Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Have You Ever Attempted To Make A Wall Before? - Minitokyo

Have You Ever Attempted To Make A Wall Before?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

When you first showed up online, you often see all around the web - these several wallpapers which looked quite nice, and you just wanted to make a wall so good just like the ones shown up on display, that you tend to think to yourself.

Hey - I want to try this kind of thing as well. It definitely looks cool.

So I was curious - have you ever considered making a wallpaper before in your lifetime? How did you first start walling here? Any inspirations?

And have you ever even considered making one if you haven't done so already, or probably decided not to do so, anyways? Thanks, I appreciate your responses as always here. Take care.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

at first i started by just messing around but now i've seen soo many great walls and soo many good anime scenes that its just soo inspirational not to try and make a good wall
im working on a project right now and it should be finished before the month is over...just gotta find more time to do it...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

I was playing with some scans the 1st time I am make a wallie! But till a friend in here teach me how to make a proper wallie! ^^ Well as soon as i make the 1st wallie, I became to love making it! I would like to thk a friend here for teaching me how to do it at here! Without her help, I would nvr done a wallie! Sounds incredible!!? But its true! Chibi-Lizard thks for ur help! ^^

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

I did, but it was terribly out of line. I fear I will never have a career in masonry.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Chizuku

Chizuku

"simply me..."

waa~! hi.. i tried to make one.. but later on i found out that it wasnt pretty.. it was so simple and plain... if ever i learn how to use photoshop and get one... i'l keep on trying making walls... because i always would like to... well that's all. bye-bye!
Jaa-ne~! XP :pacman: ;)

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Tried it and wasn't particularly inspired by the results. I'm a lazy person in nature and really have to be in the right mood before I can start to wall. I might have another go later on, but would have to be a lot better before I start again ^^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Sigourney

Sigourney

perfectAssassin

I tried... but it sucked... so I don't make walls anymore ;p... + even if I start, I don't have the patience to finish them... I just stuck to drawing...

Signature Image
Showtaro Morikubo-sama~<333

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by SigourneyI tried... but it sucked... so I don't make walls anymore ;p... + even
if I start, I don't have the patience to finish them... I just stuck to
drawing...

lol - oh dear, I come back and look what I came across.

Hey, don't worry. After the third wall I made, I quit. The first was Ayumi Hamasaki - that was okay, for a beginner. The second was for Kyoko Fukada - that was simply fantastic, and the third was never completed, so I scrapped it in the garbage. I lost interest as well - lol. I'll stick back with Doujinshi, thanks. **Nods** Drawing is a great skill to have, actually. I hope you're good at it too - lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Sigourney

Sigourney

perfectAssassin

Quote by Celessalol - oh dear, I come back and look what I came across.

Hey, don't worry. After the third wall I made, I quit. The first was Ayumi Hamasaki - that was okay, for a beginner. The second was for Kyoko Fukada - that was simply fantastic, and the third was never completed, so I scrapped it in the garbage. I lost interest as well - lol. I'll stick back with Doujinshi, thanks. **Nods** Drawing is a great skill to have, actually. I hope you're good at it too - lol

<lol> Haha... I was told I'm good at drawing ;p... wanna check it out, then I have some in my gallery :x ...

As for walls... mine first one was with Aoi Nanase scan... and I liked it... but I hated every next one *sigh* ^_^'...

Signature Image
Showtaro Morikubo-sama~<333

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

Quote by TaurecI did, but it was terribly out of line. I fear I will never have a career in masonry.

XD like it
For the safety of myself and other internet viewers after making a wallpaper it is safely disposed of in the recycle bin :D I would prefer to draw doujinshi, however fan art is all I can muster up. As my CGing isnt too flash either I keep away from the whole lot
*sulks around in the forums*

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I did 3 wallpapers recently., but I think that they deserved more credit than they took. I thought I would get more feedback because I used beautiful techniques (no ecchi if you want to know because that tends to turn some of these guys on, which is their biggest problem). No! I busted my ass to do these wallpapers sitting up until 3 in the morning, and what do I get in return? -_-

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by melmachine18I did 3 wallpapers recently., but I think that they deserved more
credit than they took. I thought I would get more feedback because I
used beautiful techniques (no ecchi if you want to know because that
tends to turn some of these guys on, which is their biggest problem).
No! I busted my ass to do these wallpapers sitting up until 3 in the
morning, and what do I get in return? -_-

Whoa mel - don't worry there, buddy. I'm sure these things take time. I can sense the frustration - it happens often. lol - Minitokyo Perv - gah. ROFL.

Nice catch.

Anyways mel - I only liked one of your walls you've done really well in my opinion - yeah, the girl with the big hat on. Lillith, I believe? Now that was one heck of a wall that did deserve more favs. indeed. Note: Look at most of the statistics. Leechers everywhere! Views, downloads mostly, very little comments left behind. Favs. as well. I know, that's a shame indeed. Meh - C'est la vie.

Signature

heh..yea i have tried to make walls as you all have seen before. They really didn't turn out very well so i really haven't done anymore walls. But I continue working on PS to one day make another wall. -_-

Signature

As one or none of you might have seen in my declaration of future excellence thread (lol); I am on a wallpapering mission. So far I've made 2; the first (http://www.otakuelite.com/1280_1024_shima.html) was rejected due to simplicity, but I really wouldn't change it, to me simplicity can be a definite style. (But I will admit I didn't spend the most time on it).

The second (http://www.otakuelite.com/trancepaperpage.html) I KNOW isn't good enough. I made an original sketch in "Eastern/Western World Views" class in a lecture, traced it to drawing paper in "Intro to Psychology" class, and painted and shaded it in PS (my very first attempt at anything like that). I then borrowed a background from the Hubble telescope, put in some lense flares, and there we are, recipe for a crappy wall!

Anyway, these 2 attempts aren't truly my best; I'm waiting till I find the perfect art book, then I'll make something truly meaningful. I really hope there's an Elfen Lied artbook I can find somewhere. (If anyone knows of one tell me!) Till the right time comes I'll continue looking at other's beautiful work and learning as much as I can from everything. I will suceed, I will prevail, everyone just wait, the halls of your minds will be echoing with a name whispered in cool legato - Trance. (OK so maybe that's exaggeration, but it was a fun thought, lol.)

And there we have my long-winded story thus far.

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hey... what about the poll option "i'd love to try, but i don't have the needed software nor do i have the cash to buy any" ? T_T coz' that's pretty much my case, so i'll stick to doujinshis i guess... though doujin artirts don't get a lot of recognition here on MT T_T

Kwadjo

zionist

It sucls cause you gotta have specific proportions in mind.Then squeeze the end result to fit the numbers, or trim it. But I cant complain there cool.

Signature

To me, making a wall is just out of fun.
i don't really care if people like it or not.
for me, if i had fun making this wall, then it's worth it.
^^

Wish you can forgive your yesterdays
Wish you can love your tomorrows

hmz....well....before I get to mt....I never thought about making wallpapers.......also never heard about photoshop >.> ....after getting to mt....I got interesse to make a wall....because I got a lesson and introduce for ps.....and I think it was a nice program, so I wan to test it....and then...my first wallpaper came out....after that one...I wan to master ps a bit.....searching for the effects...the things what ps can or not.....but it was really an amazing program....now I wall because I wan to be better in it =), I enjoy walling ^_^...but it's hard to find inspiration.....also mood and time are problems.......without these things....there can't be a good wall......

I don't know I not smart with this kind of stuff and leave me alone
*go cry in the corner* XD HA HA HA HA

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i didn't see an option for my answer so i'll post it here:
^_^' i want to try but never have enough money to buy Photoshop or any other program for making walls...and i would download it but my comp will be running on 56k for probably another year...
the reason for this is because by brother used his AOL e-mail address for his school to send important information to...
but we might have DSL if my sister gets completely moved back in to the house...so i hope that i will be able to try making walls soon (a year or earlier ^_^) but for now i'll just lvl up by posting around MT

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

I've made three wallpapers now, which I'm fairly proud of. Since I began, my skills have continued to increase at a very high rate, and, who knows? Maybe I'll be making really high demand walls here eventually. You can see my two submissions here by taking the links in my signature. I'm actually already in the process of making another wallpaper, though I'm not sure that this one's going to be finished anytime soon--I really want it to be something special.

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

i tried and sucked

miyano

watashi no uta

ehehe celessa XD i almost thought you were talking about the walls(u know..house walls..blahblah.)haha..how stupid of me^_^'
i want to make wallies.. but i don't know how to x_x.. and i'm kinda busy with my school homeworks ><.. exam's coming too @@'
eheh..i'm outta the topic^^' sorry~!

i'm not that good at art. I would try to make one, but i don't know where to start or what to do? I think i will stick with looking at other peoples.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.