Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Would You Feel If Your Wall / Hard Work Was Being Ripped? - Minitokyo

How Would You Feel If Your Wall / Hard Work Was Being Ripped?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

I'm not sure what i would do. I think i would be happy that people like my stuff and want it, but then i think i might be annoyed because it took so long to make but easily copied.

Holt

Holt

pffft

I'd be like, "hey, sweet, someone likes my wall enough to copy it!"
then I'd be like, "DIE YOU THIEVING SCUM"
and hunt him/her down and feed them to sharks/pigs

Signature Image

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

You post stuff online knowing it will be posted. That's how companies work. They create digital objects (programs, DVDs, CDs, whatnot) knowing they will be ripped and posted online for free, even if it took them a lot of money to make.

What makes us so important to get all huffy about being ripped is beyond me. It happens, keep living, and don't give a shit. Oh, but be pleased that someone thinks your stuff is good enough to rip.

And now you'll get on my case that corporations already have enough money and illegally taking from them is okay, since they have so much money already. But if you think about it... It's the same thing. It doesn't matter if they have so much money. Someone worked hard on it and we're taking it for free. Sure we're not posting it online and claiming it as our own (that's kind of impossible), but we are using it free of charge.

If anyone replies to this, please write something on my guestbook, or give me a PM, so I remember to check and reply... I'd love to hear feedback.

Signature

Aplos

Aplos

Meow-mix

Pretty damn pissed? (and I don't mean the englished version of pissed, drunk) But there's usually not much you can do about it :/ Life must go on...just not his/her life! I'm just kidding.

Signature

A job well done is its own reward, honestly I wouldn't care if something I made was used by someone else or downloaded, that people showed interest in something I created would be mindblowing enough. Some of the best work comes from people borrowing themes or ideas from each other, George Macdonald never got angry with C S Lewis for writing Lion Witch & the Wardrobe did he? Even though the book borrowed heavily from Macdonalds' Lillith. And imagine if he had taken Lewis to court and demanded reparations or that the work be destroyed for plaigerism, we would be without a great book and most likely without the Chronicles of Narnia, this is just one example, perhaps not one everyone is familiar with, but at least can relate to. If everything is copyrighted and unusable eventually there will be no more creativity. I think a true artist or any kind of creator should be inpsired by people taking interest in his work, whatever way they do. If you create for the sole purpose of making money off every single person who uses or accesses your creation, you might as well start charging people for breathing air as well...its just that pointless. Who knows, the person who got free acess to your videogame might like some of the ideas and concepts of the game so much that it inspires him to become a game designer himself some day. I guess to sum up what I am trying to say, lower your ego for a bit and revel in the fact that people actually want access to your work so bad that they would take the time to crack it and share with others.

if it was me i will be:

1. very happy ... cuz someone like my works ...
2. i don't mind if somebody rip my works...as long as they don't put their own name on it, just let it be without name art ....
3. i will make more art and put more credit so people know that those kind of art was made by me ....

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I dunno. ...I wish the law was such that material could be exchanged freely, so long as it's free. ....And only the originator/owner could make money or take credit for the work. ...On the flipside though, the people that get money or take credit for other people's work are just a disappointment. I'd rather they do something real with their lives, rather than pertend to be something they're not.

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Quote by MuZ0NaZif it was my hard work, i'd just want to kill the ripper, slowly and painfully (or take the content posted elsewhere down >_>).

This would be my initial reaction too. But then the Internet is a ripper's paradise so I suppose I'd let bygones be bygones. If it was a huge money making idea though I'd probably sue the person's head off provided I'd been smart enough to patent the idea. XD

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

You know what? Forget my first post. I have better plans.

*grabs pistol* Don't make me... *fires some bullets* Take that moron for ripping my work. What? You want more? I'll give you more. *fires some more bullets, then looks back at spectators* Oh, did I do this? Heheheh. Must've went overboard. *dashes quickly*

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

well...honestly i wouldn't care much. in a way i would be flattered that someone looked at my work in a way that they liked it enough to rip it. also. i don't do art for money, or for myself really.

i like drawing and all that jazz because i get to share it with people. that is always my intent when i do something, to give it to other people, and even if someone did take something that i had done and claimed it as there own, i would know that i had done it first, so it wouldn't matter. i don't want publiciity or any of that jazz. just to say
"hey, i did a drawing/or whatever, maybe someone will want this. yeah, you can have it."
i don't really mind. i understand fully why some people might be irritated or disappointed at this, and i fully respect their feelings for that, but i'm just not that way. oh well i guess.

however, i do get a little disappointed when i have an idea for a project or something and i don't do it right away and later i see something done in the way that i had planned to do. it happens.

Signature

i feel good:)

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

well, if my wallies ever become good enough to be ripped, i'd be really mad because they never got my permission to do so.... i'd prob sue them or something if i could

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

If i will release something like this i will make a set with certain style so it will be harder to rip...

VindicatoR

VindicatoR

Greato!

I think the general person would feel a bit sad/angry, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the wall is bad. It just means that it was not the person's taste that ripped it.

All walls are not meant for everyone. There are a lot of walls that would only be appreciated by some people that share the same taste as the creator.

I would normally not rip someone for his wall, only if the person said it's like the best wall out there, and thinks that he is the best.
And that the wall is not that great.

I think everyone should just take in mind what amount of effort and time it takes to make a good wall. And then give comments.

And too all the people making there own walls, keep doing so and keep up the good work.

Thats all i have to say. :)

angry... grrr.... maybe a lil sad... but who cares, i'll make a new one! ;)

it's rock lee in my avy, if you don't recognise him! ^u^v

well, that's a hard question to be honest ... but i have to correct you in one of your thoughts. you said "and then as you privately publish it online" ... i mean seriously, since when does publishing your art online has something to do with privacy?

now there would be a few "rules" that would make your wallpaper ... lets say unknown but not private. for example:
if you publish something privatly ...

1. ... dont publish it on minitokyo or another huge community (that's pretty clear isnt it?)

2. ... always try to sign it somehow so you can at least get people to know you by name (do not sign it with your homepage adress or something similar ...).

3. ... always make sure you have a disclaimer that backs you up, it's something like a copyright. normaly every art that you produce has copyright on it if you demand it as far as i know. so you have to mention on you site or whereever you publish it privatly that you do not want somebody to steal your art. on this way you are backed up a little bit against such cruelty ...

4. ... check that the internet site you are publishing it on does not allow search-engine-bots. that's very important because if it does everybody who knows how to use ... for example google (yes there are a lot of people who do not know how to use google propably ... isnt that a shame?) can find your picture more or less easy.

5. ... do not name your wallpaper after its contens, prevents search-engines to find it.

6a. ... do not put your wallpaper on a site where the contens of your wallpaper is described.

6b. ... do not put your wallpaper on an internet site, just upload it on a server and give those who want to see it the adress.

6c. ... do not publish it at all, send it to people who want to see it (not by e-mail if you want to be 100% sure).

so you see there are a lot of ways to prevent your art from being stolen. ... well but you should consider der following ... my homepage for example is not private, has links on many forums and guestbooks and still i do not get more than 4 visitors per month. so what would be the chance that somebody finds your art when it is somewhere hidden ... dont ask me where, if you are not popular?

now for programs or something like that it's way different. to put it in simple terms (and for those who dont know) the code or the script of the program is the actuall art, the wallpaper if you want so, hours of work sitting infront of the monitor, typing algorithms, equasions and commands only the freakiest freaks understand only to get a stupid program to work ... well if you publish this, then you are officialy retarded (as long as you actually want to publish it).

of course the rules for wallpapers also apply to programs but instead of signing it you should make a "about"-button. of course for a real hacker it's (more or less) no problem to make this button disfunctional but what would be the use of hacking a freeware program?

now things get a little bit more complicated if it is not a freeware program. and then the rule would be:

1. either you publish a demo version (that's connected with a little bit more programing because you actually have to "cut out" the piece of the game you want to publish). so you get what you see, no more hidden features or levels or whatever.

2. or you are brave enough to make it a trial version ... now this is very tricky because if you dont have a good password-system you are screwed, and normaly that's why most of the trial-versions get hacked.

like i said, there is no need for somebody to hack a freeware program only to make it seem like he would've programed it. so what you do with your sourcecode is your problem.

puh, ok well to get back to your question ... angry but at least i'd know that i've done everything to prevent it and that i have the possibility to fight against it because i'm backed up with a disclaimer so the chances to win this fight are 50:50. (if you are not a company the chances of a disclaimer being actually relevant in a case of robbery are very small i guess ...).

and now i want you to think a little bit about something similar. you said it's about wallpapers right? now we are in a very big community here that publishes anime wallpapers on daily bases. i dont know how minitokyo or the people in here who post all their wallpapers handle this, but ... to make it short: scans = ripping, wallpapers made from scans = ripping, and you do not have written permission from the company ... and a "copyright by capcom" wont save your ass either. ... so just give it a thought because people are sometimes complaining about things they do themselves ... thanks for reading.

prima

prima

prima

i think if your signature still on that wall i think its okay :)

wallpaper by: prima

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

since putting signatures on your wallie is only at a small unnoticeable corner, we must admit it's very easy for anyone to just paint over the signature and claim it as their own.

i'll hate it. and probably i'll stop walling totally. i'll probably be very angry with these people because after i did take the time to think and plan and try and do before actually coming up with the final design. and to pretend all those never happen and have someone who just sit back and just take all that hard work as his i'll be very pissed!

blah.. but there are all sorts of people in this world. i'm not so sure if anyone can stop this people..

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

-Drake-

-Drake-

Still Irish but no longer a Bum

i wouldnt really mind if some1 else posted my stuff elsewere tho if they slapped their own name on it then its a different story....

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

It's ovios: I'd be mede on the person howe did the rip. I am usualy a calm person, but whin I'm ireteded or desterbd (very), I am more like Nenene from "R.O.D. the TV". And the one how did the rip sould be cerful, becose he/she how is responsebil will have to dele whit me. And he sould be sure theat "il gasesc pana si-n gaura de sarpe" (expresion in my contry theat is literely transleted by "I'll find him iven in a sneke hole"). Whin mess whit, I can be a very vengfull person. But nondeless I'm peciful, just don't dere not to add the credit at least...

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

himura088

himura088

~Smile

Plagarism is against the law.. LOL

CagalliLover84

CagalliLover84

Cagalli's-Keeper

surprised and full of pity towards the person doing the ripping.... then i'd laugh at them cause they chose a wall that isn't that great to rip off

i would be very disappointed because it means that my hard work doesn't mean anything to that perosn and that would definitely break my heart.

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

sure i will get angry if someone stole my hardwork art!

You Get Hand-Gestured!

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.