Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar? - Minitokyo

How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar?

page 10 of 10 « Previous 1... 6 7 8 9 10 238 total items

greypaladin

Knight Errant

Don't Know. Have no opinion.

Seriously. It doesnt really matter who or what you have for an avatar (or even IF you have one) to me. It should be something that reflects you and what you like. (If you like to look at cute girls then go for it...)

I find it suprising that anyone really would be bothered by it...

To Stand Between The Darkness And The Light....
To Stand On The Bridge And None May Pass...
To Stand Between The Candle And The Star...

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Avatars represent something not necessarily someone. It shouldn't make a difference what you use as long as you are sending the message you want to send. With that in mind, I would not read a person's gender into their avatar. I generally assume it shows a fondness for the character, art style, etc....

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Quote by wolfcoAvatars represent something not necessarily someone.

Gotta agree with that statement, there. You can't really make an impression of what a person is like through their avatars. You'd have to get to know them to find out what they are really like.

As for a reason for using them, I use mine because it is of something I like. I'm not sure what others' reasons are for using them, but that's mine. ^_^

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

ghaleon1103

ghaleon1103

layer 11: INFORNOGRAPHY

I'm a guy, and my avatar is Lain, a girl. I'm a big fan of the Serial Experiments: Lain world, and I don't make it any kind of secret that I'm a guy in my posts. You fairly often find guys whose avatars are girls they find attractive. While I'm not attracted to Lain, she's a cool character and so I have no qualms about using her for my avatar. So in short, I have no problem with guys using girls as their avatars... provided they're not trying to pretend to be something they're not.

Quote: I generally assume it shows a fondness for the character, art style, etc....

^ I couldn't have said it better myself.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

slightly disturbed................unless of course the person really liked/loved the ish avatar.
and they were expressing it through the avatar somehow. although my avatar is Tsukasa from .hack// and is a . But it's not very evident and i'm trying to find a better one soon. (hopefully Kenshin)

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

I don't mind it.... and i don't care about it..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

I dun reali mind n my reason is because i m a guy n i m too lazy 2 find gd pics of guys 4 my avatar(Dun think there r much around these days) Lantis from MKR looked cool but pics of him r hard 2 find. Wats more i dun get the "thrill" :) ;) when i see guy pics (unless the guy is reali cool-looking like Sol Badguy n Ky from Guiltly gear) as compared 2 female pics. So basically, i prefer female anime pics n am lazy 2 find male ones.....must have beated round the bush but said the same thing ^_^'... x_x Femail chars r also genearlly drawn with more effort (better quality)...

Nisna

Nisna

~ Meow ~

I think it has nothing shocking... I'm a girl and my vatar has Lyserg, who is a boy... is that maybe shocking too? I don't think so, we can choose as avatar whatever we want!!!
:hmpf:

itsDchlorine

itsDchlorine

The Yin & The Yang

Just because I'm some guy, I can't use my ava? Because it might confuse some person of my gender? Let me ask you this arent we all confused anyways? Like about life, about ourselves, why are we going to make it harder by worrying about someone else? Just my thoguths and girls ava look cute!!

It doesn't really matter to me at all whether your avatar determines your gender or such. look at my avatar. I just happen to like it that's all.

Heh, this question is rather interesting.

I usually do see a lot of males use female images as their avatar. Perhaps it's because of the number of times I've seen them that makes it seem normal to me. It's probably just because the male wants to look at that person all day long, LOL.

However, there is one thing I must say. I remember mistaking males for females on certain forums because of their avatar selection :D .

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

i have one for my avatar
do you have problem with that?
makie is so much cuter than some guy

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

I relly have no problem with this at all... it will only depends on how he will do it ;)

Some mistakes are too cruel to make it twice...

Signature

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

im not phased by it, it all depends on the persons handle as well. But then if you know wat sex the person is then it doesnt matter but sometimes you may go, oh its actually a guy xD

Signature Image

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

I am a guy using a girlish avatar

Signature Image

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

me getting ppl's genders mixed up cause of this happens quite often :X in the end i'll always refer to them with 'him/her/it' just to be safe XD

Signature

aog506

~Burn It All~

I don't think it really matters

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

girls looks best so put it in the signature instead ^^

This is why l don't use Advisor offten in Fourms :D
And also last be not least, I don't think it really matters :D

A guy using a girly avatar wouldn't weird me out--just confuse me. I'd keep forgetting that it was a guy and not a girl, lol.

skh

Infamous Leecher

Ah, my avatar is also a girl... But do you really think Guu is girlish ?

I really dont care... as long as it looks nice and doesnt scare someone off.

Who cares if its girly.... if someone who actually picks at those things exist. They seriously should go and run themselves into the wall at full speed, cuz they're just being pricks or they're jealous of how the guy got a really cute girlish icon as their own. :)

page 10 of 10 « Previous 1... 6 7 8 9 10 238 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.