Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scanner recommendations < $150? - Minitokyo

Scanner recommendations < $150?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

hi, i am looking to purchase a good scanner. my limit is $150, although i would prefer to spend around $100- 110.

i will be mainly scanning artwork and will need to be able to create images at high resolutions.

i am thinking of an Epson from this list.. PC WORLD

any suggestions are appreciated.. :)
merci

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I have a Canon LiDe20, which I got for $40 about 2 years ago. It works nice, and it's very slim, although it's somewhat slow and noisy. Quality is good, although I generally don't scan above 300dpi because the filesize gets large and the time to scan takes forever. My mom has a LiDe30 she got for around $60 and it's very similar to the 20, but you can scan at a higher resolution and it's a bit faster. There are a bunch of other LiDe models available, at varying prices and with a variety of features, so chances are you'll find one at the right price with the right set of features.

HP has some nice scanners, you will probably find one for a good deal that can produce quality scans.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by Tama-NekoI have a Canon LiDe20, which I got for $40 about 2 years ago. It works nice, and it's very slim, although it's somewhat slow and noisy. Quality is good, although I generally don't scan above 300dpi because the filesize gets large and the time to scan takes forever. My mom has a LiDe30 she got for around $60 and it's very similar to the 20, but you can scan at a higher resolution and it's a bit faster. There are a bunch of other LiDe models available, at varying prices and with a variety of features, so chances are you'll find one at the right price with the right set of features.

as far as I experienced, Canon LiDEs have some color mismatches when marqueeing an area in the scanner preview window.... thus the end result may slightly vary in color tones, which is not fit for my personal preference....
this also happened with the latest, and topmost model of those, the 9900F (around $300), which I am currently using @ the office... also when scanning film negatives
for color matching, I say I go with Epson Perfection line... they are good, not the cheapest, but color is very good, and details are captured well.
To get something between Epson and Canon, I'd go for HP Scanjet (not the newest model), and UMAX scanners (most compatible for Mac environments)

I myself use an old HP scanjet 5000p right now,...
it's damn slow (p stands for parallel connection omg T_T ), but the quality is very good, you can see some of my self-scanned pictures in my galleries...
it's still capable of scanning up to 1200dpi :)

Hope that helps

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

:( don't ask me about this kind of thing
I just buy the one that is cool looking or have a cool name :)

ozma255

ozma255

Vectorman!

Try HP or Epson scanners, I think they are good and you might find a good one for your price range. :)

Signature

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

i have an hp2120 all-in-one and it's really nice.

it scans and prints, but one of the things i really like about it is the "copy" feature that lets you use it like a copy machine (that way if you need to copy something you don't need to wait for the scan, then move it into another program, then make sure it fits on the page... assuming your computer is behaving and you can even get that far).

so yeah, it gets high marks from me. my friends liked it so much that two of them went out and bought the same model after they saw mine =)

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

Quote by outofphasei have an hp2120 all-in-one and it's really nice.

I personally stay far away from "all-in-ones"

I've always liked what epson has to offer in the scanning and printers area. For scanners, I have an old 1620? I think? Anyways it works really good.

When looking for a scanner, for art, this ws what I'd look for:
Flatbed! Nothing but. As a matter of fact, wider is better.
USB. Hey, maybe I'd go firewire if it is available.
Forget the negative scans. Why? I was all for negative scanning, and It's not bad at all. But scanners are getting cheaper, and now you can go to wall-mart and they'll covert all your negatives for you, so why bother.

For you and artwork, I'd even do some googling and see if they make wider scanners. Nothing is worse than trying to peice together partial scans. You know, I'm so interested I'm going to do it myself :D

Ok, maybe that's WAY out of your price range. So anyway - scanners, look for flatbed, color, and good marks (tom's hardware).

Why not get an all in one? Well, when it comes to printers, I like nothing but truly seperated CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) I hate these black and "color" cartidges. So I ran out of blue, but I have to throw the whole cartridge away. So far, epson is the only printer that provides true cmyk. They've even gone a step further and made a CbMrYK (blue & red) printer. All-in-ones are handy small office tools, not lo-cost professional work arounds.

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

That's a nice scanner.
I use a flatbed scanner (which is pretty old...I'm hoping to get a new one too) and it offers probably more reliable and better resolutions than an all-in-one might.

By the way, your "greater than/less than" symbol is the wrong way round. You want a scanner >$150 ^^
(Think of teh arrow as a crocodile that will eat the greater meal. So if the jaws are facing $150, it means it is greater (meal) than...that's probably confused you even more ^^

I got a hp psc (almost like the one outofphase has) and it's a three-in-one (printer, scanner, copier) for $100. The printer is really good, almost like a photo picture. The scanner is quite good too and it can scan up to 19 200 dpi with just a touch of a button!

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.