Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FIREFOX woes.... - Minitokyo

FIREFOX woes....

page 1 of 1 17 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

ANY1 HAVING PROBLEMS WITH FIREFOX? i have been having some issues with FIREFOX lately and before every jumps on me and says it my pc - Mozilla my backup browser has been having no issues.

this is really starting to piss me off. the pop up blocker isn't working: i am getting pop-ups and redirections even on MT. for instance today everytime i go to a userpage with a VIDEO CODEC from [http://www.musicvideocodes.com/] I am redirected to this: HERE
if someone can explain this to me i greatly appreciate it. it s driving freakin crazy, even after i reinstalled the browser 3 times i still have the same problems. also the browser when dealing with pages with video codecs is quite unstable and crashes frequently.. i have ADBLOCK activated.

Could someone perhaps tell me or post their specific ABOUT:CONFIG and ADBLOCK settings? I would really appreciate it. maybe something got changed or something..

my settings for ABOUT:CONFIG

adblock.enabled user set boolean true
adblock.fastcollapse user set boolean true
adblock.frameobjects user set boolean false
adblock.hide user set boolean false
adblock.linkcheck user set boolean true
adblock.pageblock user set boolean true
adblock.patterns user set string [i just changed this before it had a doubleclick web address.

in the Adblock perferences section:
Abblock is enabled, remove ads is chekced.

any help is GREATLY appreciated. i can't stand redirects and popups.

BTW- the redirections are NOT MT's fault- im positive they are related to the Vidoe Codecs. At work i surf with IE and never have pop-ups or redirects on this site.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Wow! I have none of these problems. ....It almost sounds like you've got some sort of adware infestation. Have you run Spyware S&D and Adaware on your system to see if you've been infested?

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Oh my gosh! **Flips to Intergactic by the Beastie Boys**

Intergalactic Planetary, Planetary Intergalactic.

Oh my goodness, I was so young when I watched that one - brings back fond memories nonetheless - lol

Anyways - I find no problem with the links, Dream.

I was hoping you didn't develop a bug within your system. That would be sad indeed. Something must be lurking in your computer causing your browser to react this sort of way. I apologize if your browser still doesn't work. I'm not much of a help here - but I can say that I can surf around without any pop-ups nor links, no problem. Take care.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Aplos

Aplos

Meow-mix

I do get redirected with you web page if I remember correctly...I don't know if it does the same thing in IE...haven't tried it. My problems with Firefox is that it sometimes disappears from the taskbar and I think it's closed but it's still running in the background. Then if I Alt+Tab it ot go to running processes I see...and sometimes it just reappears like magic! It's enchanted I tell ya!

Signature

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

jhujhiti@vayu ~ 0.19 $ host www.musicvideocodecs.com
Host www.musicvideocodecs.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

That domain doesn't exist... Run AdAware and SpyBot. I think what's happening is something is intercepting the requests for websites that don't exist and returning a bogus address (to put it as simply as I can). To confirm this, you might try to go to some clearly bogus site like http://dgfgejeueirdksh3r3.com

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I'm guessing that you were tricked into installing some plugin or adware program that has hijacked Firefox. You might want to try uninstalling, deleting your profile and reinstalling. I try to keep plugins to an absolute minimum (not to be confused with extensions). The only one that I install is the flash one which is almost required for browsing these days.

Signature Image

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

i get this thing only he were it says the link was timed out or something

like others have said, your problem has little to do with firefox....so reinstalling 3 times won't help you any. You need to run some spyware and adware scans and get rid of the root of the problem. Especially if you start getting ads from sites you trust (like MT).

Like your standard router or firewall, it's not 100% protection, things still get through, so check often and keep your computer clean.

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

I don't know what you people are up to with this Firefox craze.
Why use Firefox when something like Internet Explorer or Netscape works perfectly fine?
Besides, IE is permanently installed on the systems, so why go and install another browser when the current one works just fine?

I think this Firefix craze only begun because people want to be different, and not to follow the common popular route, in other words use IE. They want to deviated from the common group, and have something more flashy and new.

What's this about faster, safer and better? Jeez, only because it has a spy-ware blocker that it makes it the most powerful internet browser on Earth?
I have Firefox and IE, and I've compared them closely. I find no difference between them, except for their names: Firefox and Internet Explorer. (Look they have different letters! -.- )

I find this silly.

The only advantage of Firefox is that it has the web developers' DOM Inspector. And that for me it works whenever my IE can't cooperate with my university's proxy, Firefox always gets on step and functions with the proxy correctly. ^_^

If IE works perfectly fine then use it! Why be different and follow those who are using Firefox? Is Firefox something that you absolutely MUST use in order to browse the web?... NO.

When I first installed Firefox, I was receiving crashes for both Firefox and IE whenever I try to stream some media, i.e. vide or audio streams. They just crash and the browser terminates itself.
It was probably just a glitch or something, because when I rebooted my PC about 2 hours after installation the problem was gone.
Firefox also sometimes receives these time outs and connection refused dialog boxes.

Firefox just implements different components maybe.

Don't use Firefox unless it's a matter of life and death. Scan your PC using ad-ware/spy-ware programs, and anti-virus programs. If everything goes well after scanning, then use Firefox if you must. If the problem still persists, and you still MUST use Firefox regardless of the performance... Jeez then reformat your entire hard drive then reinstall everything.

I mainly use IE, and sometimes Firefox. I don't find Firefox any much different or "better" to IE or Netscape, unless for every hour of Firefox you use spits out $10 into your bank account. ^_^'

Well, I have a few reasons for using Firefox:

1. Tabs. It's nice being able to middle-click interesting links and have them load in the background while you finish reading the current page. It's also nice having the pages grouped on their own row, rather than mixed in with other apps in the taskbar.

2. Find As You Type, aka Type Ahead Find. For some strange reason it's not turned on by default, but go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced, and check Begin Finding When You Begin Typing. When you're in a page and you're looking for a word, you can just start typing the word and Firefox will search down the page for it. Starting your word with an apostrophe lets it search just for links. I kid you not, it's a huge timesaver and one of Firefox's most unsung great features.

3. Themes. Specifically, Charamel :)

4. Popup blocker. Yes, WinXP SP2's IE has one too, but that still leaves people who aren't running WinXP SP2.

5. Better standards support, such as for CSS and transparency in PNG images. Note that Microsoft is itself a member of the W3C, even though IE doesn't render standard code properly. This also affects how well screen-readers work on websites for blind people, and such.

6. Security. There have been fewer and less severe security issues in Mozilla and Firefox than in IE. (I'd link the relevant Secunia pages, but I don't have them on hand...)

7. Active development. IE hasn't seen a significant upgrade in years. Firefox's increasing popularity is one of the main reasons that Microsoft's decided to update IE separately, rather than releasing it with Longhorn as previously planned. Competition good :)

urdchan

goddess of fate

I just wish FireFox would "remember" where I was last. I use Opera a great deal and I find this an awesome feature. I might use FireFox more if it has this, as it does seem to have less of a problem with code on websites...

But without that feature, I doubt I will.

Signature
...without the dark there can be no light...

Perhaps you're looking for the Session Saver extension? :)

Note, clicking Install may at first just pop up a yellow info bar, since by default only Mozilla Update is on the install whitelist. You can then click on the button given by the yellow info bar to add the Extensions Mirror to the whitelist, and then try the Install link again.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

I haven't had any problems w/ my firefox browser. It looks like there might be sume kind of adware/spyware interrupting yer browser or a third-party software may be conflicting with it. Other than that tho, yer on yer own.

urdchan

goddess of fate

I have talked with some people who work with FireFox and they agreed that the feature did not exist. From what I can tell, this is an add-on extension. This might be okay, but I would rather it be part of the main FireFox distribution. Sometimes add-ons can be a bit buggy.

Signature
...without the dark there can be no light...

I've come across some pop-ups that slip by Firefox recently, and I think it's the *bastard* ad-developers (pop-ups have to be illegal, right? They're invading your right to browse freely and in an enjoyable manner *the rage builds*) finding new ways past Firefox's ad-blocker. It's something that can't be hepled until a bill is passed. Then it'll be maliciously coded pop-ups instead. Don't forget to check your start bar for ad/spyware installing pop-unders while surfing either. I had a problem with these all the time when using IE, but fortunatley that's stopped.

If Firefox is sucking, then I suggest uninstalling it and crawling back to Ie for a while then reinstalling when Firefox releases it's next update.

ZeroMartin

ZeroMartin

No Life King

i use firefox aswell..mainly because my internet exploror had a great old time crashing alot..firefox is the better browser.

but someone try going to www.directmanga.com i get alot of pop-ups there....even while the blocker is activated..i know what u mean dream, but i have still yet to come across a re-direct...thankfully.

Ja Ne!

.::Zero Martin::.

By the way, Firefox bugs are often found in the profiles (which store settings, bookmarks, themes and extensions) rather than in the program files, and profiles aren't removed by the uninstaller. More info on profiles (location, how to remove, etc) can be found here.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.