Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is the correct age to start dating? - Minitokyo

What is the correct age to start dating?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I just want everyone's opinion on when they think people should start dating. Lets see, heres my opinion:

I think people can start dating once they are 16, by then they are in high school, are old enough to get themselves a small job to pay for things like dates, and they have a drivers liscence so that you dont have to drive them to their dates and pick them up afterward too. Also I think serious maturation of street smart thought comes only after the age of 16ish. I know me and all my friends werea all way to immature to be dealing with such complex things like relationships when we were only 14 or 15, although a good bit of us dated. I also noticed that NONE of the relationships made around 14-15 lasted. They ALWAYS broke up which shows to me that young teens arent old enough to date sucessfully.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i agree, i think it's more maturity level... my lil sis ( who's in 6th grade) tells me about her friends who are "dating". i think that is TOO young because they aren't mature enough to handle a relationship... i think that high school is good, maybe even 8th grade. yah it'd prolly be nice if you were old enough to drive or else here come those "parent chaperoned dates" haha...

Signature Image

successfully....no

but they'd might as well get the practice in right? learn from your mistakes and all that?

anyway...I only had one relationship before hitting 16 and it lasted for a good 2 years...until we went to different highschools in different cities....we don't see each other at all anymore...

"Don't look at me, I'm just a shark..."

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

It depends on the committment, but people should really begin dating at about 16. I'm going on 19 years old, and I only went on one date. There was no commitment involved with that date. It's frequent dates that may spark a sense of commitment towards a relationship that would likely end weeks or months later.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Yeah, I'd say about 16 is a good age. I had my first boyfriend when I was 16. I don't think I really would have been ready before then. By that time you can have a job and a car and are old enough to handle the responsibilites of a relationship. Before then you are really still young and though I've know people who have had boyfriends and girlfriends at younger ages, they weren't ever anything serious and didn't last long. 16 seemse to be a good age to start dating. But that's just my opinion. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

gatts

gatts

The Black Swordsman

i'd say relationships are most likely to start during the high school years. age shouldn't really be a factor... but maturity... that is the ability to commit and maintain a relationship.

if you're going into it just because everybody else is... then most likely, you're not ready yet... but who's to say you won't meet your destiny in the process.

Signature
Is the destiny of man controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true that man has no control even over his own will.

anfrey

kuchiki rukia turns me on

as said above, it's all about maturity and responsability... age is just a number, and people develop (mentally and spiritually) at different speeds.... i didn't truly date anyone until i was 18 or 19. . . but by then i already had a year of univ....

or maybe i'm just a loser :(

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

Quote by jaws909successfully....no but they'd might as well get the practice in right? learn from your mistakes and all that?

I agree with this. I had my first date when I was in 6th grade. Of course it didn't last, but I learned from the experience. And I can honestly say that what I learned from that I have incorporated into relationships since then. I'm going on 20 now.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

Wow... That's a really good question. Humm... Its true... you do learn from your mistakes... But wouldn't it be sooo totally awesome/romantic/fantasic/good/etc etc if you like found the right one? LoL. <=== I wish. :P I would say the right age to date is.... 17!

I've been on dates with other guys, before I met my Cory <== Awwwwww.... ^_^

And to tell you the truth, they were gay... I didn't feel comfortable or ready for it. school first GOD damnit. Sooo just understand what your getting into... Hahahahaa....
Hahahaahhaaa..

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

I'm glad I share the opinion that it's a matter of maturity, not age or popularity. Quite a few people I know think it's totally an age issue, and that once you reach a certain age, it's okay to date.
Anyway, I'm 17 now, and the only date I've been on (if you'd even call it that) is when my older brother took me to a movie, dinner, and laser-tagging...but I don't think that counted. He wanted "to spend time with my sweet little sister" (or so he claimed). So yeah...that's my 2 bits.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

This depends on how mature the person is. But I think 16 is a verty good age. Although when my friends were 13-14 they always complained about how they want a boyfriend...etc...but the truth was, even if they got one, they wouldn't be able to handle it. You must be mature enough before starting a relationship with someone. That is my opinion. ^__^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

There isn't a correct age to start dating. It's all dependant on the person really. My first *real* relationship was when I was 12 and that lasted about a year, he was 16. We're still good friends now though. Though my first true love and *very* serious relationship came about when I was 14-15. Just depends on the person really.. I've seen people that actually aren't even "mature" enough to seriously date even when they're 20-something years old. But yes, it's a good thing to be mature enough since that way, you can handle the heavy stuff and there's a smaller possibility of being hurt. Like I said though, all depends entirely on the person and for everyone it's different.

Signature

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

this depends on maturity.
about gettin in a relationship...
about 13-15.
but dating..
maybe 16-18.

but, really, it depends on the person.
i mean, if the person is like 17, but kinda immature, i dont think dates will work out either ^_^;;

haha how bout some time after puberty XP
wouldn't want to go on a date with someone with raging hormones now would ya...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

People should start dating as soon as they feel ready to, IMO.
You can't really set an age, because that puts down the people who don't want to date or can't get a date that are of that age. If anyone does plan on dating or going out n a date anytime soon, I recommend making sure you have some cash in reserve, because it's expensive.
Although you shouldn't set an age, I don't think anyone under 12 should be subjecting themselves to the dating process just yet.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol - Depends on the maturity level, and the sorts, Sunira. I'm not saying people who date when they are 14 or 15 will stay forever bound in that relationship. The truth is they probably wanted to try it out for fun but looking seriously in the matter, decided to drop it off because the relationship might be a little too much for their age. Or then again, people who date too early and marry too early without planning what goes on ahead well is going to leave yet troublesome times.

A poorly-built family, unwanted kids - that sort of stuff.

I believe people should only consider seriously dating when they are just about to hit their 20's.

Statistically, Men consider marriage around their mid-20s and same with the ladies here in Canada. Why? Because they are able to hold more responsibilities as flourished adults and they are able to raise a family that way. But nothing wrong with dating while you are young. Just don't overdo it, because love is an important matter to consider, not something you want to try out just for the heck of it. These things take time. Awkward, it may be when you date, but if you get to talk to the person first and build a long relationship with them as best friends or good friends for the matter, and then consider dating - those are the kinds of relationships that will obviously last longer because you know the other person very well. So dating is kind of a maturity issue here, not really that big of an issue on age - unless - like ShieldDrake pointed out, they are of younger status here - subject to 12 years of age for example. That would be considered a little unusual in this case.

Well that's my opinion. Better go - time flies!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

snowflakez

snowflakez

yukijorou || yuki-hime

in my humble opinion, ppl should start dating when they are mature enough, and ready to handle relationships. most ppl here onli date cuz they are attracted physically despite them being onli 12 for goodness sake. i think tt's wrong. these kids dont even know a single thing.
dating is more than that, for me at least.

Signature

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Yes, I agree that it depends on maturity level but how mature can you be if you've never handled the responsibility of a car, a job, and generally school. I guess what I meant was that I wouldnt let my children date until they had proven to me that they could be responsible for themselves, and are trustworthy, before they are responsible for someone else too. Plus if they're immature, they could be easily taken advantage of. Which is so bad! Some boyfriends/girlfriends are so manipulative! Thats why I wanted to say that children should have been exposed to big responisbilites, and if they do it properly, they will gain some self respect. And people with self respect dont let others use them I think. :)

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

any

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

i would also say 16 2,..... but sum people would juz do what they think they want 2
they don't listen 2 others oppinion sumtimes,...... it's best from 16,... but i dunno reallie
people date others from high school mostly,..... others would do thier thing and date
it depends by thier relationship with each other,.... well thats what i think

crovmon

*hug*

Quote by anfreyas said above, it's all about maturity and responsability... age is
just a number, and people develop (mentally and spiritually) at
different speeds.... i didn't truly date anyone until i was 18 or 19. .
. but by then i already had a year of univ.... or maybe i'm just a
loser :(

hehe, Im 19 and will have my first year of univ under my belt this summer, never dated yet. Guess that makes me a loser too? ^_^

Anyhow whenever you're ready, you're ready. As long as it stays at dating and kissing etc. I dun think age is all that important. I know a guy who was standing somewhere in the locker-areas of our school always kissing his g/f since he was like 13. He's 20 now and they're still together, so serious relationships can eventually result from thing like this.

I think that when you have a crush on someone, and you are in a position of having some of your feelings returned (and enough confidence) then you couldn't care less about what a 'good age' to start dating is. And neither should anyone else. =)

"Yami no chikara o himeshi kagi yo!
Shin no sugata o ware no mae ni shimese!
Keiyaku no moto Sakura ga meijiru!
RIRISU!"
-Sakura Kinomoto

IMO you can start dating when ever you like for all I care. When ever your ready. I had my first girlfriend when I was 14 or sumthing and she was 15. The funny thing about that was that her father didn't want her daughters to date anyone until they were 18 years old 0_o
Don't see any logic in that... Anyways her father caught us and that was pretty much the end of things :P But we're still good friends.

Saying an age when you can date someone is pretty useless. It should only be there to give some direction, not to be absolute....

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

Quote by Celessalol - Depends on the maturity level, and the sorts, Sunira. I'm not
saying people who date when they are 14 or 15 will stay forever bound
in that relationship. The truth is they probably wanted to try it out
for fun but looking seriously in the matter, decided to drop it off
because the relationship might be a little too much for their age. Or
then again, people who date too early and marry too early without
planning what goes on ahead well is going to leave yet troublesome
times.

well like Celessa said.. I also think its the maturity
to me, if you are mature enough then its suitable for dating.. you have to be able to look ahead - like possibly getting married, or possiblility of getting ditched
you can't say you just want to stay together forever and never separate.. its ok to say that, and its best if this holds. But you have to be open minded and not get so easily influenced by your partner and things. Try to achieve the best but still have a place to go to when it doesn't happen... I guess a lot of people can't really do this, its like one side is too much in love and the other side just lost all the feelings... there would be sadness and possibly guilt if you cannot take it..
some people I know have, because they cannot take it, done pretty stupid things(not death and injury related things) like spoiling your reputation you have built or suddenly becoming enemies with everyone else, etc
to make friends.. be really close friends with people of the other gender is ok.. but never go overboard at a young age.. overboard like losing your virginity(its important to me I guess), skipping school for dates, or spending a lot of money like probably giving a handphone and stuff(just spend moderately but try to keep spendings low)

I guess I have a lot more to say =p gonna refrain myself.. every topic is really very big and wide anyway~ so the above things said.. maybe you can consider it crap but they are my opinion ^^

miyano

watashi no uta

i wouldn't want to say out the age..so i'd just say..
if you can,..only when you're independent ^^..well,that's what my father said and i agree with that XD

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.