Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A polite Request : Please sponsor Euna for 40 Hour Famine - Minitokyo

A polite Request : Please sponsor Euna for 40 Hour Famine

page 1 of 1 14 total items

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Hi guys. Euna here.
I know this sounds selfish asking for money on MT where I haven't donated anything towars MT, but I thought since they are allowing Online Sponsorship this year for 40 Hour Famine, I thought I'd give it a try. Anywayz, to those of you who don't know:

40 Hour famine is run by New Zealand World Vision in order to raise money for the poor and suffering children and families in the world - it's a charity. ^__^

What happens every year is that children/students (mostly) do this thing called 40 Hour Famine (most common is going without food for 40 hours) and ask people to sponsor them. If they do the famine, people who said they'd sponsor them will pay them money towards World Vision. We collect the money after the famine and return to our school, then the money will be sent off to World Vision and sent around the world to help suffering people in the world.

I have a hunch that a lot of this will go towards the Tsunami victims this year... it was a rather tragic thing to happen on Boxing Day... =_=

Now, I'm not forcing you to sponsor me - just politely asking if anyone would like to. I'm not asking for a lot. Anything would help. Even a dollar will help lessen the pain of poor children.
I'd like to add in that you'd need a credit card to pay me after I've done the famine (more details on the procedure - see below).

Now more on what really happens:

*I ask for people to sponsor me (like what I'm doing now) before the famine (18-20 March)

If you would sponsor me, please go to: Click me! Your help is very much appreciated.

Now on 7pm 18th March, the famine starts. There are different famines, but since I need food (i'm not starving for 40 hours! Besides, barley sugars and Just Juice aren't the best meal to have for 40 hours) I decided to do the Techno Famine which is where I go on without technology - TV, computer, stereo, MP3, radio.. and etc (with an exception to transport coz I need to go to my Flute lesson on Sat morning and telephone for emergencies ONLY).

When I've done the famine, I will go to my online famine book and say that I've done my Famine. All of you who have spondored me (I'm really hoping for a few people) will be notified by their email and be pledged for payment.

I know this was a lot of writing, but for the good of poor people of the world,I would really appreciate if you would sponsor me. Thank you.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

hey sis, I donate $40 total, hope that is enough for you. I am little cash out since I already donate some money to MT. :D May I say you are doing a very good thing, a great cause. Gook luck with that. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Mordin, that is way more than I was hoping for...
Really, I was only expecting $5 at the most...
really...
thanks so much big bro... luv ya for it ^____^
well... thanks so much big bro for supporting me (for going without MT for 40 hours TT_TT)
Thanks so so much.. can't thank you enough... *hugs*

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

I pledged $10 here... hope that helps~
a lot of donations and things held here all the time too.. really a lot of suffering people~ >.<

uhm....euna.....how this work +_+.........
gomen....my english is bad t_t"........

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

oh...thanks so much MadWiz...
your donation is very much appreciated... ^___^

Oh... MC: your english was bad? i thought it was good!
well.. you must have been doing well with english for me to think that way :P
Well... I'm not forcing you to sponsor me.
You click the link up there and you should see a page where you can fill out a form.
Once you decide how much you want to sponsor me, from 18th 20th March, I do my famine and I go and say that i've done the famine after that.
Then you should receive an email asking to pay the pledge =_='
Does that make sense bro??
YOu would need a credit card (and remember, it's NZ dollars - i think!)... mmm...
you don't have to sponsor me you know.. i'm NOT forcing anyone...
really...

but any more questions - come and ask me. thanks every1!

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

hey sis euna, i didn't get any email like that, when will i get it. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

that's after you make your payment which will be after 20th March - once i've comfirmed that I've done the famine (it's a fair bit away ^_^')
Then you'll get an email asking you to pay your pledge. Once you pay it online, you will get a receip through your email immediately.
Is that clear? I know i've forgot to mention a few things.. ^___^
Thanks anyway bro

aah +_+......credit card ......<.<...........>.>...........Mc dun have credit card ._.
can't pay with paypal =o????(i can use paypal of my cousin) >.>
hmz....my english was good ^_^"???? ow well.....thank you =P~!!!!
you gave me confidence in my english ^^......but I was not sure about the rules of that site...so I asked as a confirmation ~_~"...

YoukoxLover

YoukoxLover

chibi chibiiiiiii

!!!

i wanna give money! but.... i dont have a credit card.. yet... ;_; ... ass soon as i get one.. ill donate LOTS of money! ^__^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

*tears* A very noble cause Euna T-T. Ok, I don't have much money myself, but I could see anout donating a few bucks(I don't havea credit card btw ^_^' ).I could probably get my mom or her guy friend from New Jersey to help.From what you said,it sounds truthful and sincere,so I will see what I can do.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

i knew credit cards would be a problem ^__^"
if your parents have some i suppose you could give them 2 bucks and use theirs :p
no, but i'm not forcing you so don't worry too much about it ^__^

Oh, the alternative is sending the money to me, but that would be way too annoying..
blimey currencies. >____<
oh well, thanks for even considering! ^___^
i have such nice family/friends on MT ^____^

Euna-san is very noble indeed! I wish I could help but I also dont' have a credit card. But I wish you the best of luck and without technology for 40 hours! I will help out in a different way if I could, I already donated to the Tsunami Relief but there's always room for more help!

Signature Image

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Just to let everyone know. I have finished my 40 hour famine over the weekends...
Indeed it was quite boring without my music... (I was singing for half an hour on my bed on Friday night XD XD XD)

Anywayz, those of you who have been kind and generous to sponsor me, emails should have been sent to you by now and if you could pay your pledges within the next week or so, that would be simply fantastic.

Thanks to everyone for their support! *huggles*

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.