Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 BECK music and soundtrack... - Minitokyo

BECK music and soundtrack...

page 1 of 1 15 total items

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

The BECK soundtrack is going to be available soon and I went back to listen to the music from the anime. I love the anime and it's music so much. Just wanted to know from other BECK fans...

1) What real artists do you think inspired the music from the anime?
2) Which are your favorite songs from the anime?

When I hear that one rap type song that Chiba sings, I can't help but think they were totally inspired by Rage Against the Machine (for that song in particular). The whole rock and rap thing is their style. Plus the awsome bass sounds similar too. I really like that Full Moon Sway song. I kinda want to hear the whole thing. As to my favorite BECK song...it would have to be the intro!! I love the Beat Crusaders! It's so damn catchy too! :)

Let me know what you guys think...

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

nanou1

nanou1

l'habitant de l'infini

hello!!
i think the same !
i said to my boy friend that the music was inspired of rage against the machine... i like very much this group so when i watch the anime and i heard the OST, it's so cool!
very good music in this anime, i wait the OST with impatient!
i like the music of the end "my world down" (the lyrics are very interessing...)

Signature

It was kinda surprising to hear that Dying Breed was a real-life rock band, but Dying Breed isn't the only artist that the music in the series is based one. Since my knowledge about music is kinda limited, the only thing i know for sure is that the song that you're referring to is actually j-pop...the actual song is by Sowelu, and it's called Moon on the Water. I've heard it and it actually sounds a bit better than what you hear in the series.

From what I've heard, the actual Dying Breed band plays heavy metal. I think it was just a coincidence on the naming part, as the music from Beck is no where near heavy metal. I also agree that the music in Beck was inspired by Rage Against the Machine. My favorites from the anime are Moon on the Water and Face. :)

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

I forgot where I read it from but I heard that Dying Breed is a band that was formed very recently. If you want to know more about Dying Breed, you can check out the link.

Thanks Twilight for the info about the song. I'll see if I can get it somewhere.

EDIT: Oh, here is an MP3 of the Dying Breed song, the real Dying Breed. It sounds pretty good. They should be coming out with an album soon. Take a listen. They sound like the anime version of themselves and BECK too.

Signature

hmmm... i dunno what band(s) inspired the series. But I must say that the music is goooood and the plot (so far at least from what i have seen). The songs i like are... Moon on the Water, Follow Me, and Reloaded.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

The last song in the anime series is also pretty nice. It's called "slip out" i think. It kinda reminds me of Oasis.

i just had a thought too. Taira (the bassist) is totally inspired by Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers! Flea always takes off his shirt and plays the cords till his fingers bleed. Ewwww!

Signature

bleakreserve

bleakreserve

true reflections

For some odd reason i love Beck's music even if its done in poor english :) I totally love beat crusaders's "follow me" song and i also have beck's outro song and "full moon sway" which i thought was a little too whimpy but i love the series so i didn't matter to me. I hope they have a second season ^ ^

Love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image... otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. ~ Unknown

Signature Image

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

I haven't read the manga but i don't think they will have a second season. They might make another soundtrack though. Anime often have more than one soundtrack if they are popular enough.

Signature

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

I honestly never watch Beck, but I know I like Moon On the Water (the original version sung by Sowelu) 'cause it's part of the anime.

Movin'...

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Moon On The Water is an awesome song and I prefer the Koyuki version to the original. I like some of the original pieces, but maybe because I have seen them performed in the anime, I prefer the anime versions. Will be buying the 'Beck' album in Japan and probably some of the Beat Crusaders stuff ^__^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Dernhelm

Dernhelm

Namakemono no Ronin

i think it's obvious that RATM are being reflected when they use Chiba for vocals. but when Koyuki takes over and it's a lot more mellow... probably... Beatles i guess. anime-Dying Breed reminds me a lot of Nirvana for some reason, and Eddie's like Kurt. or something. haha. and the band in the manga called... FVE i think, they're so much like Good Charlotte or A Simple Plan. (since i can't hear the music, i'm just basing it off looks, ha ha.) also, let me add that Leon Sykes has this guard in the manga who looks exactly like Snoop Doggy Dogg. XD oh man, it's gonna be hard releasing the manga (if they do try) in the States cos of the confusion or copyright issues it could stir up.

favorite songs? i have a LOT. :D

Beck - Brainstorm:Big Muff, Like a Foojin, By Her: Endless Traveling Map, I Got a Feeling (DEFINITELY!!)
Beat Crusaders - Hit in the USA
Musicmans (with Taira and Manabu) - Journeyman
Koyuki/Maho/Sowelu - Moon on the Water
Ciel Blue (Koyuki and Saku's short highschool stint) - Youkai Ningen Bem
Hyoudou's Band - Gymnasium, Love Dischord
Beat Crusaders - Hit in the USA, 50¢ Wisdom

Signature
"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

The series rulezzzzzz and so the ost. Especially the keith ost with the original songs. Great stuff. Rockezzz to the bone [well some of them :D]

Its the Best anime OST I have heard

Signature Image

Beck is pure magic... its awesome...
I want that OST, the music is great.
My favorite songs are Moon on the water and Face

Signature

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.