Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Site loading changed, IE6 problem? - Minitokyo

Site loading changed, IE6 problem?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

It seems that since the downtime lastweek the loading type changed. at first the mt pages didn't get memorized in my temp internet files and when you reloaded a page you had been to before it loaded all over again. now when I go to a page again it loads it from cashe so I get an outdated page to get the updated page I must renew the page. that is an extra step in browsing and means that all the thumbnails, pictures, sigs avas, and layout will have to be downloaded again what lengtens the page load time. and have to do that everytime a updated page is needed, nearly all pages, threads, gallery, notivications.

If everybody continuesly needs to renew the page doesn't that only put more pressure on the server?

btw, did the last time visited stop working?

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

It's possible that it stopped working as well. As you said, the pages are used from cache, so you would never tell unless you refresh the page to update it. Also, what you can do is remove the stored pages on your hard drive which will force newer and updated pages to show up.

I think since renewing the pages causes the database to retrieve information after it receives input, and there is a lot of processing in some lines, it may contribute to a slower browsing speed.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Exactly, first the pages didn't get stored. But for example, when I wand to follow up on a thread I'd be forced to clear my temp internet files 30 times a day. :D

Signature

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Just hold down the shift key when you hit the refresh button. That will load a new version and not the cached version of the page in Firefox and IE.

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Quote by Tama-NekoJust hold down the shift key when you hit the refresh button. That will load a new version and not the cached version of the page in Firefox and IE.

When I hit the refresh button it does reload the page allright no need to hold the shift key.
I ment that its puculiar we have to hit the refresh button at all sice it reloads everything on the page, sigs avas what I mentioned before. that used to be stored in cache and not needed to load from server again.
What I ment with this thread that all these extra downlouds put even more pressure on the server than before mt changed to cache hold.
can enyone tell me if this is true and why it has changed?

Signature

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

That's an interesting problem. Are any other users experiencing this?

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Quote by jhujhitiThat's an interesting problem. Are any other users experiencing this?

Well havn't you noticed it's a major change from before that the pages now get "remembered" and melmachine seems to know where I'm talking aboud.
btw are you helping with the page now?

Signature

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

Quote by Darla83btw are you helping with the page now?

I'm helping make the site not so dog-slow. Maybe I'll become a server admin soon enough.
I have access to the code because I was experimenting with caching, which didn't go over too well, but I've been doing some minor fixups here-and-there.

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Doesn't anyone know? I am using IE6 I tried it in firefox and I did get the updated pages there so the pages only get stored when I use IE6 but I rather not use firefox since it loads a lot slower for me.

Signature

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.