Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PS2 or PC? [gaming capacity] - Minitokyo

PS2 or PC? [gaming capacity]

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

DevilJo

DevilJo

Death Angel

I would choose PC because there are better games for PC than for PS2, but of course there is a few good games like Final Fantasy.

"True Power lies within the blood of your
peoples revenge. . . The devils fruit can lead me there. . . ."

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

I am more of a PS2 fan ^^
i do not really like playing game with my eyes so close to the screen.. and i also don't like playing online games, so console is more of my type ^^

Signature

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Quote by ShiNN84

Quote by RinkinPS2 > PC, in my opinion. Better gaming library and genre outreach.

Err, I disagree on this. If you are looking for machine with the widest variety of titles then the PC > PS2. Probably the only category that actually lacks on the PC's side is the "beat 'em up" one, on the other hand there are categories like RTS games, mmorpg which are really dominant for PC. And let's not forget about fps... it's really painful to play an fps with a console, the mouse+keyboard combo is by far best and most comfortable one. So yes I root for PC as a gaming platform :)

This quite sums up my thoughts about this as well, except one: freedom.
The PC gives you the freedom to choose your own hardware and software and through this also the way a game looks and works. For most games, you can create your own mods, maps and player models, you can save the state of the game whenever you like and you can freely configure your input components (mouse and keyboard).
When you are good, you can even make your own games.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

I like both my PC and PS2 & I do my gaming on both. There are some titles which are only released on PC and vice versa some for PS2 only. Also RTS & FPS works best on PC. Usually PS2 to PC ports sucks except some like MGS series. And finally, there are of course some PS2 that's really cool like zoe2.

So I use both without having any particular preference for either one.

I agree with Volrath. both Pc and Ps2 are good. Love playing RPG's and adventure games on the consol, and FPS & strategy on the PC.

PS2 because you can keep on buying memory

Signature
thanks to kawaii-chicken

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

in terms of raw power and processing capability, the PC will simply own the PS2, that is if your PC isn't outdated.....
i mean seriously people, there's a very good reason why a PC is soooooo much bigger and costs sooooo much more than a PS2
and there's a good reason why there is sooooooo much more hardware out there for the PC as compared to the PS2
as for memory, you can also buy more memory for the PC....(i.e. hard drives, motherboards, etc) so i don't know why people are talking about memory......

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

if it's a fighting game i would go to PS2 .. other then that i usually play it in my PC .. and i don't know why but i don't get bord with the PC in single games that easly like when i play with the PS2

Yes Rpg on the console is very nice. Most the RPGs released for both that ive play definitly dont have the same feel. I would never give up my PC(mac) for playin RTSs though. Unless you have bought an addon mouse and/or kb for your ps2, rts' for it plain suck, and even then, with the low res on a TV the area you can see on your screen at anyone time is very minimal ( i never play at less than 1600x1200 in any game on PC)

Up here in Canada doin what I hate so I can do the stuff I love the rest the time.

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

To me they're vastly different platforms. It's true that RTS style games are far better suited on a PC, but the ease of setup on the PS2 is just fantastic! Based purely on a gaming capacity I'd say the PC wins hands down, but I still like my PS2 for games like GT3, GT4, FFX, Kingdom Hearts, etc. The other reason why I say PC is just like many others, you can upgrade your PC and custom fit it the way you want it to run so games can look heaps better or just average on the PC depending on how you build it. :)

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

PfrikinC

maiku-chan

maiku-chan

Nippon no furiku

ps2 is better for me. i don't like that sound of the pc when i'm playing rpg's ><; and the controller is much more confortable. there no chance of the programs to crash either hehe.
ps2 rulez ^^

thy-avatar

thy-avatar

spoons are cool

some games are better for the pc, or have better multiplayer capabilities on the pc and there are tons more games for the PC in gereral, but PS2 has alot of great games not available on the PC-like Gradius, R-Type, and Kingdom Hearts some FPS games are better on the PC, some are better on the PS2-it depends on the types of commands used in the game, but the mouse/keyboard combo just feels better for alot of games,and-an optical trackball actually works ALOT better for FPS and RTS games than a mouse, you can get faster movement :D

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

PS2 i suppose.

main things that bugs me about PC is that you have to upgrade after awhile. who wants to play NFS underground 2 on low settings.
that and the last PC game i liked enough was Starcraft :)

slide...

ultima100

ultima100

Holy Angel Ultima

I like console more than PC because it's no need for upgrading HW to perform such nice graphics. Even so, among consoles, I don't quite like PS2 because its spec is the worst for this generation. I prefer to XBOX and GC.

PC over PS2 just because of e-sports! ;)

Quote by Jone2k5PC is the best for First Person Shooters, racing games. It is alot easier on me to play these kinda of games with a keyboard, and you fell more confortable playing them on a PC Display. Then PS2 for soccer, action and RPG Games. However in the end, it´s also the games that are available to theses platforms that decide which one to buy or not to buy. Preferably, for RPGs anyone would choose PS2 becuase of the lack of thos type of games on the PC

I totaly agree except for the RPG Gaming. I belive there are quite a lot RPG games to a PC. But sure nothing will beat the FF series :)

for me, it`s my pc... `cause you can play all genres of games without problems. it's very difficult to play an ego shooter on the ps2 or sth. else, because its very difficult to move exactly an fast with an usual controller.

I prefer Ps2 because it is esier to play in and u dont have to worry about system requirements and such...what if ur HDD runs out of space. But for RTS games, the ps2 is no good

I enjoy content on both platforms and I don't particularly favor one or the other. About 8 years ago I favored PC over the consoles but that's changed a lot. I like the high resolutions of PC games but it's nice to play PS2 on a large TV dispite the resolution being low.

pc will always be better than any console. the reason is that it is expandable in capabilities

PC Pwnz0rs!

I love the PS2, but the PC has MMORPG's and online shooters which I love. I would miss the quality RPG's of PS2 but I have the MMORPG's and games like Morrowind to make up for that. So PC.

"It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great." - Albel Knox

PC, it is upgradable.
But I was always wondered why they don`t make on PC games like on consoles...

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

I absolutely take PC. Why? Well, you talk about game capacity, right? PC is always evolving, increasing and improving it's capacities. And to be honest, The PC games tha I've played are the best I've ever played, and I metion that I've played many japanese PC games (many of puzzle and dating=.

God bless PC.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.