Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Userpage Tutorial- Paint Shop Pro Edition - Minitokyo

Userpage Tutorial- Paint Shop Pro Edition

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Belly-san's Awesome Paint Shop Pro tutorial! >_< [version 1 ^_^' ]

Alright, I decided to make a tutorial for userpage layouts in Paint Shop Pro, since I know some of us only have PSP, and we should not be left out of having good userpages hmm? ;)

Alright- in case you've come across this thread and wanted a PS tutorial, please go here: ex's PS tutorial

So- you have may already guessed- yes it is possible to make a userpage skin in PSP! >_<
-if you think you are incapable, or just don't wanna, lplease visit the userpageskindesigns group :)
UPSD

Requirements:
Paint Shop Pro 7-x [I have X, but 7 works too- if not let me know]
Firefox [to upload your skin- IE will not work]userpage template and slices: download
Patience! [this can get confusing the first time around, but if belly can do it- so can you! >_< ]

alright- lets get started!.

1] First, I've made a userskin layout template plus a slicer- This template is a guide in which I use for the skins, add everything to them and re-save as another file- this way you always have the template ready for another skin >_<

Depending on how you want your page to look, I suggest looking to use colours from the Hex Colour Codes for the background, that way there will be no abrupt change in flow on your userpage when specific skins repeat [WHAT? Repeat?!?]

!Repeating is:

-a slice on the skin which repeats throughout the page. On MT, the skins #03, #06 and #07 repeat to fill in the empty areas around them. This is why on some pages you see a repeat on the left and right portions of the page. I always make these a blank colour which goes with your background, or until you are a pro- you can put patterns and junk ;)

2] now the fun part! Making the userpage >_<
Let your creativity shine! Do whatever you choose, it's your userpage isn't it? ;) - let your creativity soar! Just remember- you can always fix things later ;)

Start off with a scan you like! I suggest using a white bacground scan first, just so you dont have to play around with erasing the backgrounds in the scan etc :)
-add your scan, put text on it- do what you like! one note- the top slices are really high compared to what you actually see on your page- make sure you remind yourself of this while making the slices- or else your top portion may get cut off! if this happens to you, please refer to the bottom of the tutorial in the FAQ area :)

3] once you are done making your layout- you have to slice it. Save the file as either a .psp or .jpg under a new file name.[ I like to make new folders for each new layout I make- less confusing ^_^]

4] now, under FILE: go to EXPORT, then IMAGE SLICER. This will bring a pop up browser with the slicers. Here's a picture to show you what i mean

5] Now, there is buttons with images on the top part of this browser. The third one looks like a knife, this is the SLICER. Select the SLICER.

6] on the image, zoom out enough so you can see the whole image. IF you downloaded the zip file i left for ya, you should just click on "load settings" and find the slice file i made for ya :) if you can't for some reason use the slice file, here are the dimensions to cut: [MT3 updated slices]

slice #01:588x470
slice #02:720x470
slice #03: 3x470
slice #04:588x738
slice #05:720x738
slice #06:588x 10
slice #07: 3x738

For your first slice, you will need to zoom into the top right corner, enough so you can see the numbers [588-X] and [470-Y]
[X and Y are underneath the image- it's a graph, so it uses X and Y axis]
Now, when you find 588x, click and pull down with the slicer until you see a line vertically.

Make sure before you let go of the button that your vertical is still on 588, sometimes your hand will move. If you do not see this number [ie: only 587 and 589] zoom in one more time.
Next, find on the left of that line 470y. click and hold until you see a horizontal line on the 470y axis. When it's aligned, release the button. You'll see that the line does not go through the first slice, but it makes a box in the left top corner. This is right >_< [go you!] now, on the right of the vertical line, find the 470y axis and it should line up with the other horizontal line, to look like this: picture

7] keep doing this for all of the dimensions. When you are done, you will have 7 shapes which should look like this [ http://www.geocities.com/debbyrr/slicer3.jpg ]

8] Now, if you can, all you have to do is hit "save as" and save your file as a name in your new folder- such as, new or something. all of your slices will then save automatically in that folder, most likely named "new1x1.jpg, new1x2.jpg...". Then you should be able to just close the window and load you new slices on MT! :)

If you for some reason cannot get all of the files to save, please follow the following:

We'll have to save the individual slices. The slices are marked on the DIMENSIONS.

- click on the first slice, and the borders of slice #01 will all turn green- go to SAVE AS and save as 01.jpg in your new folder. Keep doing this process which each slice.

- hit SAVE on the skin, and close the window.

~~~Now, you will have to go to HEX COLOR CODES in order to get the codes for your userpage content. Write down all of the colours you'll need [background, text, links, borders etc] which you want to incorporate.

Now, here is a detailed version of how to upload:
1. go to Control Panel on the left of your screen
[on MT]
2. on the center of the page, on the bottom row there is a button which says "Userpage Skin Builder" click on that.
3. when that loads, there will be slots for your color codes and your 7 slices,
this is how you upload [in what order]
the slices you saved will have .html ones and .jpgs. Upload the .jpg ones] [they save as 01.jpg and 1X1.jpg]
1st box: 1X1
2nd: 1X2
3rd: 1X3
4th 2X1
5th 2X2
6th 3X1
7th 2X3

[dont ask why the 6 and 7 are switched around, but
they are 0_o ...]

for header, upload in the first box
header.jpg

and your set ^_^ click on Apply and Preview Usually you have to hit REFRESH twice before all of the skins/colours show up. ^_^ That should be
it, hopefully this will help you out >_<

FAQ

1] why can't i get the zip file to work?
if you are having problems- feel free to ask me! :) I also incorporated a way to do this without the zip file, just in case. Please read carefully above.

2] is there a Photoshop version of this tutorial?
yes indeedy! please refer to ex's PS tutorial

3] help! my skin is cut off on the top!
don't panic! MT3 cuts the top of your skins off depending on your monitor's dimensions :) let me show you how low my actual image is on my slice on my page slice#01see what i mean?
try making your image lower on the page- you'll see it will work out :)

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

This is a great tutorial and I might have to have a bash at it myself. Thanks for writing it up :) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

no problem aa-chan >_< glad to be of service... hope it makes sense!!!! ^_^'

Signature
-

Di3S3L

Di3S3L

Sleepy Head

Thanks for the tutorial...been using PSP for about 2 years now...nothing else...although I do have Photoshop, I'm not comfy using it, I get confuzzled easy. But do I really have to use Firefox? I don't feel like installing a new browser if there's a way to work around IE.

::Deviant Art Gallery - Feel the suckage
Signature

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

di3sel: well, as far as I know, IE wont support uploading userpage skins- i used to have IE too, but i switched when I found that out [spent many a nights trying to figure out why it wouldn't upload] but honestly, firefox is so much better browser- better firewalls, pop up enables, much better than IE- you should check it out ^_^

and yeah, i'm comfy with PSP- i'm afraid of PS OX

Signature
-

bmagrl

.:hot pink cosmo:.

this is great but when i downloaded the template, i couldnt open it. it says that it didnt know what source it came from. what can i do?

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Quote by bmagrlthis is great but when i downloaded the template, i couldnt open it. it
says that it didnt know what source it came from. what can i do?

hmmm- odd... its only a .jpg file...

if you want, i'll email it to you >_<

Signature
-

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

hey great tut bel
i had quite a trouble with the PS tut earlier xd
why didnt you make THIS earl-- err, i mean, if only u made this earlier ^_^' XD

cygnus

cygnus

Retired Dragon...eh?!

thanks for the tuts ^^ I have both but I more familiar with photoshop, now I can try it with paintshop :D

cygnus

cygnus

Retired Dragon...eh?!

thanks for the tuts ^^ I have both but I more familiar with photoshop, now I can try it with paintshop :D

I officially LOVE you!... i needed this XD XD XD XD i'll try figure it out later though.. it's kinda late now XD

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Yay! Finally a PSP tutorial for userpages! Thanks Bel-san! Now I just have to make some time to try it out. *grumbles*

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

why dont u post a psp slice file ^_^
so we dont have to manually make em ^^

btw, this thread should be stickied

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

hehehe ^^ good effort on making a tutorial.
Very detailed ^_^

*thumbs up* for making this BEL ^^

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

Quote by calisqohehehe ^^ good effort on making a tutorial.
Very detailed ^_^

*thumbs up* for making this BEL ^^

yup

Signature

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

hey- thanks everyone for checking out my tutorial >_<

khriss- i tried having just the psp slice file, but my uploader doesn't allow it [shrugs]

Quote: I officially LOVE you!... i needed this smiley smiley smiley smiley i'll try figure it out later though.. it's kinda late now smiley

[blush] >_< i'm so glad ytou liked it murderonprime! >_< cxan't wait to see what you make ^_^

Signature
-

Nakayori

Nakayori

:: Rawr ::

Yaay for Belmikry! xD;; Funny, I just uploaded a new skin... though when I made my userpage layout, I just cropped the slices one my one instead of using the image slicer. =x <<;; Anyway, awesome tutorial, I'm sure it'll help a bunch of people! =D :: Hoogle. :: >w<;;

Signature

UnknownFact

UnknownFact

Silent Thunder

Thank you very much, it is really useful!!

Signature
Fun.

Hm, where can I get Firefox? And... does it takes quite a while to have FireFox, coz... I really wanna make myself a skin for my page but I only have IE at hand. Plus, I'm really afraid if I messed with the computer.

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

:)

Signature
-

Thanks a lot belmikry! It's really nice to use than IE.

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

Whoa, firefox isn't bad at ll :o cool stuff. thanks!

tripleG

tripleG

To simply be

Thank you soooo much! I love you!! I can't believe you took the time to write this down and help us mortals with our frustrating job of making a userpage (because as mortals we really are stubborn and, I for once, will not stop trying this tutorial until I have made my userpage... but I am so lazy to do it right now... because it is late...) Anyways thanks for the tutorial (I was getting inspired over there).

Just one question... I copied the template you put on the internet... so now I just have to open the file with PSP and work on it, right?

Signature

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Quote by tripleGThank you soooo much! I love you!! I can't believe you took the time to
write this down and help us mortals with our frustrating job of making
a userpage (because as mortals we really are stubborn and, I for once,
will not stop trying this tutorial until I have made my userpage... but
I am so lazy to do it right now... because it is late...) Anyways
thanks for the tutorial (I was getting inspired over there).
Just one question... I copied the template you put on the internet...
so now I just have to open the file with PSP and work on it, right?

bingo ;) just open up the template with PSP :)

Signature
-

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.