Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you afraid of getting old? - Minitokyo

Are you afraid of getting old?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Hello there.
I have a friend, she's kind of weird though, she seems to be really afraid of getting old. She told me that she hated it when someday there would be wrinkles on her skin. Last Monday was her birthday, she was not really happy because of the idea of getting older. What can I say? :(
I think most of girls are afraid of this, what about guys?

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I wasn't before you started on about it XD .
I'm too young to start worrying about such things really.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Tes

Ichi-nii

Quote by Aa-chanI wasn't before you started on about it XD .
I'm too young to start worrying about such things really.

I'm 16... and I'm hell worried... just th9inking about turning 20 gives me the creeps...!
I want to saty forver as I am!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

I do not fear getting old, but I sure as hell don't want to. Though I fear getting old more than I fear death. I think I would rather die than get old.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

ahh...im a little afraid, but we have to *envejecer*, right?
i have many friends that are afraid to getting old...they are
so ridiculous, stupids!. whats wrong with you girls????!!!!
ups, if they see this...they will kill me!!
jejeje..i dont care

Signature Image

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

I think that is the absolute worst thing that can ever happen to you. Unless you are a billionaire, getting old is nothing to look forward to.I am never *shivers* getting old! NeVeR mwaughhhaaa!!!!!!!

I guess getting old is pretty daunting, and wrinkles well...urg.

Use anti-wrinkle creme, and the complete set of basic skin care products (the cleanser, the toner, the extra-concentrated serum, moisturizer) Then have no fear! :D

I've been doing this since I realised wrinkles were ugly. XD Start young girls. ^-^

EDIT- I sound old urg. I'm not! *shigh*

- This Free Life Crisis -

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Well, thinking of it gives me the creeps sometimes, but it's something we have to face (it's part of the life cycle). Honestly, I'm not afraid of getting old, even though wrinkles will be growing on my face sooner or later XP . As long as I'm happy with my life, I won't worry too much about getting old.

Movin'...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by BarbaraHello there.
I have a friend, she's kind of weird though, she seems to be really
afraid of getting old. She told me that she hated it when someday there
would be wrinkles on her skin. Last Monday was her birthday, she was
not really happy because of the idea of getting older. What can I say?
:(
I think most of girls are afraid of this, what about guys?

Hello Barbara, my dear friend. **Hands out roses to her** I forgot to drop by and say this is for you. Thanks for ever being so kind in my thread, and I hope you appreciate the gift.

lol - Anyways girl, I know how your friend feels, and there were times when I was kind of afraid of getting older myself - even the possibly of dying from old age, and then I wondered to myself - why this horrible thought? Sure, I'm still too young to think about these issues, but the whole entire point is when I look back, have I really lived my entire life the way I wanted it to be, or will I kick myself for not doing so in the first place.

I felt alive when I went through the streets of Japan, partying with my friends, playing on the arcade, and having fun fun fun! Two years, not to worry about school, and the sorts. Heck, trust me - when you take off a year from school just to enjoy what life has to throw at you, it can be a splendid thing - and besides, I didn't work like hard anyways. I made some money and spent it on stuff to spoil myself. Plus with wonderful, understanding friends to hang around with all the time, you feel as if you are appreciated by their greater sense of personality and you never feel alone. That's what I loved about Japan so many years ago. We had no rules. We bended them and gathered to chat in the campfire at night. Met superstars and went to the BoA concert - rocking! When you put some part of your life away and go around the world during your vacation, you'll see the glorious things that come before you, especially in Japan. All I have to say is - it's how you live your life, rather than how old you are already, that makes the difference.

I have some people who are much older than I am and haven't even accomplished much for one of my age, and they feel miserable about it. Me - I'm totally content with my life so far. Doing a lot when you are young is the key difference here. Experiencing what I have experienced while I was little - breathless, really. I'm happy happy whenever I think back on these things.

Maybe during the spring or summertime, I'll hang out and have fun again around Japan. Just like the good old times.

**Bows** You take care of yourself, and farewell my sweet friend, Barbara. ^_^

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I think in one way or another everyone fears getting older....but I suppose we can either spend all our time worrying about the end, or we can enjoy the trip so when we get there, we can look back and say it was fun and meaningful...

"Don't look at me, I'm just a shark..."

Silent-Heart

Silent-Heart

~Silent Black Heart~

hm do i getting afraid of getting old?
i think this is the normal life of getting old
i'm most afraid of getting old and beeing alone
that is one think i would never think about
but if i had luck the next time this thing can be erased of my mind ^___^

Signature Image

i think getting old is one of the most normal things in the world !!
for me its the same like if i die even if i cant say that i am afraid of getting older or die!!
everybody has to die so if you think about it you may see that it isn´t as bad as people say or think!!

tru-chan

tru-chan

|individualized ego|

Call me weird and just weird but I actually want to get old. I want to pass the school years and just... well explore. To be able to travel the world is just exciting! I would have a job and I wouldn't have to be able to depend on anyone. Just my life. That's exactly what I want.

[boom dop]

I don't care about age
we all get old but the thing to keep in mind
is to see yourself as what you really are :)

Esperling

Esperling

The Mini-Esper

I that everyone is afraid of getting old, but to different extents. I mean, people can deny it all they want but it's a fact of life god I sound old lol. I'm only 17!! Anyways I am personally afraid of getting old, I don't want to lose things that I can do, driving, walking well etc. So yea, I guess I really am but I don't like being afraid of the inevitable.

Signature

KiYa

KiYa

Quotes for me

hellos, i'm only 17, yes only, but i'm not afraid of getting old, i'm more worried about time going to slow or too fast rather than how old i am, sure i'm a guy and everything, but i'm still waiting to work out untill i am so old, that way i won't have to worry about being short and such when i do become old, well...that's my response, i hope it's what you wanted to hear
c'ya later

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

We all age, its a part of life. We all get older and die. This is a known fact and a fate that we cannot escape.

What matters is how we spend those years inbetween and what truly matters is how old you feel. I'm 20 at the moment and they say that life doesn't began until your 40. So I've got 20 more years to enjoy myself before life truly begans. I say make the most of your time. We all fear different things, even though this is something we can't escape. The best thing to do is to face your fear and live your life to the fullest. Just be sure that you are happy with the decisions that you make.

Anyways thats what I believe, I'm just giving an example, not preaching. We all have different views on life and I find them all interesting. Great topic though Barbara, food for thought for the many.

Signature Image

I dont afear getting older. Its part of life after all. Most people who are afriad of getting older usually just mention how they will look. If I was afraid of getting older it would be more towards not being able to do things, getting injured easily, friends family passing away, etc. So, just enjoy life before it gets too late and if your parents offer to take you along somewhere to go on a trip with them, by all means go. You will regret it later if you dont.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Getting OLD? You kidding me, I face that reality everyday. I no longer the have the kind of wild energy I used to have in college, and I can't hang with my boys no more because we all got jobs now. And the "Big Man" don't like their workers party all night. :D I see that I am phase out against the popular culture too, I can't no longer catch up with the latest trend in music as well as fashion. Younger people think I live under a rock for the past couple years when I talk to them.

i do have a tough time relating to the younger generation, and it does bother me since I was part of that generation not so long ago. :D Another sign of my age is that I can't no longer hold my own in the aracde anymore, getting school by kids half of my age is just really sad. Well, the worst part is that when I tried to give advice to the younger crowds, they would complaint that I preach too much, they told me to leave them alone. I guess I can understand that, but it does dishearten me a bit. :D Oh well, life does go on, and I will look forward to each day since I can't master time travel yet. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

I'm actually not afraid of getting old physically. I'm more afriad of losing contact with friends that are now close to me, because I've seen it happen at this age (which is 17). That's what I really don't like...not being able to do the same things and getting added responsibility won't be the best, but I can handle those. But...take each day at a time, I guess (they'll come, whether I like it or not, so why not embrace it). This is one of those topics that I tend not to think about it, but it makes for a good thread topic!

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Kamisongai

Kamisongai

the quiet type (usually)

I know that I won't have to worry about getting old for a while, so I'm not too worried about it. Besides as we get older, our technology advances and I'm interested in where that will go...maybe even it will slow aging? anyway, I just try to live a good life so that when I'm too old to do stuff, I'll be able to remember the good times!

Work sucks, arrid works!

"swordchucks yo!"

Pinkjell

Pinkjell

Umm , I think no.

Because I was young an I wanted to be adult. :nya:

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by gundragonI don't care about age we all get old but the thing to keep in mind
is to see yourself as what you really are :)

I like what gundragon said.
However, I'm still afraid of getting older, when we're older, we have to do things with responsibility. We have to work hard to earn our livings.....Our health is weaker as we're getting old :( *shudder*. Omg, I'm becoming my friend -_-

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Relax Barbara. Your plenty young. Lol, your nowhere near old. I'm only three years younger than you so relax. You've still got plenty of living to do and people are living much longer now so you can relax :) I'd say you've still got a great deal of living left, but if you just focus on getting older you won't be able to enjoy life. So relax. =D Enjoy life to the fullest. I honestly don't see the point in dwelling on something that can't be changed. We all fear getting older, but if we all dwell on it we'll be paranoid and won't enjoy life. So relax Barbara. ^^

As for responsibility, well I hope you do have responsibility for yourself, I had to develope that when I was 13. Its just a part of life, its not really a big deal. Seriously we all must take responsibility for our lives. No point in being dependant on something. That doesn't help us with anything in life. Plus as long as you stay young at heart there is no problem with that. With age comes wisdom, we learn through living. That is the greatest thing ever. I look foward to living out my life and then dying someday. It is a fate that we can't avoid and thers no point in trying to look past whats the truth. Only thing is to enjoy what we can ^_^

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.