Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Would You Feel If Your Wall / Hard Work Was Being Ripped? - Minitokyo

How Would You Feel If Your Wall / Hard Work Was Being Ripped?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Okay, I decided to post it in the Everyday Life section because this does concern with life everyday, and so I placed it in here.

Question - If you were to put yourself in somebody's shoes - let's say this awesome waller or game designer who made this fantastic wall / program and then as you privately publish it online, your work immediately gets ripped - hours or even minutes after being sent through the Internet by some anonymous hacker / user.

Now that you know the situation.

How would you feel if you went on a site and found out that your stuff you ever worked so hard on was on there, ready to be downloaded by the mass public? What would you do? Tell me your thoughts. I was just interested indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I would be extremely disappointed, especially if my work isn't authenticated. First off, I think it would be wise to authenticate your work so this way the other people would have to give me credit. If I find out my work is used in any way without my credit, I will get some money out of it.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

If it was here on Minitokyo, I wouldn't feel that bad at all because I know that the moderators would sort it out for me and in doing so, it would create morepublicity for my wall ^^ .
I'd be slightly more annoyed if it was somewhere else, but really, it doesn't bother me. Probably because I don't wall.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

MuZ0NaZ

MuZ0NaZ

The Muzzinator

if it was my hard work, i'd just want to kill the ripper, slowly and painfully (or take the content posted elsewhere down >_>).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
--Terry Pratchett

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

Quote by CelessaHow would you feel if you went on a site and found out that your stuff you ever worked so hard on was on there, ready to be downloaded by the mass public? What would you do?

>=( ano yarou korosu... joking :)
i think i'll forgive and forget, u'll feel better that ways.

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by tatsuyaano yarou korosu... joking

bwahahaha.... Tatsuya-san hontou wa yasashii desu.. XD

about the publicity.... mmmm I must agree that being ripped means more publicity, as long as my signature on that wall still intact... (If there's anyone erasing it or altering it, then, I'll rip his lungs out to express my gratitude :) )

i used to be really pissed off knowing that my walls were ripped and all, but nowadays I think I will just let it happen, since it's the nature of humans and the inevitable dark side of the internet...

one thing I want to point out to all the rippers out there :
"Crediting ain't gonna took hours or years of your life, just a few minutes to ask for permission or stuff.... don't be such a pathetic loser, and do have a common sense for being a civilised being. Thank you. :) "

p.s.
am I being polite enough? ^_^'

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

Quote by KorganoSmmmm I must agree that being ripped means more publicity, as long as my signature on that wall still intact... (If there's anyone erasing it or altering it, then, I'll rip his lungs out to express my gratitude :) )

wow~ you're so kind too. :D

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Quote by KorganoSone thing I want to point out to all the rippers out there :
"Crediting ain't gonna took hours or years of your life, just a few minutes to ask for permission or stuff.... don't be such a pathetic loser, and do have a common sense for being a civilised being. Thank you.

*nods* kai kai,so agree with you ^^,and if somebody rip my work,first of all xD,he(she) is crazy,cause you can find better work than mine here,but if he(she) delete my signature,i have to pull out BanYa (My Katana) and "play" around

K I R A B O S H I !

I would be extremeley angry if they had not seeked permission first and had not given credit where due.
Luckily my work sucks, so there's no chance of that happening to me, but I'm sure if this sort of work stealing carried on, (like everytime a picture was posted), legal cases could be brought about...especially if you put copyrights on your work (Copyrights don't cost anything for artwork and similar stuff).

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

I would be very upset and angry too. It happens a lot in real life, people are ready to take credit for others' works, and the bad thing is they will be ready to do that again whenever they have chance. How sad!!! :(

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

First, I'd be very upset because they took it without my acknowledgement.
Secondly, I'd check things out to see if they gave any credits.
If they did give credit, then I wouldn't be upset, because as Korg' said-"more publicity". :nya: Which is a very good thing! ^_^
If they did not give credits,--or if they altered it in any way--however, I probably would report them to their host, or at least speak with them about removing my work.
-Li-

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

Kwadjo

zionist

Thats a good question babe, like umm I would feel honored that my work is so expendible.

Signature

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Remember, there is a Stop Rippers group in Minitokyo. Discussions about ripping and feelings are alo posted there.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

well, i don't wall, so i don't know about that, but if it were for my original drawings (and yes i did say original drawings, that is those whose character i invented) i'd probably be pissed... maybe not to the point of becoming murderous like some people up there though ^^

in the case of fanart, i don't know, coz' technically i rip them myself from an author, i just redo them my own way just for the pleasure of redoing the same lines the author drew... so i guess i wouldn't exactly mind... notice, i'd still prefer being asked and given credit for those as well, but whatever, it's not the end of the world ^^

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

---

Meeeeeeeh EVIL DOUBLE POST ... Be gone faul creature ...... *poof*

---

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Quote: privately publish it online

think thats a oxymoron <g>

I would be
a) Happy, somebody actually liked my work, yay free PR
b) I would rip out his skull and beat him to death with it.

Since "b" is wishful thinking, I would resort to public humiliation, flames and other verbal abuse. maybe contact his ISP/Host later.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

hum......interesting Q.
i would track this person down and sue that person i guess for stealing my work.
it's a crime.

Wish you can forgive your yesterdays
Wish you can love your tomorrows

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

every1 will feel the same way
Sadness, Anger, Psyco,.... all those type ofcourse

Quote by KorganoS
about the publicity.... mmmm I must agree that being ripped means more
publicity, as long as my signature on that wall still intact... (If
there's anyone erasing it or altering it, then, I'll rip his lungs out
to express my gratitude :) )
i used to be really pissed off knowing that my walls were ripped and
all, but nowadays I think I will just let it happen, since it's the
nature of humans and the inevitable dark side of the internet...
"Crediting ain't gonna took hours or years of your life, just a few
minutes to ask for permission or stuff.... don't be such a pathetic
loser, and do have a common sense for being a civilised being. Thank
you. :) "

I agreed with korg =) ...well that ripping lungs and things...>.>....forget it >.>
well....I could be mad....but I think you can't blame it.....you placed your work on internet and you want to let people see......well...if someone just ripped it and didn't put the credits and things...bad luck.......but.....you work will be spread out even more.....even if they dun know that you've made it.......so...it's really about how you will look against a event like this.....

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Well, since i am a waller and a mediocre one at that, i really dont fear my walls being ripped. But if some goon does, i would be pissed. If i was a programer, and saw that my program was being ripped by a gazillion users, i would cry with happiness knowing that i am loved that much. really, i would!!

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Hmm... lets see , wouldn't u feel proud Xd , since that can mean that your wall worth ripping for XD>

As long as all the things stay in place signatues etc, lik Korgie said, i think it should be fine
Just hoping thopse rippers give u some credits -_- no just rip and claiming it their own

Anyway, all this rippers issues happened everyday, in anytypes of things, and I think the creator or the owner should deal with it somehow like signature etc.
Anyway that just my opinion.,

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by Taurec

I would be
a) Happy, somebody actually liked my work, yay free PR b) I would rip
out his skull and beat him to death with it. Since "b" is wishful
thinking, I would resort to public humiliation, flames and other verbal
abuse. maybe contact his ISP/Host later. </g>

i agree Taurec, i think that i would fell the same way.

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

lol.. this reminds me my one experience here in mt. XD
but yeah, I wouldnt have too much problem with this really, but...

Quote by Taurec

I would be
a) Happy, somebody actually liked my work, yay free PR b) I would rip
out his skull and beat him to death with it. Since "b" is wishful
thinking, I would resort to public humiliation, flames and other verbal
abuse. maybe contact his ISP/Host later. </g>

I would feel like how Taurec here feels too... XD

Quote by KorganoS.... as long as my signature on that wall still intact... (If
there's anyone erasing it or altering it, then, I'll rip his lungs out
to express my gratitude :) )
i used to be really pissed off knowing that my walls were ripped and
all, but nowadays I think I will just let it happen, since it's the
nature of humans and the inevitable dark side of the internet...
"Crediting ain't gonna took hours or years of your life, just a few
minutes to ask for permission or stuff.... don't be such a pathetic
loser, and do have a common sense for being a civilised being. Thank
you. :) ...

lol.. okay u said a mouth full bubby.. X) but hey like u said what ya gonna really anyways.. but then yea, if someone took off my name on the walls I make and put their name on, I'll bwe pissoff really bad and gonna ring someone's neck too.. XP

Signature

If I notice that someone is ripping me, I'll do what I did the first time I found out someone was ripping me:
I looked him up and I managed to even know where he live and then I mailed him to please stop the ripping or I would report him because It's a crime to steal art. =P

May the foes be with you.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.