Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Metal Gear Solid the Anime? - Minitokyo

Metal Gear Solid the Anime?

Tagged under Metal Gear Solid

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

DarkEVO

DarkEVO

The Evolving Artist

Do you think they should make an anime version of Metal Gear Solid? Like an OVA or movie out of it?

MESIAS

MESIAS

Divine Entity

I don't know, but it probaly would do because is popularity in USA, who knows...

Shine On you Crazy Diamond!

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

not likely. The only games that I've encountered that were animated are namco (xenosaga, tales of phantasia) and capcom (street fighter, darkstalkers) games. Everyone anticipated the Guilty Gear anime to come out but to only be disappointed that it will never happen. Still, it wouldnt be a bad idea for a MGS anime, but not very likely to happen. Rumor has it that Metal Gear Solid will probably be made into a live-action movie in the future. I was reading on sumthing like this a while bak.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

I read about the live action version too but if they do decide to do that they better be careful. This franchise is as cherised as the bible to some. They'll have fans all over the world in an uproar if they do it wrong.

It would be interesting to see an 3D animation it....almost like the cut scenes from the game. With that type of quality and the vision of Kojima, it might be something worthy of watching.

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

No, it doesn't really suit MGS. Not everything fits to be made into anime =/ Besides, I'd rather see another MGS game or maybe even a well done LAM (Live Action Movie) :)

i done think so there any anime about it maybe in far futuer

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I would like it because their is defintly enough material there to do so...but on the other hand, that may be the reason why it will probably never happen because so much of the original story would have to be cut or re-formated....

Signature Image

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Please no...
Why would you want to spoil one of the most successful game franchises of all time? No, it just won't do.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

With the recent insurgent of game/comic book turned movies, I would put my money of the live action movie. But then again with advent children coming soon (hopefully) it might give rise to the animation style. It would be really easy to do a translation of the game into a CG movie too.

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

I guess it would be okay but it's best to stick to the game franchise. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Movin'...

Who needs an anime or a movie if the game itself is basically a movie.

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by pn0yvstylenot likely. The only games that I've encountered that were animated are
namco (xenosaga, tales of phantasia) and capcom (street fighter,
darkstalkers) games. Everyone anticipated the Guilty Gear anime to come
out but to only be disappointed that it will never happen. Still, it
wouldnt be a bad idea for a MGS anime, but not very likely to happen.
Rumor has it that Metal Gear Solid will probably be made into a
live-action movie in the future. I was reading on sumthing like this a
while bak.

SNK had the following turned into animes: Fatal Fury (2 OAV's & a movie) Samurai Shodown(Spirits) supposedly 2 but I"ve only seen 1, Art of Fighting (oav- not to good).

Battle Arena Toshinden, Virtua Fighter, and a few others were also given the animated treatment. There is also the impending FF VII: Advent Children.

i'm not sure if it is a good idea or not

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

i would rather see a castlevania

Xabinator

Xabinator

Temporarily Insane

I don't think so. MGS and anime have completely different art styles. It'd look really weird.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by MESIASI don't know, but it probaly would do because is popularity in USA, who knows...

I doubt that Japanese producers have America in mind when they produce anime. ^_^'

Yunsung

Yunsung

Who smokes the blunts?

i hope not. i just cant imagine Solid Snake [or Naked Snake] in anime.
and OAV would never be as good as the game is. What is more it could damage the game reputation...and Hideo Kojima wouldnt like that :)

Laserowa korekcja wady wzroku <- moja strona na temat korekcji wzroku metoda PRK/LASEK

Anime? Heck no!

I want to see a full blown MGS movie using the same FMV/cutscene animation they use for the game. That's good enough & frankly, the graphics in MGS2 & 3 has become kinda like a must for MGS (IMHO of course).

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Have either of you (Yunsung or volrath) seen the new Appleseed??? MGS would rock as an anime.

Yeah, I've seen Appleseed but while the art in Appleseed certainly rocks, IMHO I'm kinda used to the cutscene anim used in MGS & I don't think MGS is MGS without that anim style.

I don't think MGS is meant to be an anime, and should never be, it just wouldn't work too well.

When you feel lost, what do you do? When your alone, who can help you? When you've been betrayed, who can you trust?

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by volrath77Yeah, I've seen Appleseed but while the art in Appleseed certainly
rocks, IMHO I'm kinda used to the cutscene anim used in MGS &amp; I
don't think MGS is MGS without that anim style.

In my humble opinion, if it can work as a comic, it can work as an anime. Just my opinion.

I dont think a Metal Gear Solid anime would do well. The games are fine as they are, I dont see any need to make an anime of it. I am guessing if there is a MGS anime,it will probably be a flop.

Satsugai

Satsugai

Primula's Personal Worshiper

they should try turning it into manga. Anime just wouldn't work for metal gear solid.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.