Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do You Express Your Emotions Better Behind The Internet? - Minitokyo

Do You Express Your Emotions Better Behind The Internet?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

ozma255

ozma255

Vectorman!

Internet is much easier, I could talk to anyone no matter male or female but in real life it would be a whole other story. :D

Signature

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

Somehow to me...it seems that when you're online you aren't as self-concious. You can be more free and somehow be able to talk/type a lot when you're online. There are even times when I express myself SO much, that later, I kinda regret telling someone so much about me. Heh...that's happened a few times to me. BUT, I can talk to people on the net when normally in real life, I never spoke a word to them. Hmmm...real interesting, no?

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I don't know if I express them better, but I do find it easier to say things that I wouldn't really be able to say to the person in person. I dunno, it's kinda of a protectice shield.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Kenryo

~*God ~ of ~ Speed*~

Quote by Celessa=
I'll have to admit, out in the real world, I've been a very, very silent girl who would hardly ever want to talk to anyone at all within my university - unless they were a very good friend of mine, of course. I never really was that talkative to strangers.
But on the net, I feel so much more comfortable there, and can tackle things head on. The net is a wonderful tool to help you represent yourself more deeply and clearly: your thoughts, and your feelings - I'm sure many of you will agree as well. You feel more comfortable chatting behind the net, with no strings attached.

yea, i agree with u celessa, i'm almost the same as u. Except i'm not really liked by everyone. I always get bullied, but i can't stand up to then coz they out number me and are bigger (in body size) then me. As for friends, i only hae a few true friends who stick by me.

So yes, i'm more open in the net. that's why i play online games, i have more friends there(and i can have girl friends there too). that's all, bye.

Ways of the Assassin
(not finished)

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

naaaa.... I am as crazy in the web as I am in real life...
this is just a media to expand my crazyness on to the world...
(or maybe I made all my friends here in argentina crazy too so I'm searching in other countries) :D

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol - thanks Cy for keeping your thoughts open. Interesting to keep your honesty open as well. We all know Cy and he's too cool to boot - haha. ^_^

Quote by Kenryo

Quote by Celessa= I'll have to admit, out in the real world, I've been a
very, very silent girl who would hardly ever want to talk to anyone at
all within my university - unless they were a very good friend of mine,
of course. I never really was that talkative to strangers.
But on the net, I feel so much more comfortable there, and can tackle
things head on. The net is a wonderful tool to help you represent
yourself more deeply and clearly: your thoughts, and your feelings -
I'm sure many of you will agree as well. You feel more comfortable
chatting behind the net, with no strings attached.

yea, i agree with u celessa, i'm almost the same as u. Except i'm not
really liked by everyone. I always get bullied, but i can't stand up to
then coz they out number me and are bigger (in body size) then me. As
for friends, i only hae a few true friends who stick by me.
So yes, i'm more open in the net. that's why i play online games, i
have more friends there(and i can have girl friends there too). that's
all, bye.

lol Girlfriends, really? Haha - sounds quite fun, apparently, and good for you.

As to being pushed around bullies, I'm sorry to hear. Not everyone is in the same situation as you are, apparently. Popularity does have its downfall as well, but mine isn't bad, of course. That's just me - and they like my shy, quiet, but nice personality, especially for who I am. I'm sure a few of you people can say that same thing for yourselves. Quite true - faking is not necessarily a good thing. **Bows** Don't worry though - over here, we have no such things as bad bullies - so you'll always be loved. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

snowflakez

snowflakez

yukijorou || yuki-hime

i guess i'm pretty much the same. but i hav to say, i act quite differently on e net than in real life. like i say stuff tt i usually wont want/dare to say when i'm face 2 face w someone. sounds kinda weird huh?
plus, i sorta found it easier to talk online than in reality. like for example, rite now, i can chat openly w this guy tt i hv a crush on. but whenever we're in campus, despite all the loads of crap we talked bout the night before or wad, ppl would think we're strangers or sth, cuz we dont even LOOK at each other. isnt it SAD?

Signature

for me, i am very shine in real life and i really don't talk much in front of people i don't know.
but here, behind the internet, i do talk a lot and express myself better.
it's like a mask.

Wish you can forgive your yesterdays
Wish you can love your tomorrows

Quote by snowflakezi guess i'm pretty much the same. but i hav to say, i act quite
differently on e net than in real life. like i say stuff tt i usually
wont want/dare to say when i'm face 2 face w someone. sounds kinda
weird huh?
plus, i sorta found it easier to talk online than in reality. like for
example, rite now, i can chat openly w this guy tt i hv a crush on. but
whenever we're in campus, despite all the loads of crap we talked bout
the night before or wad, ppl would think we're strangers or sth, cuz we
dont even LOOK at each other. isnt it SAD?

Lol snowflakez I've had that too! Best thing to do is to confront the situation and talk to the person you like ! :)

gemini4life

gemini4life

The Quiet Geezer

Perfect timing for this topic, because I can use an example of what happened yesterday. Yesterday based on reading the posts that Celessa and Mordin have made in the past I went ahead and added them to my friends list, because in real life, I'd be honored to have friends with that type of personality.

I few hours later they had added me to their friends’ lists and also left me a message on my guestbook (thanks Celessa and Mordin). What was more interesting were their comments. (No offense guys, just looking at the situation and relating it to the topic.) I sat there re-reading their comments and thinking that I had just made two friends based on something as simple as making posts and the "emotion" to want to be friends. Don't get me wrong, I was really happy to be added as a friend, but something felt different.

And this difference is what I feel this topic has all been about. I believe that emotions online are one sided until you actually have made a connection offline. I say this because the act of wanting to be friends with someone online (like I tried to with Celessa and Mordin) involves much more of the sender's emotion then it does the recipient. My emotions on many factors that were determined from reading their posts dictated whether or not I wanted to be friends, but on the other side the only thing they had to go off was my simple request so they didn't require as much feeling at least not towards the situation itself.

I guess as time progresses and if we interact more we learn a little more about each other more emotions will be showed and felt, but to me something is still missing and that is your true emotions that no matter how much better we feel we can express ourselves online we are still behind a wall (the internet) and not showing a true emotion.

Here is the dictionary meaning of the word "Emotion:" A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.

While you write to a person online yes you can feel maybe some of these feelings since you do think for some time before you write what you feel, but only in real life do you get the intangible RAW feelings that comes from looking into the other person's eyes. Only in real life can you feel both sides of emotion. Looking into the other person's eyes you can truly feel the other person’s emotions and as a result your own emotions will be influenced by it. What results can only be your true feelings. This is what makes life so wonderful and something that you will miss out in when you are behind the internet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the internet is just people hiding and avoiding their true emotions, because I'm sure we all know that the real world can get even uglier with people hiding behind all sorts of masks. What I am saying is that only in real life can you feel that intangible raw emotion. It takes an extreme amount of faith and courage to realize and feel it, but it can be done.

Hehe 1 hour later I’m now done writing this and the product is partly my emotions towards the topic and my feelings towards life itself. Like I’ve been saying though this is a one-sided emotion and I really look forward to seeing what others feel, and I hope I haven’t offended anyone with my thoughts, if so my sincerest apologies.

i wish for everyone at MT that they get a chance to feel what I've mentioned (I'm still working hard at it, I'm still a very shy person in real life, but have gotten a lot better over the years), because it's a wonderful feeling when you can just be you and not have to show a different side of you based on if you are online or offline.

It's not that I have better vision
It's that I open my heart to that which others turn a blind eye to

Online I feel more confedent in expressing myself, because of the fact it is very informal, and chances are I'll never meet anyone in person to talk about these things. Also, I have all the time I need to gather my thoughts and offer a true expression of feelings, rather than saying something stupid of the top of my head (which happens a lot).

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by gemini4lifePerfect timing for this topic, because I can use an example of what
happened yesterday. Yesterday based on reading the posts that Celessa
and Mordin have made in the past I went ahead and added them to my
friends list, because in real life, I'd be honored to have friends with
that type of personality.
I few hours later they had added me to their friends’ lists and also
left me a message on my guestbook (thanks Celessa and Mordin). What was
more interesting were their comments. (No offense guys, just looking at
the situation and relating it to the topic.) I sat there re-reading
their comments and thinking that I had just made two friends based on
something as simple as making posts and the "emotion" to want to be
friends. Don't get me wrong, I was really happy to be added as a
friend, but something felt different.
And this difference is what I feel this topic has all been about. I
believe that emotions online are one sided until you actually have made
a connection offline. I say this because the act of wanting to be
friends with someone online (like I tried to with Celessa and Mordin)
involves much more of the sender's emotion then it does the recipient.
My emotions on many factors that were determined from reading their
posts dictated whether or not I wanted to be friends, but on the other
side the only thing they had to go off was my simple request so they
didn't require as much feeling at least not towards the situation
itself.
I guess as time progresses and if we interact more we learn a little
more about each other more emotions will be showed and felt, but to me
something is still missing and that is your true emotions that no
matter how much better we feel we can express ourselves online we are
still behind a wall (the internet) and not showing a true emotion.
Here is the dictionary meaning of the word "Emotion:" A mental state
that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is
often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of
joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.
While you write to a person online yes you can feel maybe some of these
feelings since you do think for some time before you write what you
feel, but only in real life do you get the intangible RAW feelings that
comes from looking into the other person's eyes. Only in real life can
you feel both sides of emotion. Looking into the other person's eyes
you can truly feel the other person’s emotions and as a result your own
emotions will be influenced by it. What results can only be your true
feelings. This is what makes life so wonderful and something that you
will miss out in when you are behind the internet. Don't get me wrong,
I'm not saying that the internet is just people hiding and avoiding
their true emotions, because I'm sure we all know that the real world
can get even uglier with people hiding behind all sorts of masks. What
I am saying is that only in real life can you feel that intangible raw
emotion. It takes an extreme amount of faith and courage to realize and
feel it, but it can be done. Hehe 1 hour later I’m now done writing
this and the product is partly my emotions towards the topic and my
feelings towards life itself. Like I’ve been saying though this is a
one-sided emotion and I really look forward to seeing what others feel,
and I hope I haven’t offended anyone with my thoughts, if so my
sincerest apologies. i wish for everyone at MT that they get a chance
to feel what I've mentioned (I'm still working hard at it, I'm still a
very shy person in real life, but have gotten a lot better over the
years), because it's a wonderful feeling when you can just be you and
not have to show a different side of you based on if you are online or
offline.

**Pops out from the side** So this is the one who I thought added me out of randomness without leaving an explanation of why he added me on in the first place.

To tell you the truth, I would have rather liked that you would have commented on my guestbook on why you added me on. But no matter, now I see the point.

Just because I left a simple comment on your userpage didn't mean I totally understood how you felt about me, or Mordin for the matter. If I had a better sense of who the person was, and why he or she added me in the first place with a good reason in store, you would have seen my emotion being displayed in a more sophisticated way. I was really being myself, in all honesty - I came back to your guestbook without a clue in sight - so yeah, I was puzzled to why you added me on - hence I wasn't sure of why from the missing explanation, until I found this post, actually. I'm humble with your response now. **Bows**

Not that this is wrong or anything. I'm sure you had your reasons why you wanted to add me on the first place, but because of this? Hmm - truly an honor indeed, I'll admit. **Courtsies** lol - But I thought you added me on because I commented a lot on your thread, and you liked my opinion. lol - That was all.

Anyways, interesting insight and thanks for spending your time to post on my thread.

True that in the outside world, that's where your raw emotions are shown, that can't be done online. The internet makes you feel more safer to express your emotions because of the anonymous characters you portray on the net. Nonetheless, there will be times on the net where you will express feelings you will have never expressed before in real life, unless you are close to somebody.

Being shy, that's a hard thing to do, but on the net, it makes the whole situation that much more easier and comforting towards you. Anyways, thanks for your insight. Now I know why. **Nods** You take care.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by gemini4lifePerfect timing for this topic, because I can use an example of what
happened yesterday. Yesterday based on reading the posts that Celessa
and Mordin have made in the past I went ahead and added them to my
friends list, because in real life, I'd be honored to have friends with
that type of personality.
I few hours later they had added me to their friends’ lists and also
left me a message on my guestbook (thanks Celessa and Mordin). What was
more interesting were their comments. (No offense guys, just looking at
the situation and relating it to the topic.) I sat there re-reading
their comments and thinking that I had just made two friends based on
something as simple as making posts and the "emotion" to want to be
friends. Don't get me wrong, I was really happy to be added as a
friend, but something felt different.
And this difference is what I feel this topic has all been about. I
believe that emotions online are one sided until you actually have made
a connection offline. I say this because the act of wanting to be
friends with someone online (like I tried to with Celessa and Mordin)
involves much more of the sender's emotion then it does the recipient.
My emotions on many factors that were determined from reading their
posts dictated whether or not I wanted to be friends, but on the other
side the only thing they had to go off was my simple request so they
didn't require as much feeling at least not towards the situation
itself.
I guess as time progresses and if we interact more we learn a little
more about each other more emotions will be showed and felt, but to me
something is still missing and that is your true emotions that no
matter how much better we feel we can express ourselves online we are
still behind a wall (the internet) and not showing a true emotion.
Here is the dictionary meaning of the word "Emotion:" A mental state
that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is
often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of
joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.
While you write to a person online yes you can feel maybe some of these
feelings since you do think for some time before you write what you
feel, but only in real life do you get the intangible RAW feelings that
comes from looking into the other person's eyes. Only in real life can
you feel both sides of emotion. Looking into the other person's eyes
you can truly feel the other person’s emotions and as a result your own
emotions will be influenced by it. What results can only be your true
feelings. This is what makes life so wonderful and something that you
will miss out in when you are behind the internet. Don't get me wrong,
I'm not saying that the internet is just people hiding and avoiding
their true emotions, because I'm sure we all know that the real world
can get even uglier with people hiding behind all sorts of masks. What
I am saying is that only in real life can you feel that intangible raw
emotion. It takes an extreme amount of faith and courage to realize and
feel it, but it can be done. Hehe 1 hour later I’m now done writing
this and the product is partly my emotions towards the topic and my
feelings towards life itself. Like I’ve been saying though this is a
one-sided emotion and I really look forward to seeing what others feel,
and I hope I haven’t offended anyone with my thoughts, if so my
sincerest apologies. i wish for everyone at MT that they get a chance
to feel what I've mentioned (I'm still working hard at it, I'm still a
very shy person in real life, but have gotten a lot better over the
years), because it's a wonderful feeling when you can just be you and
not have to show a different side of you based on if you are online or
offline.

Very interesting, well it is pretty hard to predict how one feels when we are literally talking to a machine. :) I agree with you that it is very hard to show the kind of genuine emotion on the net because it is a lot different than meeting in real person.

Now I have to agree with the princess above on this, it would have been very helpful if you have written in our gb if you want any feedback from us. I can't speak for Cel, but personally I am a reactionary guy, so I do need something to respond to before I can truly appreciate its value to me. So I guess it is very difficult like you said to feel that connection through the net, but it isn't impossible either. :)

So next time, as a matter of good policy, you should write a note in the members gb when you want to add them to your friendlist, because I believe it is the internet version of shaking hands in real life. I am very honor that you think of me as a friend in such short amount of time, and I believe I only posted once in your thread. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Aplos

Aplos

Meow-mix

Isn't that what the internet was created for? LoL. I don't think you express your emotions better through the net since there are many aspects of communication missng, the sound of the voice, the pitch of it, the gestures, the looks etc. I do believe however that most of us including me express our emotions more easily rather than better. I am pretty shy and asocial so I am definately more expressionate on the net.

Signature

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

saki's both crazy and hyper both online and offline .. XD XD ask all of saki's weird fwends .. >.<
tee heeez .... saki feels comfortable offline more ... ;______; sincesince it's easier for saki to know how they feel about saki .. ^o^

I also feel that online, it's very easy to trick ppl. being face-to-face with someone, u can usu. tell if that person is being truthful or not.
I'm a pretty shy person, especially around people that i don't kno so well...i tend to try to avoid their eyes and stuff...just to keep from catching other people's attention (i'm not saying that a lot of people pay attention to what i do lol)
I have an easier time talking online than i do in person because u can't actually see the person u're talking to, and so they can't see your body movements/language and find out how u feel. This is especially true when tlaking to ppl that u like :D
online, i usually tend to have an easier time expressing how i actually feel, and i don't like tricking ppl but offline, i usually only tell a part of what i feel. Online, it's easier to tell without worrying about being embrassed or feeling humiliated.

i usually feel better around my friends when offline, but online, i feel much better around ppl i want to get to know better ^_^'

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

I would have to say, offline is better for me. Although it's nice to have the internet and escape reality for at least a second, its not really real. You can make yourself out to be anybody that you want to be; thus, I don't trust a lot online unless I know the person personally (but not anyone here on MT mind ya ^_~). Offline, I know people adn well, I'm not the most popular person around but at least I can tell who is who. I can also express myself better because of the enviroment that I'm in, being around my friends puts me in a cheerful mood. But, sometimes when I'm online, I don't have that because I'm in a room. Just myself, and for me, that can get depressing. Plus, theres the thought for homework nawing at me >.<.

i try not to let myself worry about what other people think about me in real life because I am who I am. I'm shy and don't talk outloud a lot; but I'm comfortable with who I am. So, when I do meet new people, I just try to have a good impression on them and careful that they don't think I'm not strong minded or something, thats how you get people to take advantage of you. But anyway, yeah, thats pretty much it ^_~

lol~~~ that IS so good question lol.. thx Celessa for asking such a question.. ehem...
even thought i am a sad guy who is isolated from the crowd(ex. school), i love to express my self on internet. gosh, expressing on internet feels soooo good, maybe it's because i don't express myself. but the thing is that i JUST love to express myself(ex. like this)well, i don't want to show off or anytihing, but i want to get to know people, i want to socialize i gues... to me... expressing me like this is sooooo much better and like it soooo much better~

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by CelessaOn the Internet, many of us want to give off a pretty good impression
about who we'd want to be like in real life, rather than who we
actually are.
**Raises her hand slightly** I'll have to admit, out in the real world,
I've been a very, very silent girl who would hardly ever want to talk
to anyone at all within my university - unless they were a very good
friend of mine, of course. I never really was that talkative to
strangers, even though I was rather well-liked by many. When they
approach me, I tend to shy away, feeling overprotective of myself too
often. Maybe I give off a soft hello randomly at times, that's about
it. Then I tend to walk away, as usual.
But on the net, I feel so much more comfortable there, and can tackle
things head on. The net is a wonderful tool to help you represent
yourself more deeply and clearly: your thoughts, and your feelings -
I'm sure many of you will agree as well. You feel more comfortable
chatting behind the net, with no strings attached.
It's like seeing other people in a whole new light. It's amazing how
free one person can express himself or herself online, no doubt.
Sometimes, but not always.
-----------------------
And so the question begins here: Do you express yourself and your inner
emotions much more better on the net, than in real life, or not? And
what's your input on this matter, here? Thanks a lot. Again, I
appreciate it.

i pretty much act like you in reality Cel
but on the net i speak to a lot of people and i'm not so shy either
i think that i probably express my inner emotions much better on the net

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Quote by Khrissonline, u can fake what u say, easily.
but really, maybe im like 30% more confident than usual online,
not a BIG differencei mean, whenever i see people i know, i would say "hey".
or if they're good-humoured and stuff, i'd probably joke like "wahh, what u doing here? looking for ur boyfren ah??" (even if they dont have one)
but usually, i find it alot easier to express ur feelings online, although through the internet, feelings of other people dont get through as much as words ^_^

very true,... u can lie,.... coz in real life it's easier to know if they r meaning what they say or not,..... i'm with khriss,... he's got a very good point

Aoko-chan

Aoko-chan

Sky Reflection

I have that problem... in real life I'm so silent but insanely silent... that makes people think I'm innocent and childish. Poor them.
But on the internet I'm a bit different, I'm more talkie-like, but I don't have many "cyber-friends" anyways. (i.e., I don't like replying mails or talking on msn), but definitely I talk a lot more than on real life.

I'm such a weird girl, ne?

Signature
Miembro de:[Hispanime]. Vivan los hispanos~~!! - [Aoi-Nanase] - [Starlight-Shine] - ~Day-Dreamerz~
I hope it's not only me, do you understand?

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

Quote by Celessa
...I'll have to admit, out in the real world,
I've been a very, very silent girl who would hardly ever want to talk
to anyone at all within my university - unless they were a very good
friend of mine, of course. I never really was that talkative to
strangers, even though I was rather well-liked by many.

lol.. u got to be kidding me, I really can't see you being the quiet type... X) oh wells, I guess in the net, ppl acts different;y.

Quote by CelessaWhen they approach me, I tend to shy away, feeling overprotective of myself too often. Maybe I give off a soft hello randomly at times, that's about
it. Then I tend to walk away, as usual.

I think react in real life alot better than on the net, or even on the phone. sorry but many times I think the net is so not personal. not something would wana do as a kind of communiation. I'm a people person so of course I would perfer non internet communiations but then again, everyone these days is online so whatever... XP its always cool to be online to just chat and make friends online. ^^

Signature

miyano

watashi no uta

I can talk more freely in the net.. in real life..it depends to who i talk to
in the net..i talk more..haha. sometimes there are people i don't talk to in school but i talk to them in the net :)

I don't have much trouble talking to people in the real world, i can talk to almost any one. I do find however that i'm alot more talkative with people i don't know very well on the internet then i am in person.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.