Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Snip,snip aaargh!! :o - Minitokyo

Snip,snip aaargh!! :o

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

No this is not a thread aboud bar-mitzwa's or vasectomies, its aboud plants, poor little innocent plants.

Story: today one of our windows was being replaced so I hid away in my room until all the commotion was over. when I came out and into the kitchen there was my mother telling me happely she cut our inside-palmtree, comment "it was irretating me" what? how could she do that, again!
for some years ago we had a big caktus in the living room that had been there since like when I was born and I always liked looking at the caktus and seeing it was most as tall as I was. she just cut the top off, also that was irretating her. It is death now. How could you just cut off something that has been living in your living room for more than 15 years! it has a soul being part of live for such a long time.
So now our palmtree is missing two of its brenches and it has a really weird shape now (just a small tree) the palmtree hadn't been here as long as the caktus but we saved it from the neighbours and now she's murdering it herselve! now I veel very sad for our poor little palmtree. It really upsets me, really I'm almost in tears! just trying to find some comfort I guess. :)

But I would like to know what you think of meddeling with nature. for example cut a tree just it looks better without that brench, for city view I hate it when I ride the bus, look out of the window and see rows of trees with ugly cut-off brenches. So what are your views on, trimming trees, bushes, (what about those nice animal shapes) bonsai? or even mowing the lawn. What do you think of that I think that a plant is supposed to be like nature ment it to be or elsewise it wouldn't have been that way to begin with, keep your hands off!

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

your mother needs a finger cut... yes I know what you meen... Once I joined a Bonsai club, then I discovered the member were old people who love to toture little trees ir order to make them smaller. they even cut their roots!!! and then filled them with hormones so it wouldn't die from stress...
and the worss, they were unable to admire normal nature, if they saw a beautifull tree in the street they would say "that would look lovely as a bonsai"
AAARRRHHG!!!! I hate them so much! I quited that freaking club! (not after I gave them all I piece of my mind of course)...
The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighiery describes on of the circles of hell for those who mistreat nature... Mortals are burried from the waist down and grow thousands of arms, hands and fingers, then Demon Gardeners cut their limbs once and again as they grow back causing them a terrible and continuos pain... >=(

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Your mother doesn't really have 'green fingers' does she? I wonder why she even bothers to have plants in the first place if she's just going to hack away at them when they 'bother' her :p

I'm kinda lucky in the sense that all of my family are into gardening or looking after plants, etc. My mom would happilly break her back while toiling in the garden and my brother is a tree surgeon... I'm the least plant-minded but even I feel for plants being mercilessly chopped away at pointlessly.

Just think of when you have a place of your own and you'll be able to have your own little jungle of un-snipped plants :D

I think that's really terrible...especially plants that have sentimental value to people. The least she could've done was plant it in the back yard and hoped for it to live. I fail to see how a plant could irritate anyone though...it's a plant. It's not like it talks behind your back or shouts advice to the characters on the television.

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Quote by Norimune
The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighiery describes on of the circles of hell for those who mistreat nature... Mortals are burried from the waist down and grow thousands of arms, hands and fingers, then Demon Gardeners cut their limbs once and again as they grow back causing them a terrible and continuos pain... >=(

O_o that is terrible but holds some sense though...

Quote by yurikohime
Just think of when you have a place of your own and you'll be able to have your own little jungle of un-snipped plants :D

I always liked an indoor junge but first I must try to find a way to keep my plants alive havn't even been able to keep my aquarium plants! :D

Quote by ShieldDrakeI think that's really terrible...especially plants that have sentimental value to people. The least she could've done was plant it in the back yard and hoped for it to live. I fail to see how a plant could irritate anyone though...it's a plant. It's not like it talks behind your back or shouts advice to the characters on the television.

:D Your so right! and unfortunately we don't have a back yard we live at the thirt story of the building.

Signature

Holt

Holt

pffft

Quick call greenpeace!
I know what you guys mean. Greenery is great to look at and best when allowed to grow wild. Ahh, nature.

Signature Image

This sound much like what my art teacher did
he was growing a plant for 14 years and one day he just decided to hack the whole plant off its roots, there was only a small stump left
the poor thing! and he said its because he didn't want to have anything "depending" on him
what a stupid reason, he could of just gave it to someone who could of taken care of it for him
there really is no point on hacking off the branches of a plant
its just going to hurt the branches and may cause an infection which makes it even worse
its just soo sad to see broken branches on plants,
and honestly it really doesn't make the place look better w/ broken branches all over

Awww I'm so sorry.. that's terrible >.< I love palm trees D:

I hate it when ppl cut down plants without a good reason T__T I mean I'm okay with it if you trim it a little for aesthetic value (especially in urban areas) without really hurting/killing it but just because it's irritating? And how so? Makes no sense to me >.<

Signature Image

XavierCrow

From Angel to Vigilante

I spent most of my life living in a developing village. When I was a kid, I used to play... well, pretty much everywhere! XP Unfortunately, now, due to development, all the trees are being cut down to make way for housing estates... it's kind've weird to see something so large, that's been there since before you were born, just get cut down like that! As far as I'm concerned, tree's are the oldest residents of the town, and they should have their say in the council! XP Nah, but it sucks... I like nature... mowed lawns or not, I like to see some green! I hate concrete jungles! -_-

In the end, all there is, is what exists and what we believe or perceive is true... and there's no distinctions between the two.
- Myself

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

well i don't think thats nice
but y is somethig like that in the living room??,... it should B outside or sumfinn
well,... at least if u want it alive and away from ur mother
but i've neva seen or heard of a plant in a living room for fifteen years ^_^' heheh

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Quote by acid-awakeningwell i don't think thats nice
but y is somethig like that in the living room??,... it should B outside or sumfinn
well,... at least if u want it alive and away from ur mother
but i've neva seen or heard of a plant in a living room for fifteen years ^_^' heheh

Here it is normal to have rows of potted plants in front of your windows, in the corner of the rooms or on top of your furniture, yeah almost everyone here has plants in their living rooms, and if they don't die they just stay there that long I know people who have had them for so long there actually is a little jungle inside :) I think it looks great to have such matured plants in the house better than all those little ones, and becouse it takes so long to grow it really is something special, a lot of people have no gardens and a lot of plants can't stay alive outside, so they stay inside.

Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.