Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar? - Minitokyo

How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar?

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 238 total items

blackchii

blackchii

Enjou no Kougyoku

well the same thing goes to mmorpg when LOTS of male playing as female char.. same as me -_-, I don't mind using female ava though I'm male, since boys pic somewhat awkward for me >_>. Female ava also much cuter

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Everyone's doing it. Even I do it sometimes. Why bother?

Oh, you don't wanna ask how would w react when a girl use a guy-ish avatar?

well.. i think its okay... i myself use girl characters sometimes... im a straight guy by the way... i guess i just find women cool thats all... =)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by mindolluinFor me.. i dun really mind having a female avatar =P becoz female
avatars looks beautiful XD and as for the male avatars they look cool!
so it goes either way. of coz i have a hard time remembering who is
male or female XD *im kinda blur *

lol - A really big blur indeed, depending on how they act online quite often and such. It's quite true that some people's gender are diffcult to tell, behind the avatar.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I know its normal for guys, but I'll get confused and thought that certain person is a girl (if i know who is that person =)

lens-seph

lens-seph

-Planeswalker-

lol..I don't mind at all. ^^ Personally, I use guys for avatars and girls for signatures... ^^;

Signature

Can't fight internet freedom.

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

Ah.......I don't know. I think is OK is a guy wants to use a girl avatar, hell I do that. Not here of course but in others forums I do. I have an avatar and a signature of "Amazing Nurse Nanako" because I think is funny. I used to have a Transformer avatar in the page I use these ones but I change them. Again because I think is funny.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Wild_Magnus/nanakoavatar.jpg
This is my avatar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Wild_Magnus/NanakoSig3.jpg
This is my signature.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Chani

Dune Master

Well, I use a girl picture as avatar, because, i find it more plaisant to look.
I use a girl "name", beacause it's à nick i find beautiful, and i use it on several forum. It' the first nickname i use when i came on th first forum i participate. (It remember me some nice moment of reading, because this name was use in Dune cycle from Frank Herbert)

.: JPOP FANS | French Tribu | Anime Paradise | MtnOOb club| Chaos Cross group|Doujinshi support club|English Club :.
Pour des conseils sur les regles generales, allez voir N00b Bible #1.
Pour des conseils sur le forum, allez voir N00b Bible #2.
Pour des conseils sur les groupes, allez voir N00b Bible #3.
[c] Aa-chan

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

I guess I wouldn't be affected by it much.. people have their freedom!!besides I also use a girl pic avatar =p
the main thing is that you feel it is ok~ if characters were harmed in the making.. its good already! ~_~

true it may be confusing... but remember their nicks to tell the gender~ since nicks here can't be changed but avatars can ^^

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Quote by Celessa ... - to the guys who use avatars of girls pretty much, what's the reason behind it, and why?"

Everyone has their reasons, I'm sure. A favorite character, perhaps, from an anime with a dynamic female character.
Or the avatar might just have special meaning to the person using it ^^
There are a number of reasons for my avatar.

Quote by Celessa
And to the rest of the people - how would you react if you came across a guy who likes to use an avatar of a girl within a forum, from time to time?
Do you get confused or surprised when you realize they are really a guy behind the profile? What's your opinion? Thanks for the responses - I appreciate it of course, as always. Take care.

I never had a problem with it - even before I did it. It teaches one not to judge a book by the cover, ne? ^^

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by WMagnusAh.......I don't know. I think is OK is a guy wants to use a girl
avatar, hell I do that. Not here of course but in others forums I do. I
have an avatar and a signature of "Amazing Nurse Nanako" because I
think is funny. I used to have a Transformer avatar in the page I use
these ones but I change them. Again because I think is funny.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Wild_Magnus/nanakoavatar.jpg
This is my avatar.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Wild_Magnus/NanakoSig3.jpg
This is my signature.

lol - interesting to think about it for a while though, ne? I'm not ashamed of guys using female avatars - really. But while they are posting and you automatically assume they are a female just because of the avatar on display always kind of puzzled a lot of people out. Freaked? Maybe - but not to a point of insanity and utter madness, lol - Seen it happen oh too often indeed.

Anyways. My friend has those kinds of avatar / signatures too. lol - Nice pictures, by the way.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Sandra

Sandra

.:: Haya karo waru karo ::.

Confused. It's hard to keep reminding myself that they are guys.

I'm confused in situation like that because i must look at informations and see Oww this is a guy !

Signature

Quote by CelessaROFL - Star, my friend. **Cries** I thought you were a girl
because of that avy too! **Places her head in the pillow and sobs,
drained with emotional tears** Why? Why?? lol **Jumps back up**
I'm cool with that though. No need to feel embarassed. I was just being
honest when I told ya I thought you were a girl as well. No worries
though - I never meant to offend you at all, not one bit, really. It's
your choice after all there, ne? Haha - but still, I don't mind - to me
StarCentury is just a man to impress the ladies, and you do it so well,
believe me. **Snickers**

That's okay, Celessa! No offense taken at all! :) Wow, I never pictured myself as a ladies man, since I'm a very shy person in real life! XD LOL I should make another female avy to impress even more female MT members! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! :nya: Man, I love MT! ;)

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

I don't think I would care if there was a guy using a girl avatar - I don't think I would even notice! I don't tend to think, honestly, what sex everyone is on here, just people who I seem to make friends with, and if they're guys with girlie avatars well, so be it!

Can you imagine, if i was iffy about it, I would be like "dude, change your avatar, its making me think you're weird" - it won't go down too well!

Its the same as if some girl was to have her fave boy band member on her avatar...would it be weird for her to use a guy, even if she's not him or whatever? Guys won't find it that weird because they expect all crazed girls to be more openly affectionate over guys, whereas its probably more typical for a guy to have a hot chick on theirs to show how cool they are or whatever.

I frankly don't want to irritate anyone, its just the way I see it :) and I know not everyone is likethat, but nevertheless, we're looking at a stereotypical female/male view contrasting again!

But otherwise, I wouldn't care - people can do what they want and have what avatar they want to!
Stolen-chan
x

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

I am a guy and clearly the being in my avie is a girl. I don't really give much thought to gender online, we are all people...

I frequent a forum in which a mod on it always has a yaoi avatar. Whether it be to men kissing, or en a questionable position. I dont' have a problem with it, even if I did its not his fault if I don't like it, its mine.

Why do I have this avatar? No reason really, I just like it and the character in it. This is the avatar I made that I use on almost all the other forums I frequent...I just don't like how it looks when its the small avie size allowed by MT

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/5109/wip4big5jd.gif

Do I mind if I am precieved as a girl? Not really, its just gender, I actually have been mistaken for a girl before online, but its not big deal...

Signature

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

I think that if a guy puts up a girly avatar, it just means they like the pic... well thats my opinion ^^ so i find it normal

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

I think that if a guy puts up a girly avatar, it just means they like the pic... well thats my opinion ^^ so i find it normal

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

I used to always think Bromithia was a chick. But then i found out that bromithia was a guy. I was very shocked XD

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

well, used to, i believe i would be a bit shocked to c guys using girl avatars, when i was new in MT ^^ i remember when i thought Korgie was a girl, lol. got a bit shocked to say the least when i found out hes a guy ^^' but now, its a common thing ^^' its alright with me now.

Quote by StarCenturyI remember using a dancing girl as my avy! Xanders, of all members,
thought I was a girl with my avy! He found out when I made a thread saying that I'm losing my hair, remember! ^_^' I believe his quote was, "I thought you were a gal, a lady, a femme-fetale, but nooooo! You're a bald man! XD LMAO Boy, was I embarassed! Anyhoo, because of that I decided to use guy avys, sometimes ask einna to make one for me! Well, to answer your question, Celessa, I would have to choose "Confused", even though I check their userpages first before assuming what gender they are! Easier for me, I guess! :)

lol, o yea, i remember that thread and ur girl avvie XD lol, ooooo thats y u started to change ur av to a guy av ^^'

Quote by Chopstickz

Quote by OracleAngelLike ME for instance hence the girl angel sig and
Im 99% a male! the rest is just acute paranoia
schizophrenia....

OA is a guy..? >_> *adds another person to the mistaken gender list* ^_^' hehe sorry

whoa, OA is a guy?! though i dunno him except hes a waller, i always thought hes a girl. my bad, whoops ^^'

Signature

Tes

Ichi-nii

Simple. Girls look better on avatars - hands down.
^
Girls look better and they're cute! KAWAII!
Its tends to be normal.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Honestly I have used girlish avatars and have yet to see girls in real life around these areas. As such I believe everyone to be a girl because I love to delude myself. And remember DeNile is not just a river in Egypt

I've always used girls for avatars. And usually for sigs too... They just look better, imo. Don't know why.

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

I don't really mind, however, it does confuse me and has got me into embarrasing situations in other forums. But well, now I know I have to check the userpages before assuming anything.

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 238 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.