Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Academy Awards - Oscars - Minitokyo

Academy Awards - Oscars

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

What do you think of Chris Rock hosting the Oscars tonight? What do you think of the winners/losers? I would like to see one of Miyazaki's works nominated as a best picture, but maybe I'm being selfish XD

Please keep all Oscar posts in one thread.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Chris Rock would make a pretty damn funny host if I saw him, but I can't. I'm in college, and I don't watch TV on campus.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

oo, I'm watching the Oscars right now, Chris Rock is funny XD and i also hope that one of Miyazaki's flims gets nominated, your not being selfish ^_~. I hope that Ray wins!! It's a great movie :D

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well I am waiting for Johnny Deep to get his knock for best Actor, I am very big fan of his body of work. It is about time he gets reward for not going the conventional Hollywood types of role. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

LOL I try to not *think* about it, LOL

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Chris Rock as the host eh? Methinks the TV network is going to have to increase the delay of the broadcast judging by the amount of swearing he does :P

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Yeah, Chris Rock is damn funny...just saw that girl from "House from flying daggers" presenting the best vfx... wounder what her name is...seen her in some good movies.. *looks her up*

nekosasu

nekosasu

chibi ningen no baka ~desu

The oscars, already? lol
Saturday evening there were the Cesars in France...
(I don't even know who Chris Rock is XD)
Anyways some of Miyazaki's works winning some oscars wouldn't be bad at all, hehe.
I need to check the newspaper later in the day or tomorrow for the results, as the ceremony might be over by now... I need to catch the train to school in 5 minutes anyways ;_;

Rinkin

Rinkin

Avant-Garde

Ummm, ew. Chris Rock kills the Oscars. He completely ruined the classy feel to it, and not only that...but his jokes were a bit....well unfunny. They were nice for a chuckle, but the previous hosts (ie; Whoopie or Billy Crystal) put him to shame. Though, I didn't think Million Dollar Baby would get so much acclaim. Gotta check it out for sure. <333

By the way, animated pictures don't win Best Picture, because that big category is for motion pictures.

Spirited Away won Best Animated Featured Film a year or two back. :]

Though, I was a little suprised. o_O

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Yay! I can't wait to watch it tonight! XD I thought that Billy Crystal was hosting the Oscars...because he was the host for quite a few years now...I think...^_^
mmm...didn't Miyazaki's Spirited Away win the best animated movie a few years back? I'll be really cool if he was nominated again! The Oscars is showing tonight at 10:30pm here in New Zealand. So sad that they never broadcast it live! The news is always spoiling it!!! >=( I just hope someone like Johnny Depp can win for best actor! (so sad he didn't get it last time T_T ) Can't wait!! (there better not be too many commercials! OX )

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

toru07

toru07

Guardian of the Deep Abyss

Quote by SherlockYeah, Chris Rock is damn funny...just saw that girl from "House from flying daggers" presenting the best vfx... wounder what her name is...seen her in some good movies.. *looks her up*

It's Zi Yi Zhang, "House of Flying Daggers". She's on Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon & Hero. I think she is also in Rush Hour 1 or 2, i don't know which.

Poor Johnny Depp XO he lost again to Jamie Foxx.
& I like Beyonce's performance... XD

Signature

Rinkin

Rinkin

Avant-Garde

Quote by toru07

Quote by Sherlock&amp; I like Beyonce's performance... XD

D: I thought the songs were beautiful, but her voice kept on fluctuating, it bugged me. I just wanted her to sing smoothly. >B *grr*

all i got to say is, asian cinema was for the most part, almost completely shut out of the oscars this year. no asian movies made it to the final selection for foreign and suprisingly no japanese animations made it for the best animated feature (me thinks mindgame should have won). the only nomination that i recall was HoFD for cinematography. geez, what a small scope america has on asian cinema if HoFD is representing all of it this year. no "3 Iron", Old boy, 2046, etc.....

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Already watch the Oscars. Chris Rock isn't that bad as a host. He's great! Million Dollar Baby won the Oscar for Best Picture. Jamie Foxx and Morgan Freeman took home Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor respectively. For the ladies, Hillary Swank and Cate Blanchett got the awards for Best Actress and Best Suporting Actress.

True, no Japanese film made it to the Oscars. Let's hope for next year, ne? :)

Movin'...

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I personally like Chris Rock, but it's understandable as to why he might not have been the best choice for host.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

my opinion is that chris rock sucked. Billy Crystal was much funnier. And Miyazaki-sama not being even nominated in animated feature was...ughh
Im also sad Hotel Rwanda didnt win anything. That movie was good.
oh and jhonny depp looked sadly really ugly..... T_T wheres my sexy jhonny? ;_;

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

1-I loved chris rock on the academy awards....actually, I have loved him everytime he hoss something (or on his HBO comedy hour ^^; )

2-too bad no anime got nominated this year ^^; (no GITS ;_; )

Man, I totally forgot the oscars was on. That how much I care about ppl gettin paid millions of dollars to 'act' (most the time not very good) in bad producitions. I love movies and always will, but can do with out the part of watchin greedy ppl flashin all they got which most time they have not worked that hard to get comparitively. Whoa, hold on, got to go, my dl of million $ baby is done.

Up here in Canada doin what I hate so I can do the stuff I love the rest the time.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.