Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 blades VS firearms - Minitokyo

blades VS firearms

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 66 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

o.o
such a bunch of cold hearted violent ppl in here..

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

that's an interesting way of putting it. lol. xD

Signature
Look at all these big ass trees.

http://www.antiqueswords.com/ew220.htm

There's a gunblade for you :P

yeah the ff8 gunblade XD so it have the "swosh" sound and you can kill quicker, faster, and easier with the gun

There will always be a time when you can have neither. So I'd say learn to fight first. Then comes knives, and if you have to take on multiple targets grab a gun!

even better .. grab a rifle with a bayonet at the end .. closet real thing to a gunblade. heh

Kizuna

Kizuna

Look at this!

guns are easy to use, but blades are cooler.

I've always wondered if blades might be more useful than guns in Resident Evil (Not that flimsy butter knife, but a REAL katana)

You could just behead zombies one after the other, and it never runs out of ammo

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

blades

Magically Delicious, yo.

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

yup yup. i didn't even think this thread was still alive...>_>;

yeah, i agree with h3llb3nt in that one should know defense without weapons as well. the best thing i think is to be like jackie chan in the sense that he can turn any mundane object into a weapon. w00t.

Signature

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

I lke Guns, I'm a crack-shot!
Paper targets run when they see me coming.
I'd never shoot anbody though, not unless they were trying to kill me.
But I have set samurai swords.

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

EvaJunky

Evangelion god

Being a kenjutsu fan, I will always prefer a well made Katana over all else. But in the modern world the uses for swords are limited, and thus I would alway's cary twin HK .45's and a few extra mags just in case. Sure gun's are cheap, but what else do you do when you got, let's say, a squad of spec-ops troops breathing down your neck? Even the most talented swordsman won't make it through a blanket of sub-machinegun fire.

"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you, I will chew it up and leave. I will work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down."
~"Sober", Tool

darkzlevin

darkzlevin

Are We Who We Seem?

blades if it was 500yrs ago or something :D

SUPPORT MINITOKYO BY JOINING THEIR MIRC CHANNEL
#minitokyo @ irc.rizon.net

Signature

croquis

Minitokyo.Lover

i think that blades require much more skill then using a gun and can be much easier to carry around. but i think that you would still need some skill to use a gun because the recoil from a gun can be to much for someone to handle and aiming it would still be tough

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

yes that is very true. i've played with air guns...but thats nothing compared to the recoil on a shotgun from what i understand. although...weapons are just cool in general...me? violent? nah...

grave's gun in gungrave is really kick ass. i want one! xD

Signature

CowX

CowX

Bee Train Fan

Chloe... Blades all the way!

Signature Image

Lord_Tensai_III

A Gentleman and a Scholar

I think a lot of the sword's popular opinion comes from the fact that it's uncommon in this day and age. While I'll readily admit that guns are far more practical for actual combat (nailing someone from a mile away with a sniper rifle does have its advantages) I'm still going to side with the sword for the following reasons:

One: Swords require an absolute mastery in order to use them effectively. Even if you don't have expert marksman ability or are well-trained, you can still use a standard firearm with reasonable efficiency. Point and shoot. With a sword however, if you don't know what you’re doing, you’re dead within a stroke.

Two: It's a lot more personal and risky. If you're wielding a sword, you’re going to pick your battles a little more carefully than someone with a gun. Each fight has to mean something, because there's a good chance you won't walk away from it unscathed. Old-school samurai never unsheathed their blades unless it was their intent to kill; I would want to do likewise.

And finally...

Three: Because they're cool. Do you think Kenshin would be as cool if he used a rifle instead of a reverse-blade? I don't think so.

Long live the Blades.

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

The sword seems to be an art. But any fool can use centrifugal forces to their advantage (which reminds me, I have an iron sabre, and one of the attacks I can do involves centrifugal forces and my wrist being the starting point). At least the idiots who pick up guns tend to get themselves killed.

I'd take guns. To me, it seems like if you can do a 1 shot 1 kill, you've got a lot of skill. Not to mention, in HtH situations, you can bash the other person with the gun.

As for what gun I'd carry, it'd be an HK Mp5. Classic sub-machine gun. Otherwise it would be a Desert Eagle.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

Quote by Lord_Tensai_IIII think a lot of the sword's popular opinion comes from the fact that it's uncommon in this day and age. While I'll readily admit that guns are far more practical for actual combat (nailing someone from a mile away with a sniper rifle does have its advantages) I'm still going to side with the sword for the following reasons:
One: Swords require an absolute mastery in order to use them effectively. Even if you don't have expert marksman ability or are well-trained, you can still use a standard firearm with reasonable efficiency. Point and shoot. With a sword however, if you don't know what you’re doing, you’re dead within a stroke.
Two: It's a lot more personal and risky. If you're wielding a sword, you’re going to pick your battles a little more carefully than someone with a gun. Each fight has to mean something, because there's a good chance you won't walk away from it unscathed. Old-school samurai never unsheathed their blades unless it was their intent to kill; I would want to do likewise.
And finally...
Three: Because they're cool. Do you think Kenshin would be as cool if he used a rifle instead of a reverse-blade? I don't think so.
Long live the Blades.

you're a genius. *_*

Signature

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 66 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.