Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar? - Minitokyo

How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar?

page 5 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 238 total items

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

*looks around embarrased*
Well I use one because Lady Une is my favourite character... I was thinking not long ago about my avi and whether or not I should use a male character... however I Don't like any ><. I will read this thread and it may force my hand to get a new avi :(

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

XavierCrow

From Angel to Vigilante

Hmm... I dunno... I think an avatar is quite important, actually. Because we can't see eachother's faces (for the most part), we automatically build an assocciation between the avatar and that person, so if an avatar is feminine, then you're going to be suprised when you find out it's a bloke, or vice-versa. Meh, it doesn't bother me, but I would put the effort into finding a masculine avatar just to prevent the confusion.... especially considering I have a ponytail and people often mistake me for a girl when I'm looking in the opposite direction... *sigh*

In the end, all there is, is what exists and what we believe or perceive is true... and there's no distinctions between the two.
- Myself

anfrey

kuchiki rukia turns me on

what about ppl like me who like to change avatars all the time?? to me an av is further insight into the mind of another member... u get to see what they like, what they dislike, and small personal things about them. for example, my av lets u know that i've got quite an enfatuation with rukia.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

The question is stereotypical, using the "matchbox for boys barbie doll for girls" rule. Boys who using girl avatar aren't have any sexual identity problem, they simply like the picture, and using them cuz looks cute. Same reason for the girls. Simple, ne? Be honest I don't think any boy want to be girl here or any girl wish to be a boy, just 'cuz they using different genders avatar picture. Would be better if boys put cars and girls flowers only in their avatar? xp

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

DarkChronos

DarkChronos

The Wicked One This Way Comes

I dunno, it doesn't matter to me, really. I tend to see a lot of really pretty female avatars used by guys, and if anything, I admire them for their great design skills, lol. The only time I'd a little freaked out would be if some guy said, "Look at the girl on my avatar! She's pretty, just like meeeee!!!!" And even then, I'd probably just laugh it off, lol. ^_^

~Ahh...can I obtain a feeling that's somewhere close to magic?~

Signature
http://www.livejournal.com/users/new_facades

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

I wouldn't mind if I saw one, because I sometimes use a female avatar at another site. why do I use one, because the girl is cute and pretty. it doesn't reflect upon the user all the time. but it sometimes does feel weird because others don't know the real person. but sometimes i can easily tell what the person is by seeing their username.

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

Personally I don't really think it matters if a guy decides to use a girl in his avatar. It's all about each individual's personality. Some find it cool to use a masculine avatars to portray strength, valor, or bravery; and others use feminine avatars to represent beauty or grace. It's all about how someone chooses to represent him or herself online.

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

I don't mind it, but it does become very confusing for me! I tend to assume things based on how the person speaks in posts and on their av-icon. XP It's a bad habit.... -_- But, Nevertheless, I do that.
I think that it's fine, except that it can be confusing, indeed. ^^
-Li-

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

livewild

Nani?

I always been using avatars of anime girls in my messenger as well as on forums...I just think that they are very attartative and it also let's everyone see what sorta things I watch really...:) (I wasn't trying to be a ecchi then, but i think it's cool anyway teehee..^_^)

Not to mention they look reallly cute anyway and the one's I've seen on here are also kawaiiiii or hot... ^_^

Bando - "When you get in a bind, call me. I will kill them all."

Bleach rulllzzz!! ^_^ yyeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!

^_^

crovmon

*hug*

Well, if the name and the avatar or both very girly, I do tend to get mixed up. But then again, I also like using Sakura now and then as an avatar. So I guess that makes me the same. I dont really mind either or whatever, but I have to admit it confuses me since I often tend to assume those with girls as avatar, (especially if I dont recognize them from any anime Ive seen) are girls, when the name/behaviour doesnt contradict it. =)

Ah well, it's not that big a deal, but can lead to funny situations sometimes.

I once knew a guy online for like several, (know as in chatting intensively about Rockman and the game etc.) and I have to say I was very surprised when at one point I realized that "he" had to be a girl... =)

"Yami no chikara o himeshi kagi yo!
Shin no sugata o ware no mae ni shimese!
Keiyaku no moto Sakura ga meijiru!
RIRISU!"
-Sakura Kinomoto

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. If you feel you relate to a character, it doesn't matter the character's gender. It's what you feel.

I get grief on Gaia often because my avatar's a male avatar and I'm very clearly female. :P

Whosoever hath this Stone, may live in a healthful state, to the last term of his Life, appointed to him by God, and may have all whatsoever he desires on Earth. -- A Work of Saturn; Johann Isaac Hollandus

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

lol.. yea, that didnt really bother me much but it does makes you think through.. I fought bucky at first was a guy and dommi was a girl. lol... but hey whatever, its just an icon that defines you here.. XD

ps. I also fought kitten was a boy for along time since her profile saids shes a he... XD lol.. but then again, hmm.. would a boy get a name that saids kitten and had a girly-ish icon back when i know her... lol.. I'm just slow.. XD

Signature

don't mind, Girls do look better hands down hands up, anyway u put a girl LOL :)

xd

bookworm

bookworm

Book Master

If I saw a huy using a girlish avator I'd properly not notice. There is no gender boundaries for what type of avators you use...(another reason why i wouldn't care is because i can't tell the difference >.< ! so can someone explain the differences?)

I would rather be a poor, poor begger in a cottage full of books, than someone who has no desire to read...

destati

Yuusha-Oh

*shrugs* One of my best guy friends always uses a girl avatar on AIM and forums and such, so I don't even really notice it.

MystikJ

MystikJ

lurker...

i know this guy on another forums who uses girl avatars all the time. so everyone always assumes hes a girl at first ^_^;; but come to think about it, usually the ones that have avatar girls are guys and the ones with avatar guys are girls. like most of the time, my avatar always features a guy ;)

Signature
"Your character must be above suspicion and you must be truthful and self controlled."

more recently...its seems that there are more people using avy's of people of different gender than themselves..getting a bit confusing to know whose a boy and whose a girl
luckily for me i can usually remember after finding out....usually :P

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

i dun really mind about it much,
i will also put girl avatar if it is nice and pretty.... ^^"

The fragments of summer will jump open and break out,
and rain upon the sparkling sky, the sea, and the world.

hey i dont mind let them do what they want.

Well I don't know how to say..........cause I have a lot of guy friends who have girl avas and sigs. I actually thought one of my guy friends was a girl because of his sig and ava. But I guess I just got used to it....... I think.....

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

Alishachan~ talking bout me??hahahaha ~_~ yes im girly so what hahahaha check out gender of your brain post see my results ...-_-''

Quote by diamarrrAlishachan~ talking bout me??hahahaha ~_~ yes im girly so what hahahaha check out gender of your brain post see my results ...-_-''

No I'm not talking about you! Well I did think you were a girl in the first place......... but that's why I checked your userpage! It's not you trust me.

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

hahaha yup yup =D i know .....just wanted to post after you ;) :nya:

page 5 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 238 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.