Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you do when.....? - Minitokyo

What do you do when.....?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

inochikyo

inochikyo

Shy Little Me

I wanna know what you would do if you were in an online relationship for a long time...would you meet the person or not? Tell me why...
(>_< Darn....i triple posted by accident...dont mind the rest of them sorry...)

Masaru-San

Masaru-San

Mayor of Hardcoretown.

I wou.dn't trust anyone unknown in person when it comes to a relationship. The person adored could be some kid tricking people, or a 55 year old priest waiting for a victim to look for him.

Take a look toward the sky, Halvdane. We shall fill the air with spears to turn black this christian sun.

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... i'm going with what Masaru-San said... the internet is a beautiful world where you can lie to everyone about yourself without fear of someone discovering the truth (now i'm not saying i'm doing it loll, i'm just saying it's possible ^^)

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Since I'm old enough to look after myself (at least I hope so XD) I'd meet the person. After all a long term relationship over the Net is at the least something to build upon. Mind you I probably wouldn't try starting a relationship purely online. I think it'd be way too strange not to meet the person unless the relationship blossomed as a side effect from just getting to know each other. :)

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

depends on how long, if it was about a year or more, then yeah. but i would always do so with a bit of caution, just in case they are a total nut or something.

bmagrl

.:hot pink cosmo:.

i was watchin the muray show, there was a story about this girl in a online relationship with this guy. they decieded to meet each other. the girl found out that the guy was 45. it turned out that he was a child molester.
personally i wouldnt really meet the person. it really depends how much i trust that person.

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Quote by Ayamaelhum... i'm going with what Masaru-San said... the internet is a
beautiful world where you can lie to everyone about yourself without
fear of someone discovering the truth (now i'm not saying i'm doing it
loll, i'm just saying it's possible ^^)

What! People lie about themself! No way! Really? Just joking! Hey, you can meet the person, but maybe you can realize that isn't what you expected! ^_^'

Earn money reading e-mails here

I'ld say you should meet...
I've met my 2nd g/f, which I've been with for the past...almost 3 years, in a forum...we met after 1/2 year... the thing is...we hadn't seen each other before...so I guess it would've been easy to just leave, if the other had lied about him/herself... But, what can I say...Fortuna was on my side...bringing me together with a smart, intelligent, beautiful, kind south-korean girl :D ~love~

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I would say it depends on how long you've known them and how well developed your relationship is. If you really trust the other person and you have been talking for a long time, say a year or more, then I would say it's ok to meet them. But just as a caution, I would take another person with you just in case they turn out to be a total nut. And meet in an ares where there is sure to be a lot of other people, like a restaurant or a coffee shop or something. That is just my advice. Its ok to meet them but I would still be careful about it, because you never know what could happen . . .

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Absolutely yes. I already did it sooo many times. I used to play (and still play) an online game (warcraft 3), and I had the chance to know a lot of people and to meet a lot of them in real life. I remember first time I met them we were a group of 7 people, and we organized a sort of pizza party and had tons of fun :) . I even went to a very big lan event (in italy, called SMAU ILP) that gathered something like 500+ people from different online communities... I really made lot of friends there who shared my same passion for videogames and so on. It was really cool. I've been even invited to the wedding ceremony of one of my friends that I first got to know on the internet :)

So yes if you get to know someone on the internet for a long time I'd say you could try to meet him/her, just remember to not always expect the same kind of behavior, a lot of people are less/more open in real life, but overall it is usually a good experience. :D

I would like to meat that person if it has been a long time. But it would also depend on who that person is and what kind of online relationship there is.

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

runic

meep

yeah nowdays its normally pretty safe, even i have done it a couple of times.
Thats how i met on of my best mates 3 years ago

Signature

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.