Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Do You Hate Most About Your Own School? - Minitokyo

What Do You Hate Most About Your Own School?

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 127 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Yes, another one of those all-hailed school threads where kids just want to complain about something around their own school. You name it.

Oh yeah, we get students shoving paper slips in the complaint box all the time, thousands of them every month. People going around telling why they hate this and they hate that about school - always saying something negative.

Of course, it benefits you when you do some actual work, but as you get older, you lose the incentive or the will to keep learning - and would rather be having some fun instead. It happens quite often.

---------------------------

So what do you hate most about your school though, really? Is it the cafeteria food, the teachers? The projects you do? Reading? Homework? Gather your thoughts and tell us here. lol - No detailed explanations required.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

MMM,i dont have problems with the teachers,the projects or the homework,i like that,you have to work hard.
Maybe i hate some parts of the students,mostly the guys on the soccer team. xD,im just a freak that plays arcades,read mangas,and says a lot of weird things xD

K I R A B O S H I !

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

The thing I dislike most about my university is the internet connection. It is a little more restrictive than I would like, but there's nothing I can do about it ^__^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The problem with my campus is its inconvenient location. The closest shopping center is at least 14 miles away, and if I take the Sccoot (the transportation that comes by the campus every 2 hours), it's $4 both ways.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

JudgementAngel

JudgementAngel

Tsukiakari Zetsumei

I just don't like the way the teachers think that they can treat you like a little child and that what yuo say doesn't matter. It's annoying. Then there's also the lack of trust for the students. In my school, you can actually be sent to jail, by the nypd.

I hate those wanna B gansters kids at my school T_T.......
they think they are some great tough guy.......(a little kid....like....150cm) XD
or....those guys who always braking things.....just for fun......
and....some theachers ........really annoying >.>........talking like the got powa or something >.>....and those peeps who are meddle with everything ....just too much >.>

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by meteorcloudI hate those wanna B gansters kids at my school T_T.......
they think they are some great tough guy.......(a little
kid....like....150cm) XD
or....those guys who always braking things.....just for fun......
and....some theachers ........really annoying >.>........talking
like the got powa or something >.>....and those peeps who are
meddle with everything ....just too much >.>

lol - back in the day, we had Italians all roaming around our school. No offense, but they weren't ordinary Italians. Sorry if I offend anyone who's Italian, but they used the majority of their power to run the entire school board and treated people who weren't caucasian people like garbage. It was prejudice - racism down every hallway. I apologize - there were good people out there, but altogether, the boys can be so... annoying. Even though I was mostly caucasian, my asian friends who didn't fall into their certain "category" were pushed around way too much, and I had to defend them - I didn't like it. Thank goodness I moved to a university setting where there were no such thing as popular people, everyone minded their own business.

Thanks for your responses, guys.

I liked your answer mel, had to take 20 minutes to go to university by transit - and the bus comes to my hometown every like 2 hours, which is inconvenient, really - JudgementAngel - I totally agree. Some teachers think just because they are older than you, they can push you around. I don't like that either.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

Exams at my university. Insanely hard exams, I got straight A's in High School...got to college and in one class got a 19 on the first exam...class average was 36. Now that was a hard exam...

Signature

i hate my workload each day....a good hr of work per day and like 2-4 hrs of work on the weekends.
i can't even tell you how much work we get over long breaks...oh well im pretty good at procrastinating so working under pressure ^_^ hehe a one month long project done in 2 days and still got an A...hehe awesomeness...
as for test, quizes, and exams...eh pretty easy seeing how i rarely ever study...not a good habit but my quick wit and super guessing skils just make me a top-notch laid-baid student
weeee~ :D

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

I don't like a great deal of the people at my school for various reasons for each type. But, mostly, I don't like the teachers at my school. -_-
Some treat the students like their peers and friends, which isn't supposed to happen.
Others don't know how to teach the material for their classes, even if they do understand it.
Some are just as bad in that their not flexible for their students and over-restrictive with things like helping a student. (Ie, not letting them make-up work missed.)
And, in general, it's too easy to get left behind, because teachers get off-track from teaching!

>_< It really frustrates me, but also makes me gald to know that I'll be leaving/graduating in May.. I will miss my friends though,... T^T

-Li-

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by JinpunExams at my university. Insanely hard exams, I got straight A's in High
School...got to college and in one class got a 19 on the first
exam...class average was 36. Now that was a hard exam...

lol Jinpun - my Math Class - Average student grade - 29. About 90% failed the mid-term exams already. I was only one of the few who barely passed. They like bell-curving grades, believe me. It's a conspiracy. Hence, why I want to take university slowly over time. lol - No need to be in a super rush. I wouldn't mind taking an extra year just to loosen my workload. I'd rather understand the courses I am taking and courses that I like, not courses I do in a blindfold, pretty much.

Signature

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

(edited)

It is time for you to drown

DJ-OVNI

DJ-OVNI

Team Rocket wants you!

Actually I get algon with them well, but the real thing that I don't like about my coordinators because they have done a lot of stupid things for the school, for example, they have built a new coffee shop at the university, but the department of eengineries have about 4 old labs; or another thing, they have built a bridge to get across a single street that it's size is about 5 mts, and the main entrance is crossing the same street, so you need to cross the street to get in, climb the bridge, cross the street again in the bridge, and then go to the building were is going to be the class. And besides of that, the school is always saying that they have economical problems. If they don't spend money at things that looks nice, but relatively ussless, then they wouldn't have that money problems.

Very stupid don't you thing so?

Member of Anti-Ecchi-Club
Member of Hispanime

I hate the people & I hate the clamor.
I hate lunch too (because of the noise) (and people)
I hate wasting time in classes
Hmm... not really much else I don't like besides projects (espicially group projects)

-I hate the people because well, I don't really have any intimate friends *is a loser* :sweat:
I can't find anybody to have serious conversations with instead of joking all the time or just talking to me about something in school. So the people don't really serve much purpose besides to just make things chaotic and once in awhile distract the teachers' attention in case I've forgotten to finish some of my assignments.
-I can't really explain why I hate the noise. It just makes me really irritable and I end up thinking about breaking people's faces in or ripping off their arms. >_>
-Lunch is bearly tolerable for me. The noise, my god, the freaking unbearable noise. I get headaches just sitting in the cafeteria at lunch time.
-I hate wasting time in classes like before the teacher arrives and all the kids are just making a fuss or after the teacher's done with his/her lesson, but there's still time left before next class and the kids just make a ruckus.
-The projects are just plain annoying. The teachers think they're being creative and giving us a 'fun' way to spend time in school. I'd prefer a simple set of worksheets, review, or something. Maybe the teachers don't understand how little of what they teach is actually remembered after the exams.

I hope college is better. *sigh*

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

(edited)

It is time for you to drown

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

While I am conservative in my political leanings, I consider myself very open in my views and tolerant of others. The atmosphere at my school, however, is one of extreme intolerance. As you may know, as a whole, the universities of the Ivy League are as a whole posessing of both liberal student bodies and liberal faculty bodies. At my particular institution, diversity is the watchword, but the view of diversity that has been espoused is a peculiarly selective view that purposely turns a blind eye towards diversity of opinion and ideology.

Allow me to explain. The university administration considers maintainance of diversity of ethnicity to be of particular importance. Apparently, having students of diverse backgrounds is important for creating an atmosphere conducive towards learning, and that diversity allows a wider spectrum of opinions to be expressed, thus enriching the education process. That sounds nice in words, but in practice none of that takes place simply because most of the minority students refuse to associate with people outside of their own ethnic groups, and therefore in large lecture halls, you can see pockets grouped by clique and ethnicity with little or no exchange amongst them. Furthermore, ethnic groups are granted their own lavish program houses. There is a dorm for black students, a dorm for hispanic students, a dorm for native american students, all of which have comforts not available to students living in standard dorms (such as free wireless internet). Its interesting that by creating such program houses for minorities that they have in effect helped to segregate the population rather than integrate it into a single homogeneous diverse body.

On the other hand, diversity of opinion is not acceptable to the university administration. All freshmen are required to attend classes and programs on diversity during their first few weeks of school, and can be subject to official sanction if they do not attend or if they publically express divergent views. The administration has also allowed liberal and minority groups on campus to burn copies of the Review, the predominant conservative publication on campus (and the second-most widely-read student publication).

Many professors lack the responsibility to keep their political views out of the classroom. Rather than teach the subjects that they are charged with instructing, they often launch into tangential diatribes regarding their political views, even in subjects that have nothing to do with politics. Take for example a professor of engineering who, when graphing in space with at least one imaginary axis, labels all imaginary points as WMD. While I admit such is clever and humorous, it gets tiring on the hundredth repetition.

Thus what I dislike most about my school is the hypocrisy of the policies issued by the administration and the intolerance for diversity of opinion by both faculty and students. Open discourse and the presentation of multiple perspectives on issues can only enhance understanding of various subjects, and therefore this deliberate stifling of ideology is in my opinion counterproductive towards the goal of any university.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well for me right now, I have no huge complaints, believe me when you get to my age, I have been through everything that the system can throw at me. I have eaten high school cafeteria food and college dorm food, and I still live to tell about it. :D Lousy teachers, professors aren't the major issue no more, because right now for me self learning is the best policy. :) I just can't stand self righteous people in any education system though, we called them the cream of the crops, they are smart but it does get on your nerve sometimes when they decide they want to showoff. Of course I don't mean you mel, you are cool. :)

i remember one time in college, I was taking a Ancient History course on Alexander the Great, the professor was really passionate about the subject, so he encouraged discussion among his students. Couple of "smart type" students in the front row keep asking about Alexander's uncle, because they already know the material that was in the lecture. It went on for the whole lecture. I was telling them to do that in the professor's office hour, but they just ignore me. It did the whole class a disservice, because what subject do you think was tested on the final exam, you guessed it, Alexander the Great, not his uncle. :)

Side story over, the one concern I have right now in my current situation is we only have one exam, and that determines the grade for the entire year, and anyone score less than 70 gets kick out of the school. :sweat: Believe me I am sweating pretty bad here, although I am doing above average right now, but you will never know. :( The pressure is on for me. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Holt

Holt

pffft

My school's great although I'm new there so I don't know that much. My 7 teachers are pretty competent and I've got plenty of friends. The only thing I hate is how my school has so many miscreants and townies who really piss me off.

Signature Image

To tell the Truth i also don't get along with my classmates, yes they are too.... dumb or loud, they can't stay still.... why??? they like to take food into class whenever they have enough time to lunch.... then they complaint about classwork and start talking with people they see all day??? don't they get tired????

My teachers are great! they are fun crazy and nice, they don't give out too much homewrok. So i think my school is ok but there is always someone in class i can't stand...

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

i actually like my school- my profs are great, i just hate the location... its in another country >_> makes life tough -_-

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by shinsengumiOn the other hand, diversity of opinion is not acceptable to the university administration. All freshmen are required to attend classes and programs on diversity during their first few weeks of school, and can be subject to official sanction if they do not attend or if they publically express divergent views. The administration has also allowed liberal and minority groups on campus to burn copies of the Review, the predominant conservative publication on campus (and the second-most widely-read student publication).

Many professors lack the responsibility to keep their political views out of the classroom. Rather than teach the subjects that they are charged with instructing, they often launch into tangential diatribes regarding their political views, even in subjects that have nothing to do with politics. Take for example a professor of engineering who, when graphing in space with at least one imaginary axis, labels all imaginary points as WMD. While I admit such is clever and humorous, it gets tiring on the hundredth repetition..

lol boss, may I say that is what going to a liberal school is like. Being a conservative isn't such a good place in a liberal environment, because we do tend to react strongly against any types of conservative agenda. It just rubs us in the wrong way. ;) Another thing about professor, it is all relative, not all of them are liberals, I have met some of the more conservative people in college. Now I could never see eye to eye with them because like many liberals they do preach their values and agenda in their lectures. It is a very human nature to do such thing, because our education is learning perspective and knowledge, and it can be very bias. If you have read Hobbs and Locke, you will know what I am talking about. Different professor will have different views on the principle of those great thinkers. One's politics played a very big role in how one sees their knowledge and their surroundings. Hey I bet I wouldn't like it if I go to Texas and have that happen to me either. :D

Go back to your another point in miniority likes to hang around in their own group, that is the norm i believe. I don't think people like to associate with anything that is different from them. Hey you seen those things in every colleges in this country, and I am not surprise that your adminstration treats the promotion of diversity as a matter of convenience. It is a lot of harder to mandate students to mingle with each other wouldn't you think. ;) Saying the political correct things are easier than doing anything to acutally make it happen. :)

i hope shin, that you will find your justice in the near future, because I wouldn't mind seeing some changes in our higher learning education system. However, since I am a liberal, I will tried to move it to the left rather than the right. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Well I'm in a huge technical college in Madison, WI. The structure and the school itself isn't bad, but I hate having so many people there. I really don't like a lot of the students I see that haven't matured from highschool at all, they just make my hate rise =/

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Generally my school's alright, most teachers are knowlegable in their teaching and they're all quite fair in terms of tests, marking, etc. The student population is big, but diverse. Since the school is so large, it offers a lot of specialized programs that other schools don't. My only concern about the school is that it's not semestered, so the scheduling of the year tends to get messed up (especially with exams and university applications) And we get more homework as a result of being non-semestered, so I shall vote for that option.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by MordinAnother thing about professor, it is all relative, not all of them are liberals, I have met some of the more conservative people in college. Now I could never see eye to eye with them because like many liberals they do preach their values and agenda in their lectures. It is a very human nature to do such thing, because our education is learning perspective and knowledge, and it can be very bias.

Not all, yes, but for example, in the Government department at my school, of thirty professors, twenty-nine are registered members of either the Democratic or other left-of-center parties.

Quote: Go back to your another point in miniority likes to hang around in their own group, that is the norm i believe. I don't think people like to associate with anything that is different from them. Hey you seen those things in every colleges in this country, and I am not surprise that your adminstration treats the promotion of diversity as a matter of convenience. It is a lot of harder to mandate students to mingle with each other wouldn't you think. ;) Saying the political correct things are easier than doing anything to acutally make it happen. :)

The fact that the university's policies actively promote segregation among racial lines by creating program houses and promoting student organizations that are exclusively for minority students in fact if not on paper bewilders me. The start of the diversity craze can be traced back to the Supreme Court's decision in Regents vs. Bakke. The problem is that all of these policies stem from a skewed reading of diversity that discounts ideology and socioeconomic background, but lends undue weight to race.

Quote: i hope shin, that you will find your justice in the near future, because I wouldn't mind seeing some changes in our higher learning education system.

I hope so too. It's good that recently there has been more awareness of this issue, through articles in the Chronicle of Higher Education, the Academic Bill of Rights, and various other mechanisms. What I would like is for there to be greater dialogue, greater understanding, greater objectivity, and in the end, a better learning environment for all.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 127 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.