Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 And how about ATI/Nvidia - Minitokyo

And how about ATI/Nvidia

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Holt

Holt

pffft

Since people really helped my decide which CPU to go for, the other important part I'm unsure about would be the graphics card. Again, 2 big companies- ATI and Nvidia.

I realise that Nvidia's double card SLI option enables them to be way better so far but I'm talking comparison between two top cards of similar price. Which is of better value is really what I'm asking. So what do you think?

No one was really biased in the last one and screaming at anyone who disagreed so I'm hoping it'll be the same this time round. :D
Thanks everyone for their help!
EDIT: curses! I forgot to add the poll. Oh well, doesn't matter that much
and sorry this is a duplicate :sweat:

Signature Image

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

LOL, are you trying to tear the fabrics of the universe with all these questions?! XD

As for the question, I have always been an ATi user, but I would suggest getting a nVidia card now. The 6800gt looks to be the one at the moment, but the 6600gt would also be good if you weren't looking to spend so much.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

This one is a little more up-in-the-air. As a Linux user, I'm appalled by ATI (they just released decent drivers a few weeks ago, finally). Until recently, though, ATI had the best-looking FSAA in the industry (the nVidia 6800 series took that away from them).

Personally, I'd say nVidia. My friends all use ATI cards and they seem to complain about strange, intermittant graphic bugs quite a bit. I don't see any of them.

Edit:
The GT is a lot cheaper than the Ultra, but if you can afford it the Ultra is much nicer.

Holt

Holt

pffft

Quote by Aa-chanLOL, are you trying to tear the fabrics of the universe with all these
questions?! XD

hehheh It's just two ^_^'

Signature Image

I really do like ATI, maybe because they are from my country [canada]... But I had really weird problems, I shipped it back twice but now it seems that I picked one of the 10% of the ATI's who's working well ;)

i dont know about Nvidia, but I had weird issues... so... I think... not... sure... because in my head... nvidia is the Dark Side... but I will give it a try with the new generation, not the (6xxx) ...

So my vote go to Nvidia

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Hi there. I'm a systems student and a hardware maniac. I'm also a 3D designer, using programs like Maya and RenderMan.
It is true that both are very good, but I rather NVidia video cards and graphic accelerators.
Why? because I've got better performeance fron this card in my experience (and you may say experienced, because RenderMan really takes advatage of the video card).
So, my talking is done, and now is up to you.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I believe this may be a duplicate thread. Please see:

ATI vs nvidia (POLL)
-and-
ATI vs Nvidia

Holt

Holt

pffft

Quote by Archer79I believe this may be a duplicate thread. Please see:

ATI vs nvidia (POLL)
-and-
ATI vs Nvidia

really? oops sorry :sweat:

Quote by SebastianvonKaneHi there. I'm a systems student and a hardware maniac. I'm also a 3D
designer, using programs like Maya and RenderMan.
It is true that both are very good, but I rather NVidia video cards and
graphic accelerators.
Why? because I've got better performeance fron this card in my
experience (and you may say experienced, because RenderMan really takes
advatage of the video card).
So, my talking is done, and now is up to you.

Since you're an expert, would you say getting SLI config is worth it?

Signature Image

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

SLI is almost a linear scaling application. That's twice the power for about twice the price. So yes, it's worth it.

it's one of those things...you like one or the other...in actuality they are both good products....some people have problems with one and not the other

like me...I've had nothing but problems with ATI but none from Nvidia
nothing but problems from AMD but not with Intel

it's all just preference

what we do in life echoes through eternity
(I'll add a new sig img as soon as the update works again)

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.