Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you consider Starbucks pricey? - Minitokyo

Do you consider Starbucks pricey?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

Now we have a couple of Starbucks in Mexico, but they are unbelievably expensive. I mean, a coffee there is at least $4 USD, when a coffee elsewhere costs around 60 cents up to $2USD for very pricey coffee. So, I was wondering, is it the same in the US? I just need to know - i have troubles picturing how such an expensive coffee can be so popular. Yeah, it's good, but it's waaaay to expensive here.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

In Canada, HECK YEAH! Now you are talking! Finally - a thread that refines to my tastes here.

My favorite. You name it. Tall Double Vanilla Chocolate Chip Strawberry Venti Frappachino, with a hint of Lemon Squeeze in it.

Price. $7.98 Canadian + Tax. I should know because I go there with my friends like every 3 days. ROFL. Super expensive indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

WOW. I thought it was only pricey here, being an American company, and with pesos worth so little.

I love the White Hot Chocolate, and the Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino - yep, I like chocolate and sweet stuff - but I don't usually indulge in such temptations, as with my current budget it's either coffee or lunch

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

Went this afternoon actually, got a Vanilla Bean Venti Frappachino. $4.05 American. Hell yes its pricy, but its sooooooo good.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

Starbucks is good, but too expensive for me. I can almost buy a meal for the price of one frappucino. Thats why I only go to Starbucks every now and then...

Be Free and Masturbate

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

shouldn't it be pricey XD.
Afterall it's starbucks right ????

Yeah it's kinda pricey here too , If i'm not mistaken the price is about the same like in Cana as cel mentioned around $7 .
But take into account our dollars have lower exchange rate compared to US dollar ^^

i think they relly on their brand and their franchise to keep it hip and cool ^^.

Anyway that's just my opinion .

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

haha, I guess

Most stuff from the US is pricey here (Mexico) because of the exchange rate. :(

i was wondering if Starbucks is pricey by nature, or our currency is worth nothing. Your answers are quite a relief. Thanks!

yeah its pricey.... thats why its starbucks... hehe....

anfrey

kuchiki rukia turns me on

i'd rather pay to eat a whole meal than to drink a bit of coffee.

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

I have to say that Starbucks is really pricey here, but they are Starbucks. Being a Washington based anything makes them instantly pricey, but hey... they do have some good stuff too. Pricey, yet tasty. :D

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Very much so. -_-;;;

i only go maybe once every month, and my wallet still hurts.

Hmm...

Here in Malaysia a frappucino would cost around rm10(2.60 U.S dollars) which is actually really expensive if u think about it. I could have a decent meal with RM10 rather than drinking a drink there but it's tastes kinda okay so i guess it's fine to drink once in a while. I rarely drink at Starbucks so i'm not too sure about the exact price but it's around there i think.

Nightbat1707

Nightbat1707

Pilgrimage in the Dark

Well I couldn't agree more....
here in Thailand
It cost 100+ Baht(~2.5 UsDollar) for a just a small cup .
I could eat a wealthy meal for half the cost of that.
So...they are alsolutely expensive.

Pilgrimage in the Dark 1707
Signature Image

Both the Google ads I see on the right are Starbucks-related. Councidence? Hoho...

Even if I did drink coffee, I'm much too practical to go paying so much when I can get at least a decent meal for the same price or less. Basic biological need vs. luxury, I think the winner is clear.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

mmmm....Caramel Apple Cider...good stuff! I think a tall is like $2.09 US dollars plus tax. Its not too bad but still kinda expensive. I guess its all right if you don't go there often. :) But it is very good!!

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

Quote by risingchaosBoth the Google ads I see on the right are Starbucks-related.
Councidence? Hoho...

You're right! That's hillarious... hahaha

heh... I actually skipped a meal on Saturday and had a white chocolate frapuccino on Starbucks.... I guess I won't be going again in another year, haha, but at least I'm reliefed to know the priceyness and tastyness is generalized.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Well, Starbucks is a bit pricey, but not a lot more than other coffee places really. I like the vanilla bean fraps, so good! :)

Signature

I guess it's expensive but the atmosphere is worth it! The snacks are are delicious too :D I'd pay more for better coffee.

- This Free Life Crisis -

Starbucks is so pricey. I used a $10 certificate to buy 2 drinks, just for my friend and myself. Well, I guess you can't buy too much with $10 anyway. Stupid inflation...

Soda has also been on the rise before it was $1 but now vending machinces have them at $1.25 and some stores charge more!

starbucks is lame, and they have the most horrible cup of coffee i've ever tasted in my entire life. They can't make a good old fashioned Regular coffee for the life of them

I'd Rather stimulate your mind than emulate your purpose

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

Compared to Tim Hortens. Pricy indeed! But then again, you can get lots of different coffee's at Starbucks. *Sigh* maybe they balance out.

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

inuyasha-hanyou7

inuyasha-hanyou7

~Dark Demon~

I don't go there all that much. It's good, but really pricey. You could get a whole meal for the prices they charge for one coffee!

I dont even know if there is a Starbucks in Maine...

Go to www.flyingturkey.com/boards
then join and read the stories behind the name at the Creative Tendencies board.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.