Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 descriptions here on mt - Minitokyo

descriptions here on mt

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Asahi

Asahi

gone

hi all ^.^

i have a question to you in question of the wallpaper descriptions .. really often i see in the description only what time or layers was use and something what have done . nothing more. give it not more interesting to say ? yes, i think so ! what is about the thoughts ?! are they so unimportant to write it not in it ? why ? imo the thoughts are more important as the time or the layers ...

whats your opinion of it ?

(sorry my english is not the best in the morning ^_^' )

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

I think it's because after a person has made a wall, they really can't be bothered to talk about it unless they are really impressed with and want everyone to know everything they did. For me sometimes I just dont like talking about it, and really can't be bothered. XD I suppose it's the same for some other people, but I dont know.

Signature

amy

amy

StudioDink

I was just thinking about adding more to my descriptions of my wallpapers. I would like to know what others think. The last few that I have done, I have actually had to retype the description due to getting error pages, so I get frustrated and just put the vague descriptions that I do.

I would like to change that though.

*sorry I am so rambling right now. No sleep and working on a new wallpaper for the last 5 hours with no break makes me ramble*

Signature Image
Something that I created as a tutorial

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

I think it's just that they want to tell the people that they did it by themselves and what hardships they've underwent. Some walls without some descriptions how they worked on it may sometimes be mistaken as a ripped wallpaper or an effortless wallpaper. But I do think that the description part should describe what is portrayed in the wallpaper, not how it is done. (But I also include the layers and time.^^;; Though it's just a little part in my description.^^;;)

Anyway, have a nice day!^_______^

Signature

cygnus

cygnus

Retired Dragon...eh?!

I like to write something other than the technical issues on my walls' description lately, even though I know not all of my viewers will read it anyway ^^ Mostly I like to write about my feelings, reasons of making those wall, anything. I wouldn't considering it as useless, because sometimes I could enjoy the wall more if I knew the history behind it.
That just a thought :D

Felesya

Felesya

Inhumane but beautiful

in my case, its because i'm too bad in english, i can't write so much in english..and i need to much time to write a description...shame on me! >__< to say what i think is very difficult for me.. ._______.

Signature

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

hmm... i like writing processes but also feelings as well when I describe my walls- depends on if i just finished and are still in the wall-making mode.... but I personaly love reading about them, yet I don't think everyone else does the same -_- ... i've had people ask Q's which were already answered in the description. [shrugs]

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

kaidou

kaidou

.mousou.dairinin.

I just put the layers and time because I want people to know that even though my work's not that good, I tried really hard on it...I'd much rather talk about the thought process and the initial idea I wanted to achieve, and I try to do that as much as possible. I think it makes it a bit more special than just whipping one out. ^_^ Maybe I am also intimidated by really good wallers that seem to use a billion layers and add lots of detail and maybe I just want people to think I did that too ^_^ Anyway, I like to talk about _why_ I made a wall more than _how_ I did it.

My website of nothing: Sappari
http://www.kame-house.net/sappari

Silent-Heart

Silent-Heart

~Silent Black Heart~

Hm if i write a description or not always depend on my mood and what i'm thinking that made me make the wallpaper. I don't now what you have in your mind but sometime i have a lyric or a poem in my head that will out of it. so i make a wallpaper and write something about it ^^

Signature Image

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

I think for my first wall, I was unsure of what was appropriate to write, and although I tried to show a little bit more than I have seen on this website, I think there is only so much that maybe some people want to say in a wall.

For serial posters - people who post lots, randomly, perhaps not the best quality but huuuge quantity of walls - tend to only say a couple of things such as "heres my new wall, enjoy" and thats it.

For more serious detailed artists - the ones that are usually featured on the 'featured bit' - they tend to have a more detailed description, because, after working so hard, I too would want to make sure that people had noticed the amount of work I had done.

Stolen-chan
x

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

lol if there wasn't a character limit when submitting a wallie >.> i wouldn't have put any descriptions in with my submission :P but it kinda depends whether i have the mood... i find it odd how everyone loves to put in the amount of layers they did and how much time they spent on it :S in someway, it is to me.. kinda bragging >.< but that's just my personal opinion so don't come and hunt me down for it :X

Signature

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

I heard what some of you are saying and I feel the same way too.Mosts artists would rather give what gave rise the concept and what they were shooting for rather than give the technically aspects for the wall. The descriptoiuon is usually deep,becasue I know if I put a ton of work and effort,I would want to elt people know how I felt about it.Also,some people keep it short and sweet for one reason that they did put alot work into it or didn't want to do a long winded iteration for ir fatre taking the time to accomplish.And like someone mentioned,it also depends on their mood.If they are in a good modd,they'll probably say a good bit for the description;if they are in a bad mood,then it will be short .On that, it solely up to the person to give a certain amount of ionfo on a completed wall,yet they should at least give a few details on their work,even if the description is short.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

dead

dead

Komm Susser Tod!

Quote by Selesyain my case, its because i'm too bad in english, i can't write so much in english..and i need to much time to write a description...shame on me! >__< to say what i think is very difficult for me.. ._______.

I have the same problem, cuz my english is bad T_T

Signature Image
...Vanity definitely my favorite sin...

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

It's good to write sumthing about the wall, but in my case, many of you would have already noticed that I end up writing paragraphs ^___^"
It just goes on and on and I think this often put people off ..
But, I write it anyway as a proof that the wall is mine ^___^
The people who read do read so it's all the same worth it ^___^

i guess mayb sum artists just thinks that pplz would want 2 kno wah they did 2 the wallpaper and thinks pplz r more interested in how 2 make a smiliar or mayb even tips 4 their wallpapers. it all depends on the artists i guess..... sum write about their thoughts and everything other artists just writes about artwork stuff....not alot of pplz like 2 write alot about their artwork....mayb caz we r already tired from making the artwork kekek i dunnoz thats wah i think

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

During more recent art movements, what was written by the artist has been considered just as valuable as the artwork itself. Even if you ramble, make no sense or can't speak In-ger-ish (english XP ) it's still good to share your creative thoughts...especially with a community so willing to hear them. We're all artists here!

i agree with Boogy though, sometimes after walling, an artist might be creatively exhausted. I think they should go back to their wall a little later and then write something about it in retrospect.

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

I'm not really thinking anytime about a picture, i see often a character on a page or i read a book, and then a picture is creating in my mind. Should i write down the hole site of the book, where i get the idea?
It is really hard to write about a picture when you have nothing in your mind. Sometimes i create a picture only by a song, but the only thing that is depends on the music i hear is the color of th background or the color at the charakter.

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

True... I haven't seen many say "I love this wallpaper, but I wonder you think?". I typed that in my last wallpaper... but I rarely got any feedback... - -;;

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Sorceres00

Sorceres00

Sekiria

mmmm... i don't know, maybe the people like to talk about "technical issue" , or they just does it unconsciously, how knows :hmpf: , maybe i did but don't remember XP

Signature
Fate and Fake........Love and Pain

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Quote by dead

Quote by Selesyain my case, its because i'm too bad in english, i can't write so much in english..and i need to much time to write a description...shame on me! &gt;__&lt; to say what i think is very difficult for me.. ._______.

I have the same problem, cuz my english is bad T_T

Quote by artgeek12i agree with Boogy though, sometimes after walling, an artist might be creatively exhausted. I think they should go back to their wall a little later and then write something about it in retrospect.

Hmm, but minna, I feel that this problem (wallers/doujin artists who cannot make detailed descriptions simply because they are too pooped) might actually open up new avenues of participation among the wallpaper artists and non-artist members of Minitokyo.

i remember DernierCri-friend giving this advice to a member who wants to participate and involve herself/himself in MT activities but cannot make wallpapers or drawings. DernierCri-friend said that one may ask the wallpaper or doujinshi artist if they'd allow to dedicate/compose/write a caption for the wall/doujin.

Isn't that what the "description" also means... a caption?

There might actually be some MT members there who are willing to compose a poem, some prose or some lines that might successfully reflect what the artist wants to convey in her/his work. That way, even non-artists participate and involve themselves in the creative process. ^_^

Asking or offering MT non-artist members to write or dedicate captions to their art might further enjoyment and participation in mt... and, who knows, might lessen the 'leecher tendency' of people. ^_^

The Doujinshi, Caption Writing & CG-Coloring event this March has Part 2 - Caption Writing as one of the events. It would awesome and a critical part in building links around the community if Part 2 is really promoted.

[If this sounds like shameless promotion, Asahi and minna, please feel free to report this post. ^^ I have longed to add this comment days ago, but was too busy promoting other stuff. Thanks for the insightful thread, Asahi! ]

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Rinkin

Rinkin

Avant-Garde

On how they make the wallpapers, its probably just because they want to keep their artistic integrity. ;p I know that when I put my stuff up anywhere, I never tell people how I made it. No offense, but I love to whore what I do myself. D:

and thoughts about it? *shrug* There could be no real emotion attached to it. I know that by now, I'm so exhausted with my style and what I do that I just can't care to be emotionally attached to it. Its either, "I'm proud of it", or "Not quite." Never anything else anymore.

Then again, Boogert is right on some aspects too. o_O;

Adrima

Adrima

.: Rippen Kitten :.

in my case, its because i'm too bad in english,
I'm willing to write all my thoughts but I miss too much vocabulars >_<
and I don't want to frustrate anyone with my englisch >_>
so that's why I can't write so much in english....shame on me! >__<

.: Maybe we want to live in this tranquille and sad world? :.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.