curious, of course.

First of all - to the guys who use avatars of girls pretty much, what's the reason behind it, and why?

And to the rest of the people - how would you react if you came across a guy who likes to use an avatar of a girl within a forum, from time to time?

Do you get confused or surprised when you realize they are really a guy behind the profile? What's your opinion? Thanks for the responses - I appreciate it of course, as always. Take care.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Well, girls do tend to look nice in avatars, but it could be something to do with it being a favourite character from an anime series in which the more prominent ones are female. I don't personally think anything of it in the same way that if I see a female with a male in their avatar, I don't really notice it as anything different.
It does sometimes give you a base for a guess of the sex of someone before you know for sure. There were one or two people who thought I was female [including you as I remember :p] as I had the Tamaki Nami avatar.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

well im a guy. i have made avatars of women/girls that i have found attractive. so i don't have a problem but can see how on occasion confusion can set in. sometimes you tink the person's really a girl when their a guy and vice versa..

so nope i don't have any problems with it so ever- and if you are dubious you can always go check out their userpage..

i just assume everyone is a she-male at first that way im at least half right XD
some ppl i could tell were guys or girls right away though....even with their avatars...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Lilith-Aensland

Lilith-Aensland

The Sinner

I don't see anything strange in that.
I'm a girl and use avatars of guys so why should I criticize them? XD

The only thing that i don't like is when they use nicknames of feminine characters,vips,idols,etc.I really get confused with that x_x (this is also for girls who use nicknames of male characters)

Signature Image

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

boahahaha
*point at his ava*
yes
first time it looks like confusing
im also use girl ava from hack liminality at first time >_<
but like dream said
u can always check their user page xD
but that also dun make sure if the person u see is male or female
its internet world btw
XD

so for me doesnt matter~
as long as that prob doesnt get u into trouble >D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Holt

Holt

pffft

I think it's pretty confusing but it doesn't matter that much. I've always thought people's avatar would show a bit about themselves. And gender's a pretty basic thing.

Signature Image

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Lol! Its ok as long as they clearly state they r males! Most reason is those female avatar r their fav*! I meet some.......ppl who r males who put female avatars and they say they r females! >_< Its quite disgusting! Don't u think so!?

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

<lol> I thought Sammo was a girl because of his avvy way back when.. for the longest time.. XD (okay, maybe not 'longest', but it was a while before i realised otherwise). I wasn't surprised when I found out. ^_^' But just felt a bit stupid.

well....it's a bit confused..sometimes.....but for me it isn't a big prob. >.>
i got more probs...with...girls using some guy avatar......it says that person is a guy ....and then =X......my fault >_< Gomen it was a girl~! >.>.... so....it depends

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by Aa-chanThere were one or two people who thought I
was female [including you as I remember :p] as I had the Tamaki Nami

Haha - but she looked so nice though, believe me.

Quote by bucket-shot<lol> I thought Sammo was a girl because of his avvy way back when..
for the longest time.. XD (okay, maybe not 'longest', but it was a
while before i realised otherwise). I wasn't surprised when I found
out. ^_^' But just felt a bit stupid.</lol>

ROFL - geez bucket-shot, I once was confused with afan's avatar one time, no offense. I thought afan was a girl all this time until I looked up his profile and went crazy, of course.

Then again, I could say the same for ex-paranoia - but they aren't around. Haha - wow - so many responses. I see some people have something to say about this matter as well. Thanks for the quick responses. lol - interesting to read, actually.

I understand it as well when certain guys do this sort of thing - and its quite normal for me. Heck - I've been to forums with guys posting up popular Japanese female models in their avatars - and no one seemed to care. It looked quite nice, to be honest with you.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

It's an avatar, some use it to annoy people, some use it because it looks cool and some simply don't know it's gender.....(hahaha)

If my avatar would reflect me .. I would be a skinny white guy with a serious neck problem.
Holy dang dang, call me Betty <grin>

Now if MT was a dating site I would feel very ... very disturbed.

So really I don't mind.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

haha i have a list of all the ppl used i mixed up their gender because of their avys XD
lets see...
EDIT:
kc2
Oracle angel
buckie
korgano
keough
dream
cel
khriss
cldmani
afan

hehe i think thats all of them...no offense but your posts didnt help determine ur gender for me either...haha had to look at your userpage XD

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Masarusu

Masarusu

HUG ME! PM me hugs!

well....im a guy and i use a girlish avy (ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew....even though you cant really see it....its just an eye! xD )

i am also bi, so i do have a feminine(sp?) side to me. So when i start to act cutesy, i tend to feel that people think im a girl, but in reality, im a male with a HUGE problem, xD

But to answer the poll, i dont mind if guys use girl avies, or girls use guy avies

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I don't really mind having a female for an avatar at all. However, I really don't have an explanation behind that.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

who wo ahhhh eeerrrrrrrrrr.... ermmm me??haha just for the fun of it.......its an avatar not a picture of urself dont see how it affects in any way posibble

Kimaris

Kimaris

Still rolling on

Well, I'm a guy and not only have i put a girl on my Avit but I've also called myself after her, (she's my absolute favorite character ever!!!!!!! GO hinata!! GO!! ...sorry, got over excited).
However on my userpage it does clearly say I'm male-16-UK.
If anyone has a problem with my name or avit then they can put it where the sun don't shine because I don't care what they think (IMO).
And i don't mind if a guy uses a girl/girlish avit, sig or name or Vica versa. It is their choice afterall.
HINATA 4 EVER!!!!

*yawn*
=================================================================
A member of the [Naruto Fan Group] and [MT-UK]

I'd put my right hand on their left shoulder, look down and shake my head slowly. Then I put my hands over their ears and pull them close and give them a passionate kiss.

Well not really XP I don't really care if people use avatars of the opposite gender, it seems quite common actually. It's not like I'm flirting with everyone who uses a girl avatar or something. Sometimes you can tell whether they're male or female from their user name, nickname, or user title too. There's also whether they're always idolizing over girls or not too.

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

i always forget they're actually guys ^_^
but i dont see anything wrong with it, gals use guy avatars too.
see me*

well, anyway celes-kun, u noe me right? ^_^'

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

Im a guy and usually i use girlish avatar because i like more of the standard men avatars but anyway when i play the rpg i always use a girl character...because is more fun :D and if im lucky the story is better...anyway.....i love my girlish avatars :D

doesn't matter at all, since we can see the "real" gender on member index. after seeing this thread, make me wonder to change my avatar :nya: .

Signature

HamsterJohn

HamsterJohn

Defender of ur Mom

It's just a pic...shouldn't look too deep into such things......(that's what the signature's for, I believe))

000011111 11110000111 000111 111 111 !!!!oneone one

Stop wasting the internet!

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by Khrissi always forget they're actually guys ^_^
but i dont see anything wrong with it, gals use guy avatars too.
see me*

well, anyway celes-kun, u noe me right? ^_^'

lol Khriss - yeah, I know about ya alright. Good times! **Snickers**

Signature

i don't mind ppl using girlish avatar.........its quite normal actually......say me for example, im using a girlish eye for my avatar......big deal, people have their like and dislike, they don't want other ppl's opinion on that :)

Signature

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 238 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.